Just off the Sunshine today

lvs2crooz

You're right there can be some folks on here who have nothing constructive to offer and do a lot of criticizing. But Jimbo554 doesn't fit in that category. He has given out a lot of great advice and done plenty of his own reviews. I didn't see anything said about the format of the first post that wasn't constructive. If the OP is trying to relay their experience on the ship and give useful information to those that read it, I would think they would want to lay it out in as easy-to-read format as possible. One very longgggg paragraph makes for hard reading. However the OP stated why it was that way and nobody has said anything since.

Thanks for the kind words. Again, I was trying to some feedback to the op, not rip them in any way. I am most interested in hearing of their cruising experience on the Sunshine. We just booked her for a large fund raising group cruise next summer. While I got to stay over on her during the naming ceremony in November in New Orleans, a sleepover is not the same as cruising.

Op, please continue. :)

nmyorkiemom

We will be on the same cruise - leaving October 4th. Can't wait. We have booked all our excursions... thinking about what to pack now. We are going to stay in Port Canaveral at the Residence Inn for two days prior to the cruise. We live in Bartlett, TN.

My family (dh, ds 15, ds 10 and dd 12) and myself with our friends sailed on the Sunshine last week Aug 23-31st.

Food was the best we've had in our 4 cruises, but service in the MDR was SLOW!!! Took over 2 hrs some nights which conflicted with other activities we wanted to partake in.

Also, I found that the comedy shows and shows in general were not spaced properly or set at impossible times.

Karoke, which my daughter loves was hard to attend as it was from 2-5pm some days in the Red Frog Pub. Unfortunately superstar karoke was only offered once and we didnt get there early enough so it was full quickly, very disappointing.

We did see several buckets around the ship and yes we did smell the smell exactly where others have commented. That didnt bother me, BUT the motion we felt on this sailing was aweful. Worst ever and even the staff had said it was rough sailing.

Waterworks area and ropes course was great when it was open but many windy days and too much rockiness kept these activities closed often.

ONE POOL IS NOT ADEQUATE!!! The adults without children had a beautiful serenity area with a small pool and waterfall, BUT these adults were upset that so many kids were in the main pool. Maybe waterworks area should have had a dedicated pool just for families with kids. Seems fair to me!

Many positives but enough negatives that would make me not book a sailing on this ship again. Other family feels the same.

On a very positive note, my friends daughter has severe food allergies and April in the main dining room was AMAZING !!! She took excellent care of her and all food requests and always ensured her food was prepared properly. She even managed to change our dinner table half way thru our cruise because we were over the engines and boat swayed so much kids always got sick at dinner. She talked to maitre'd on our behalf and moved us.

I have the fun times for our 8 day Southern itinerary that I will be scanning. If anyone wants them I'd be happy to email them to you.

I think you're doing a fine job on the review. Who cares about the format as long as you're taking the time and effort out of your busy day to put it out there for us. Thank you and happy sailings in the future!

And if you get the chance I too would love to see the funtimes (wclaytor@cox.net). We sail her on an 8 day trip in December.

We got off the Sunshine on August 23rd. There was a smell sometimes. I wish they would put food near the Serenity deck. Have to walk across Lido and then climb the stairs. It was rocky but we were dodging a hurricane for 2 days. The ports were nice and enjoyed the sea days. Ate at the steakhouse and the lobster and filet were delicious. Make your reservations the day you get on. It fills up fast. Also have the chocolate sampler, the cheesecake is huge. Also ate at Italian first night and then ate there for lunch. Menu different. Lunch is free. Would sail her again.

It seems like some if you recently sailed this ship. I am thinking about booking this cruise for August 2015. 8 day. The price seems a little high right now for early saver. Can anyone give me an idea of what they eventually paid closer to the sail date? I am looking at four people in a regular balcony. Thanks a bunch!

Op come on back! Skip the paragraphs if you want! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by cuccicruisers

It seems like some if you recently sailed this ship. I am thinking about booking this cruise for August 2015. 8 day. The price seems a little high right now for early saver. Can anyone give me an idea of what they eventually paid closer to the sail date? I am looking at four people in a regular balcony. Thanks a bunch!

Op come on back! Skip the paragraphs if you want! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the eight day exotic southern cruise the last week of August (same as OP). We booked the cruise around Christmas time last year, and with taxes and fees we paid about $2400 for four people in an interior.

A few weeks before the cruise, we saw that the cruise prices had dropped rather dramatically, and after a call to our PVP we were upgraded to an oceanview with an OBC. About ten minutes after hanging up, our PVP called back with an offer to upgrade again to a balcony for a little over $100 total for the four of us. We jumped on the offer.

So basically we ended up paying just a little more than $2500 for a four person balcony.

We got off the Sunshine on August 23rd. There was a smell sometimes. I wish they would put food near the Serenity deck. Have to walk across Lido and then climb the stairs.

We were on the Sunshine in January and Serenity had its own lunch menu (limited hours). I thought that was a nice touch.

Would like a copy please. crbarnett (at) gmail

Fist-pumping gleeful rum runner!!!

I have the fun times for our 8 day Southern itinerary that I will be scanning. If anyone wants them I'd be happy to email them to you.

Would love to get a copy of the fun times at manon_sk@hotmail.com

I'm leaving on October 17th...YAY!!!