Our Fabulous Fascination cruise (with pics!!) 8/2/14

Jamman54

Jeff,

As always enjoyed your review! Didn't catch it the first time around because around that time we moved to Florida. (So many cruiseports!)

DD, DS, and I cruised that same itinerary last March on the Fascination, and I fell in love with that l in love with that "little" ship. I'm a sucker for fake coconut trees and Hollywood glam, lol.

Anyhow in just 19 days DD and I will sail Western Caribbean on the Splendor. Read your reviews of that ship as well.

So sorry for the loss of your son. God Bless!

Glad you enjoy my reviews, and thanks for your kind words. Enjoy your cruise on the Splendor. We'll be back on her in June.

I'm catching up on the rest of your reviews after reading your most recent one. Fascination remind me so much of Fantasy on the layout of the ship. I went to HMC for the first time back in June and fell in love with the island! It is the prettiest beach that I've been to so far. I loved seeing the photos of the cabanas since I could see #7 in the background which is the one I stay in with my family. Definitely will go back again someday!

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your son. He was definitely with you and your family on this cruise.

Thanks for reading!! Have a great time on the Sunshine!!

Really loved reading your informative review and couldn't miss the opportunity to say how very sorry I am for your loss. Cannot even imagine. Hugs and happy cruising to your family!

Thank you so much!

I am so excited for your reviews of your upcoming cruises! You do a fantastic job and get me excited for my upcoming cruises!

Glad you enjoy my reviews. Check back in four weeks as I'll be reviewing the Pride next.

Thanks for the review, loved the pictures! I did want to ask if they are serving any draft beers on the Fascination now? If so do you recall which ones? Thanks.

At that point no. I was disappointed because I was looking forward to drinking some thirsty Frog Red. But that was 8 months ago and that may have changed. (I hope).

We were not in a hurry to get off the ship today, as we had not planned any excursions. We have been to Nassau and Paradise Island dozens of times on cruise and land vacations, so sometimes we don’t even get off the ship any more. Patti and I decided that we would just take a water taxi (ferry), over to Paradise Island, and just walk around the Atlantis Marina area. Ryan just wanted to do a little shopping on Bay Street, then get back on the ship. We left the ship together a little after 10am…..

Is there a long wait to get off of the fascination here? We are on in May and I am debating doing a private excursion with blue lagoon... just a bit nervous about congestion and being able to get off the ship for 9ish.

At that point no. I was disappointed because I was looking forward to drinking some thirsty Frog Red. But that was 8 months ago and that may have changed. (I hope).

I hope so as well! My family and I will be taking this trip in July and I was hoping to try some Thristy Frog Red too!

Is there a long wait to get off of the fascination here? We are on in May and I am debating doing a private excursion with blue lagoon... just a bit nervous about congestion and being able to get off the ship for 9ish.

Since the ship will dock by 8, getting off around 9 should not be a problem.

thanks for your time to take all of the pictures and writing about your trip!!:)

we are going on the same trip in October with our dd and her family.:)

Thanks for reading, and enjoy your cruise!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for your review! Loved the details of the experience and the pics to go along with them. Gives me a great visual for my May cruise. I rented a villa because i saw it on your post. I had no idea they had them!

Thanks so much for your review! Loved the details of the experience and the pics to go along with them. Gives me a great visual for my May cruise. I rented a villa because i saw it on your post. I had no idea they had them!

Thanks for reading. You will love the Villa at HMC. Was at HMC last week and was able to get some inside the Villa pics. Watch for my Pride review coming very soon.

Thank you so much for your incredible review. You have a lovely family and you are a wonderful example to those dealing with the sting of loss. Life does go on and beautiful memories keep our loved ones alive within our hearts.

Your review is what convinced me that this is the perfect cruise to gift to my Dad for his 80th birthday. We leave on June 6th. Thank you so very much!

Thank you so much for your incredible review. You have a lovely family and you are a wonderful example to those dealing with the sting of loss. Life does go on and beautiful memories keep our loved ones alive within our hearts.

Your review is what convinced me that this is the perfect cruise to gift to my Dad for his 80th birthday. We leave on June 6th. Thank you so very much!

Thank you so much for your kind words. Enjoy your cruise on the Fascination, and Happy 80th birthday to your Dad! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I found this review after having read your most recent Spring Break review. I want to applaud the resilience of your family. So many people allow themselves to become bitter over the small disappointments that life brings (oh no, my food arrived cold! Why did that other person get to cut the line?) You have experienced one of the greatest losses imaginable and I see that you are able to appreciate what life has to offer despite your personal tragedy. There is no greater gift to share with your son, Ryan, as he goes through life. I am truly sorry for Kevin's passing and I hope that you continue to feel his spirit.

p.s. I grew up in Union County, went to Rutgers, and then lived in Baltimore, so I also enjoy seeing familiar points of interest on your trips to various ports

Edited by notsodesperatehousewife
p.s.

I found this review after having read your most recent Spring Break review. I want to applaud the resilience of your family. So many people allow themselves to become bitter over the small disappointments that life brings (oh no, my food arrived cold! Why did that other person get to cut the line?) You have experienced one of the greatest losses imaginable and I see that you are able to appreciate what life has to offer despite your personal tragedy. There is no greater gift to share with your son, Ryan, as he goes through life. I am truly sorry for Kevin's passing and I hope that you continue to feel his spirit.

p.s. I grew up in Union County, went to Rutgers, and then lived in Baltimore, so I also enjoy seeing familiar points of interest on your trips to various ports

Thank you so much for your kind words. Patti is a Rutgers Grad.

Thank you all for your kind words. We know Kevin was with us, and I'll be talking more about this later in the review. :) Hope to have more posted later today!

I love your reviews and was sorry to hear about the loss of your son.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, Great review. I haven't been on the Fascination in a long time, and love the new changes. One question, do the 5 day cruises have a deck party?

Thank you!

Thanks for reading. Yes, there is a deck party on the 5 day cruises. You should check her out now. A lot of changes for the better have occurred since you last sailed on her.

Thanks for reading. Yes, there is a deck party on the 5 day cruises. You should check her out now. A lot of changes for the better have occurred since you last sailed on her.[/quote

I sail her again on June 15th. My 2 nephews are 14 and 18 and never been on a vacation. So I am treating them to a cruise and wkend at Disney. Thanks for the information.