Just off the Sunshine today

lvs2crooz

Thanks for being understanding about the way I wrote my review. I was just trying to get the info to you all as fast as I could.. It never occurred to me that I would be criticized about the format of my review.

Don't worry about how your writing style! I had no difficulty reading your post at all. It's just great that you shared your experiences so quickly after your return. The longer you wait to post, the more likely you are to forget, minimize and/or exaggerate the good/bad portions of your vacation. Keep writing and sharing and those of us who appreciate your time will keep reading!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I appreciate the time you are taking to write this honest, candid review. Your writing style doesn't affect the substance of what you are telling us. Try and shrug off the "corrective criticism" and keep on doing what you're doing. We sail October 17, patiently waiting for the rest of what you have to say.

Based on your review so far, we are going to love sailing on the sunshine. Food and service superb? That's all I need to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just got off the Sunshine on Sunday as well, and I have to agree that the food and service was excellent. I admit that the food in the MDR ranged from okay to very good. But even with the "okay" dishes, that was fine after everything else we had eaten during the day. The hardest part about lunch was deciding which of the delicious food we wanted to try. I loved that every day we had our choice of a Guy's burger, a build your own burrito or taco, Mongolian wok, pasta bar, and sushi - all in addition to what they offered at the Lido buffet. And on three of the sea days, they also had a brunch!

The service and staff throughout the ship was excellent. Our room steward, Nita, was amazing. She knew our names by the first morning and always greeted us. Every staff member I passed as I walked down the hall said hello to us. Our MDR waiters were so nice, and worked so hard to keep us satisfied. The bus boys on the Lido deck were also incredible. They made sure no dirty dishes or glasses were left for any amount of time.

OP - I too am hoping you continue your review. Having been on the ship at the same time, I'm interested to see what other people thought of the cruise.

Thanks for being understanding about the way I wrote my review. I was just trying to get the info to you all as fast as I could.. It never occurred to me that I would be criticized about the format of my review.

Lvs2crooz, thanks for taking your time to write the review. And understand that on CC, there are those lurkers who have no other contructive things to do with their time and will criticize anything put on these boards, especially if they don't agree with you!! Keep up the good work!

Lvs2crooz, thanks for taking your time to write the review. And understand that on CC, there are those lurkers who have no other contructive things to do with their time and will criticize anything put on these boards, especially if they don't agree with you!! Keep up the good work!

You're right there can be some folks on here who have nothing constructive to offer and do a lot of criticizing. But Jimbo554 doesn't fit in that category. He has given out a lot of great advice and done plenty of his own reviews. I didn't see anything said about the format of the first post that wasn't constructive. If the OP is trying to relay their experience on the ship and give useful information to those that read it, I would think they would want to lay it out in as easy-to-read format as possible. One very longgggg paragraph makes for hard reading. However the OP stated why it was that way and nobody has said anything since.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I was on that cruise and the staff did a great job. The only meal that was so so was the Chinese restaurant. I thought the portions were small and I left hungry.

I really miss the late night Mexican party with FOOD. All they served was Salsa and Chips.

The ship felt a little crowed with all of the different venues that they added. They need to find another room for the comedy club. A large group of seats are around the corner from the stage with no visibility of the stage (tv monitors)

Would definitely go back.

We are sailing in her 10/12/14. This will be our 8th on Carnival and although some of the ships we have been on could have used a little revamping (we just got off the Liberty in the beginning of August) overall we make the most of each cruise and loved each one if them. We were on this particular ship when it was the Destiny and although we weren't crazy about the layout back then, we didn't let that deter us from booking her now that's she's called the Sunshine.

I've have read some mixed reviews since we booked almost a year ago. Some good, some bad and some indifferent. Yes, cruises are what you make of them and there will always be some unhappy campers, but as long as I'm not at work or at home I'm good! I do enjoy reading all of the reviews and getting the honest opinion of others. We booked 2 Aft balconies on 7 for this trip. First time we ever had Aft and are excited, but did read some negative remarks on those too. I will continue to read the reviews and opinions of others and will too post a review after our cruise for others to read. I sure hope this ship isn't disappointing as my brother and his wife will be on this one with us and this will be their first ever. Whatever happens rest assured we will undoubtedly have a great time .

Me 😃

I really was not criticizing, just trying to give you some constructive feedback.