Le Club Voyage Thumbs up or down

uktog

AS Larry Pimentel posted a few days ago - "As an aside, we have hit record high load factors, record revenues and best bottom line results in the brands hisrory. The advance bookings are even better and we contribute to the corporations profit."

If Azamara is truly posting record revenues and bottom line results ... why do they want to alienate their loyal PAX that gave them those results. Why lose those customers with the so-called "improvements" to the LCV program? These "improvements" are not for the loyal PAX benefit ... they are for the company's bottom line ... nothing more. You know the old saying - "If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ... then it is a duck."

Well, at least they listened. Internet and free laundry reinstated (internet minutes not as generous as previously enjoyed). Still can't fathom out how they based their decisions on "market research" as the results were clearly unrepresentative of the views of most people. Read about it here http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/a8fc86aa#/a8fc86aa/1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Bees100

AS Larry Pimentel posted a few days ago - "As an aside, we have hit record high load factors, record revenues and best bottom line results in the brands hisrory. The advance bookings are even better and we contribute to the corporations profit."

If Azamara is truly posting record revenues and bottom line results ... why do they want to alienate their loyal PAX that gave them those results. Why lose those customers with the so-called "improvements" to the LCV program? These "improvements" are not for the loyal PAX benefit ... they are for the company's bottom line ... nothing more. You know the old saying - "If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ... then it is a duck."

I see Larry's statement as saying Azamara is doing the best it has done since it started not as it is doing great. For me it may mean , that Azamara is not turning a profit. Making a profit is different than record high load factors, record revenues and best bottom line results in the brands history. They are doing better it means to me. At least I think. I do hope that the brand does well, many people need the jobs that Azamara offers.

I see Larry's statement as saying Azamara is doing the best it has done since it started not as it is doing great. For me it may mean , that Azamara is not turning a profit. Making a profit is different than record high load factors, record revenues and best bottom line results in the brands history. They are doing better it means to me. At least I think. I do hope that the brand does well, many people need the jobs that Azamara offers.

I spoke to the Captain on our last voyage and Azamara is now, indeed, turning a small profit.

You may well be correct about not "doing great", but he does say that they "contribute to the corporation's profit".

That would suggest that they are making some profit.

Edited by nordski

You may well be correct about not "doing great", but he does say that they "contribute to the corporation's profit".

That would suggest that they are making some profit.

Profit is good, very good! I think having different cruise lines is good for the industry. Everyone likes something different in a cruise. In the past (way past) I love Homes lines. There ships were I think a little smaller than the R - ships. Of course a differ style of cruising back in the 1970's