Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

Brianna, so excited to see the start of your review! It has been like waiting for a favorite author's next novel! Better, really! Thanks so much for sharing your adventures. I feel like I know you and your dad.

Ooooo that's a great compliment...I'm a Cruise Novelist...haha. Thank You.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the review.

Haven't even started reading yet but I'm so excited to see this one and follow along on another adventure with you and dad and mom!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Thank You. We decided to haul Mom along with us on this journey....people were beginning to think that she didn't exist....hehe

I hope you enjoy this review like the other ones

Thank You. We decided to haul Mom along with us on this journey....people were beginning to think that she didn't exist....hehe

I hope you enjoy this review like the other ones

I just for the first time noticed your signature. I see you were on the elation march 2011. So was i lol. Out of mobile. Maybe we met in a past life lol

Edited by kybluecruiser

I just for the first time noticed your signature. I see you were on the elation march 2011. So was i lol. Out of mobile. Maybe we met in a past life lol

Yep I was on the Elation. I went on that cruise with a boyfriend....my dad was left at home. He wasn't too happy about that one....haha.

I miss Carnival going out of Mobile. The embarkation was so smooth. We went to Progreso and Cozumel on that cruise. Is that the ports you went to??

Yep I was on the Elation. I went on that cruise with a boyfriend....my dad was left at home. He wasn't too happy about that one....haha.

I miss Carnival going out of Mobile. The embarkation was so smooth. We went to Progreso and Cozumel on that cruise. Is that the ports you went to??

Yes.... Lol we went the last week of March. I actually still have my funtimes from that cruise.

Yes.... Lol we went the last week of March. I actually still have my funtimes from that cruise.

I will have to check the dates of when we went on the Elation. I have all my sail and sign cards in my nightstand....I will look tonight when I head to bed.

Woop, another Wrigley review! :D:D:D Dang, girl, you look like your mama! And your dad is adorable as always. Can't wait for more!

Haha I'll take that as a good thing. Yeah my mom and I do look alike. I'll tell my dad that you think he looks adorable....haha. He'll get a kick out of that.

So very happy to see another Wrigley review! Nice to see you with both your parents. Mom is a beautiful lady and you do favor her!

You should definitely look in to some kind of photo class. You seem to have a pretty good eye for things and once you get a handle on different settings, they will be even better! I'm a photo enthusiast but I shoot with a DSLR. I took a 9 week twice weekly course through a local adult ed program and it truly was the best thing I could have done. Sometimes you can find library groups that are geared more towards point and shoot. Once you learn the settings, then its about composition. Once you really get in to it I bet you go for a DSLR! However, one thing I took away from the classes is, it's not the camera. It's the photographer. People always say "oh you must have a good camera". Not always true! I can take good pics with a P&S, DSLR or iPhone. I can also take crappy ones! I say go for it. You already have a passion for it!

So, bring on the pics. I can hardly stand the wait for more!

We checked out of the hotel by 9:00 am and we waited in the lobby until 9:30 am. At that time the desk clerk at the hotel said the shuttle was on its way back to the hotel. We were on the first shuttle to the cruise port. We left the hotel around 9:45 am and we arrived at the port by 10:00 am. We were checked in at the cruise terminal and waiting to board by 10:15 am.

The embarkation at the Port of Baltimore was by far the smoothest embarkation we have encountered on a cruise. Since we arrived so early and got checked in we did have to wait over an hour in the cruise terminal for boarding to begin.

For the shuttle at the end of the cruise we had to wait about 30 minutes. I called the hotel to tell them that we had our bags and that we had exited the terminal and that we were ready for our return shuttle to the hotel.

I hope you continue to enjoy my review. If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you for this information! I was going to ask this myself! LOL

Kim

So very happy to see another Wrigley review! Nice to see you with both your parents. Mom is a beautiful lady and you do favor her!

You should definitely look in to some kind of photo class. You seem to have a pretty good eye for things and once you get a handle on different settings, they will be even better! I'm a photo enthusiast but I shoot with a DSLR. I took a 9 week twice weekly course through a local adult ed program and it truly was the best thing I could have done. Sometimes you can find library groups that are geared more towards point and shoot. Once you learn the settings, then its about composition. Once you really get in to it I bet you go for a DSLR! However, one thing I took away from the classes is, it's not the camera. It's the photographer. People always say "oh you must have a good camera". Not always true! I can take good pics with a P&S, DSLR or iPhone. I can also take crappy ones! I say go for it. You already have a passion for it!

So, bring on the pics. I can hardly stand the wait for more!

Thank You. My mom is a pretty lady. And I'm fortunate to say that I got my good looks from her....haha.

Yeah I think a photo class would be fun. It'd be a great way to understand how to take better photos. We have a local community college only a few miles from us and they do extended education classes at night. Sometimes you can even catch a class when they are free. I have already looked at DSLR cameras but I don't want to get one until I know what I am buying. I am definitely a photo enthusiast....especially cruise pics. I could stare at the water onboard for hours...I'm just mesmerized by the blue waters.

Did you find that after you took the photography classes you were more well versed on what scene selection worked better for a particular picture?? That's what I would like to learn more about.

Thanks again for the advice

Thank you for this information! I was going to ask this myself! LOL

Kim

You're welcome. And if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. We prefer to park at a hotel and take their shuttle to the port if that is an option

Subscribing to my first Wrigley80 review...sounds like the place to be...

and who wouldn't want to hang out with gals like this - looks like lots of fun :D

Haha thank you. I hope you enjoy my review. Yeah we are a pretty fun group....and how could ya not have fun when were going on a cruise

I will be back tomorrow morning to continue on with the photos. I uploaded over 100 photos tonight and that's from our first day at sea onboard.

Thanks Again to everyone for following along in our cruise adventures. It is such a joy to put these photo reviews together for everyone to enjoy

CarnivalPride-July272014115_zps7ebad41f.jpgThe Maryland state flag.....can anyone tell me what the flag represents??

The flag's design was based on the coat of arms adopted by George Calvert, the first Baron Baltimore. The black and gold is from the Calvert family while the red and white is from Calvert's maternal family, the Crosslands.

I was also on the Elation at the end of March 2011, the 21st to the 26th I believe. Friends of ours got married on the ship in Korean dress. It was a lot of fun! We went to Calica and Cozumel.

[quote name='hulawho']I was also on the Elation at the end of March 2011, the 21st to the 26th I believe. Friends of ours got married on the ship in Korean dress. It was a lot of fun! We went to Calica and Cozumel.[/QUOTE]

I was 26-31 lol. Went to progresso and cozumel.

[quote name='wrigley80']Thank You. My mom is a pretty lady. And I'm fortunate to say that I got my good looks from her....haha.

Yeah I think a photo class would be fun. It'd be a great way to understand how to take better photos. We have a local community college only a few miles from us and they do extended education classes at night. Sometimes you can even catch a class when they are free. I have already looked at DSLR cameras but I don't want to get one until I know what I am buying. I am definitely a photo enthusiast....especially cruise pics. I could stare at the water onboard for hours...I'm just mesmerized by the blue waters.
Did you find that after you took the photography classes you were more well versed on what scene selection worked better for a particular picture?? That's what I would like to learn more about.

Thanks again for the advice[/QUOTE]

When I took my class it was with my DSLR and we learned about aperture, shutter speed, and proper exposure. Those are already set in the different scene settings on your point and shoot so yeah, a class that works with P&S cameras will teach you about the proper settings for each situation. Most consumer grade DSLR's(as opposed to a professional one)have scene settings also so if you decide to make the jump and until you get the knack of it you can still use those settings and also auto settings.
Like I said, I think you already have an "eye" for it. Have fun with it!

[quote name='sirfuller']The flag's design was based on the coat of arms adopted by George Calvert, the first Baron Baltimore. The black and gold is from the Calvert family while the red and white is from Calvert's maternal family, the Crosslands.[/QUOTE]

Wow!!! Thank You. It is a beautiful flag and unlike any other in the U.S