FCC Question

Wavelet

We received an email from Princess after we disembarked a couple weeks ago. It was for either FCD or FCC and $100 pp deposit on a future cruise. (I'm sure it's the one everyone gets after a cruise). My question is this: do I have to SAIL within the 2years or can I book a cruise within the 2years, but sail say 2 1/2 years later? Right now were thinking of a Hawaii/Tahiti cruise. I see it's offered in Oct 2015, but I can't sail until October 2016 (I'm retiring then :).)

Also, I notice that the Princess website only lists available cruises through May, 2016. Do TAs have more/later dates than these available?

I appreciate the feedback from experienced cruisers. I have learned a lot on this board and know this is the go-to place for any cruise information. Thanks.

We received an email from Princess after we disembarked a couple weeks ago. It was for either FCD or FCC and $100 pp deposit on a future cruise. (I'm sure it's the one everyone gets after a cruise). My question is this: do I have to SAIL within the 2years or can I book a cruise within the 2years, but sail say 2 1/2 years later? Right now were thinking of a Hawaii/Tahiti cruise. I see it's offered in Oct 2015, but I can't sail until October 2016 (I'm retiring then :).)

Also, I notice that the Princess website only lists available cruises through May, 2016. Do TAs have more/later dates than these available?

I appreciate the feedback from experienced cruisers. I have learned a lot on this board and know this is the go-to place for any cruise information. Thanks.

Just did this last week for the inlaws. Theirs expire May 2015 and they want to book a cruise in Sept 2015. Princess fixed it within 48 hours. Contact your TA or Princess.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

You have to BOOK within the time frame. Sail date doesn't come into it.

As noted above you can also simply call Princess and extend the FCC for an additional two years if you don't end up booking within that time. Alternately, you can contact Princess and have the cash refunded.

You have to BOOK within the time frame. Sail date doesn't come into it.

As noted above you can also simply call Princess and extend the FCC for an additional two years if you don't end up booking within that time. Alternately, you can contact Princess and have the cash refunded.

No you don't have to book within the time frame, you book the cruise that falls after the expiration of the valid FCC, then you contact Princess and ask that the FCC expiry date be adjusted and applied to the new booking. ;)

Thanks to all the replies!! I thought that might be the case, but I wanted to check with you guys before I paid. Thanks also for the info on when to expect to see the later 2016 cruise offerings.

This board is great!!

Thanks to all the replies!! I thought that might be the case, but I wanted to check with you guys before I paid. Thanks also for the info on when to expect to see the later 2016 cruise offerings.

This board is great!!

I forgot to mention just don't let the FCC expire, otherwise you cannot extend it. You can still get the refund though.

Just so you know, If you buy a FCC AFTER you disembark, the OBC is reduced. When you buy onboard you receive more OBC in every catagory. I forgot to turn mine in onboard and discovered this after the fact.

What are the reduced OBCs if you buy the FCC after you disembark?

What are the reduced OBCs if you buy the FCC after you disembark?

I believe it's cut in half. There's another thread on here somewhere that addresses that very issue.

The lower OBC may not be much, but the FCC is still good as the only deposit needed (except for World Cruise segments) for the next cruise you book.

I checked our Peronalizer a few days ago because one of our old FCD's expired on the 10th :( Hated to see that happen but we had to cancel a cruise and we weren't sailing again before then. In Personalizer, the one "old" one stated "sail by", the two "new" ones we bought in 2013 also stated "sail by", but the three we bought this year state "book by". There appears to have been a change in the terms.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

As noted above you can also simply call Princess and extend the FCC for an additional two years if you don't end up booking within that time.

Have you tried that lately? I was told unequivocally by someone at Princess that the rules have been changed and FCCs were no longer extendable. Of course, that could have been one of those Princess flexible-facts moments.

We used our FFC today to book a cruise in April 2015 but they expire in Dec this year. My understanding is that when they are close to expiring they would contact you about rolling it over for another 2 years.

BTW was amazed at the amount of OBC we got today when I checked the princess site - we got total of A$275 - but we booked a 42 day cruise. The future cruise credits are worth it on the longer cruises - but not world cruises.;)

For world cruises or world cruise segments the FCC gets you a 3% discount. That could be worth more than OBC.

Thanks because I was told by someone at Princess a few years ago you can only us them for up to 49 days and not World Cruises or segments of them - things change.;)

Have you tried that lately? I was told unequivocally by someone at Princess that the rules have been changed and FCCs were no longer extendable. Of course, that could have been one of those Princess flexible-facts moments.

There may be some truth to that. I couldn't do it my self & recently had to have my TA call for the extension for only a few days.

For some reason when we booked a B2B cruise in a window suite we had to pay $100 more towards our deposit even tho I used 4 FCCs. it was a new TA and it may just have been the policy of that company.

Princess would not require anything more than the four FCCs you used.

Either your TA was confused or this is a TA to stay away from.

We used our FFC today to book a cruise in April 2015 but they expire in Dec this year. My understanding is that when they are close to expiring they would contact you about rolling it over for another 2 years.

When you booked the cruise did they extend the FCC without you requesting it?

I would never count on them to contact me when they close to expiring.

The TA actually said they expired in Dec this year to the Princess person when changing our cabin number and was told no problem with using them.

It shows up in personaliser that they have been used as deposit.

I am aware about issues depending on who answers calls, and some TA - why it took 2 calls to Princess from me before I booked, and 2 trips to TA before we decided to book with them - as usually book direct with cruise lines.