Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

CarnivalPride-July272014130_zps1c78abbf.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014131_zps1cd2edd0.jpg

I wish now that we would have done this.....this is the Seadog Powerboat ride. It does 360 degree spins......it looked like a lot of fun. We have rode on one before in Chicago at Navy Pier

CarnivalPride-July272014133_zps08890aaf.jpg

The Power Plant in the Inner Harbor. I miss ESPN Zone being here....ESPN Zone was here the last time we cruised on the Pride in 2009

CarnivalPride-July272014134_zps1bb15f90.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014135_zpsbbef6fc9.jpg

We are all enjoying our Water Taxi ride in Baltimore

CarnivalPride-July272014143_zps761f01a0.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014145_zpsbe3aa39e.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014146_zpsebe9bb84.jpg

I never realized it but the headquarters for Under Armour is in Baltimore. Their big factory and store is right behind the Domino Sugar factory

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014030_zps77646c11.jpg

See that door on the side of the ship....that is where they offload the Tanks

One of my Dad's favorite shows was "Homicide" and as we were walking around the Fells Point area we saw the building where it was filmed. So my dad really enjoyed this

CarnivalPride-July272014116_zps08775202.jpg

The building where the show was filmed

This is cool - I didn't know that plaque was there. My sister is an actor and appeared on two episodes (continuation of one storyline) of Homicide in the late 90's.:)

I'm enjoying your review and looking forward to seeing more. You sure don't skimp on the pictures!:)

After exploring the Inner Harbor on the Water Taxi we decided that it was time to head back to the hotel and check-in. We were all pretty tired and hungry so it was time to relax for the rest of the night.

I pre-booked our hotel prior to our arrival. I booked the Sleep Inn and Suites....I booked this hotel because it is a choice hotel and I could earn reward points and because it had a park and cruise package. The park and cruise package would allow us to keep our car parked their for the duration of the cruise and they also provided a shuttle service to the port the morning of our cruise and would provide a return shuttle after the cruise back to the hotel to get our car.

It all worked out well. The only glitch is that you had to check out of your hotel room before you could get on a shuttle to the port. We checked out of our room by 9:00 am on the morning of the cruise

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014039_zpsad1745e3.jpg

Mom is relaxing in the hotel room

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014040_zpsb8c5de98.jpg

This was a very nice room.....comfy beds, a nice walk-in shower, and a sitting area with a chair and couch. I would definitely stay here again for a cruise out of Baltimore

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014041_zpsf2ebf983.jpg

HAHAHA.....oh yeah my dad looks pooped :p

This is cool - I didn't know that plaque was there. My sister is an actor and appeared on two episodes (continuation of one storyline) of Homicide in the late 90's.:)

I'm enjoying your review and looking forward to seeing more. You sure don't skimp on the pictures!:)

See the gold car across the street....the "Homicide" sign is right above the car.

I am just getting started with the pictures ;) :) :p

We always take pop and water onboard with us so as we were relaxing in the hotel I checked my phone for a local Wal-Mart, Target, or grocery store. I found a Wal-Mart only about 3 miles from the hotel so while my dad was getting his shower and cleaned up for the night. My mom and I decided to head to Wal-Mart to get our pop and water so that I didn't have to go and do it in the morning. It was very convenient and we were back to the hotel within the half hour.

We all got ready for bed early....I think I was sleeping by 11:00 pm. We were all pooped from the drive and from our day of exploring in Baltimore

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014042_zps026ee73a.jpg

I was too excited to sleep much later than 6:30 am so I got up early and went downstairs to see what they had for breakfast. I had breakfast down in the lobby and then I brought breakfast back to the room for my mom and dad

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014043_zpsad52db8e.jpg

It was still pretty early so not too many people were down for breakfast yet

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014044_zps47875686.jpg

Nice sitting area in the lobby

Once everybody was up and moving around I started getting the suitcases ready with the luggage tags. We got everything put on so we headed back down to the lobby to get checked out so that we could get on the shuttle to the Port of Baltimore

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014045_zps493dafad.jpg

Dad and I waiting in the lobby for the shuttle to arrive to take us to the port

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014046_zps31dcab41.jpg

The shuttle ride to the port was a little hairy.....let's just say I never knew that an Econoline van could take the corners at 50 mph. But yes it can be done :eek: My mom and I were holding on for dear life

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014047_zpsb0994377.jpg

Our first sight of the Carnival Pride

We arrived at the Port of Baltimore....in one piece :p

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014048_zpsc6852f76.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014050_zps8763b017.jpg

For this cruise we brought a little cart/walker along for my dad to use in the ports. So that when he needed to sit down that he could.....this worked out great in our ports of Grand Turk and Freeport....more to come on that later

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014051_zps945613bf.jpg

My dad's shirt says it all.....that's the story of my life....HAHA

Oh, how I loved Pride. We had a really nice cruise last year. Looking forward to another cruise on Pride in another year...but for this October...it is the Conquest!!

Thanks and looking forward to seeing all of your expert photos! :)

I don't know about expert photos but yes I do love taking pictures. My dad was just telling me the other day that I should take a photography class....so I am going to try and find one in our area. I am thinking that it would be a lot of fun

I don't know about expert photos but yes I do love taking pictures. My dad was just telling me the other day that I should take a photography class....so I am going to try and find one in our area. I am thinking that it would be a lot of fun

They look great to me, you must have a nice camera too! You don't really need the class, but I think it would be fun too!

Enjoying your review keep it coming. :D:D

Thank You.....just waiting on more pics to upload

Great review...thanks for posting...love the Pride..we have sailed her twice....and your photos are fantastic:):):)

Yeah we have been on the Pride twice now too. It's actually the first ship we have cruised on twice.

Thank You.....I definitely enjoy taking photos of our adventures

I can't wait to read about your adventures on this cruise!

Thank You....we definitely had a great time

They look great to me, you must have a nice camera too! You don't really need the class, but I think it would be fun too!

I use 2 cameras....one is point and shoot Panasonic Lumix camera (I use this one the most) and I also have a Nikon Coolpix with a Long Zoom Lens. Yeah I think the class would be fun to learn how to take photos with the different scene selections

Enjoying this review! Pride is the only spirit class ship we haven't cruised on. With no ships in NYC after October (our homeport-we are 20 minutes doorstep to cruise terminal) we are definitely thinking of booking Pride for 2015. We used to drive to Baltimore a lot when the Yankees were playing the Orioles at Camden Yards and it's a beautiful city. And I'm another Homicide Life on the Street fan! ;) Thanks for sharing your cruise with us!