Just cooked Red Ginger recipes..

DaisyUK

Can you add attachments?

We did it by voice recognition, SIRI, not much typing, but lots of laughs.:D

sorry I was not thinking

You need to put it on a 3rd party site like Photobucket , smug mug then post the link in the forum

I did find this PDF file online google Red Ginger Oceania recipes

oceaniafavoritesredginger.pdf see if it works

or their blog may have the recipes

http://www.oceaniacruisesblog.com/taste/red-ginger/

Edited by LHT28

The blog has a recipe for Lobster Pad Thai but I could not find one for the Sea Bass... anyone else find one?? I love it - we ate it twice in Red Ginger and then ordered it for dinner twice in the suite... somewhat overdose but each time delicious!!

The blog has a recipe for Lobster Pad Thai but I could not find one for the Sea Bass... anyone else find one?? I love it - we ate it twice in Red Ginger and then ordered it for dinner twice in the suite... somewhat overdose but each time delicious!!

OK, seeing as Turnipeater kindly posted the recipe for the duck and watermelon salad, I thought I should step up to the plate and provide the Chilean seabass recipe. I was surprised by how easy it was (but I didn't do the banana leaf presentation bit).

Ingredients : (for 6 people)

1 cup white miso paste

2/3 cup coarsely chopped palm sugar

1/3 cup sake

1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon mirin

1/4 cup plum wine

6 skinless centre-cut sea bass fillets, 8 ounces each, bones removed (I used black cod fillet and it tasted fabulous)

1 to 2 banana leaves (optional)

3 limes, cut in half

Method :

In the top pan of a double boiler, combine the miso paste, palm sugar, sake mirin and wine, and place over simmering water in the lower pan. As the mixture heats, whisk until the sugar and miso melt and the mixture is smooth. Do not allow the mixture to boil. Remove from the heat and let it cool completely.

Place the fish in a large re-sealable bag, pour in the marinade, press out any excess air, and seal the bag. Make sure the marinade is evenly distributed over the fillets. Place the bag in a baking dish and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.

Remove the fish from the refrigerator about 30 mins before cooking to bring it up to room temperature.

If using the banana leaves, cut 6 rectangles from the leaves, each about 12x14 inches. Fold the rectangles in half, short sides touching. Trim the short sides to a round point. Set aside.

Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Arrange the fish fillets in a single layer in a baking dish, leaving space between the fillets. Pour in enough of the marinade to reach one-fourth of the way up the sides of the fillets. Any remaining marinade can be brought to a low boil for a few minutes and reserved for garnishing the plates.

Place the fish in the oven and bake, basting the fish with the marinade in the dish after 10 minutes, until just cooked through, about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile preheat a grill pan over high heat. With the cut sides down, grill the lime halves without moving them for 1 minute or until caramelized. Rotate 90 degrees and grill for another minute to create a crosshatch design.

Lay out the 6 banana leaf rectangles on a work surface, with a long side facing you. Stand a fish fillet, on its side and perpendicular to the leaf, on the center of each leaf. Bring the pointed ends straight up to meet, and secure together midway between the fillet and the tips of the leaf with a small clothespin or a decorative bamboo toothpick. Transfer to individual serving plates. Place a lime half on each plate, and garnish each plate with a few drops of the reserved miso marinade if desired.

And if one wants an easier version of the duck and watermelon salad, my approximation with Trader Joe's sesame,soy, ginger vinaigrette dressing, watermelon, cashews, dark meat of chicken from a store-bought rotisserie one, scallions and a drop or two of hot pepper sauce works great.

If you google

"oceania favorites red ginger"

it will bring up a PDF file with most of the recipes

DaisyUK - you are a gem! Many thanks. I shall now start looking for the ingredients and think our local Asian shop will have them. YUM is the word for that sea bass!

I will bring a litre of good Swiss milk with me to give you on our cruise!!

Gerry

You're welcome; I hope you enjoy cooking and eating it. We certainly did and I'm sure, like Corpkid, it will become a staple for us.

Hehe - thanks for the milk offer!

Curious minds want to know ...did you find fresh milk onboard??

Sadly not. We resorted to drinking green, white and other teas without milk, or - on occasion - a cocktail! Everything else about the cruise was so fantastic, that it faded to complete insignificance. We did think about buying some milk in port, but never got around to it.