leggings with attached skirt

SunshineCruise

That look is not my style at all (I have flashbacks to wearing it in the 80s, so...:p) Janice of The Vivienne Files has a leggings/skirt combo from Eileen Fisher so you can see how & where she includes it in her wardrobes. She used it as part of her Project 333 and her capsule last year.

http://www.theviviennefiles.com/search?q=fisher+skirt+leggings

That look is not my style at all (I have flashbacks to wearing it in the 80s, so...:p) Janice of The Vivienne Files has a leggings/skirt combo from Eileen Fisher so you can see how & where she includes it in her wardrobes. She used it as part of her Project 333 and her capsule last year.

http://www.theviviennefiles.com/search?q=fisher+skirt+leggings

Thank you, I looked at the viviennefiles and the leggings/skirt that she has on there looks like the one that I am thinking of buying.

She mentioned that you either love or hate the combo. LOL, it looks like we have an example of a love and a hate here on the board.

She mentioned that you either love or hate the combo. LOL, it looks like we have an example of a love and a hate here on the board.

So true! Just because I don't like the look on me doesn't mean it isn't appropriate for your needs & desires, so at least I could help show you some ways that other people have styled the look. Seeing how other people pair items in wardrobes is so helpful to me as I make up my mind about a packing list or even whether or not a purchase would fit into my style & existing closet!

It's a common look up here in my mountain town. It's a fun layering look, especially in the fall when you can layer a long tank top and a hoodie or sweater on it. Add some boots, and it's a fun look. It even shows up in the winter - women will pull off the ski pants and pull on a short skirt or tunic over the long johns and go out for apre activities…

I actually have 1 skirt/long leggings and a couple skirt/capri sets. And, I have 3 different short skirts (from Athleta, of course) that I do pull on over my long johns at the end of the day riding my snowboard - going to the bar in insulated pants is just waaaaay too hot ;)

I say, "Go for it!" I'm 65 and I have and will wear that look in the Fall and Winter months. It's very versatile as you can wear the dress with tights and boots or over leggings and jeans. You can wear the leggings with tunic sweaters and blazers. :D

It's very versatile

Actually, one issue is that it's NOT versatile because it's a one-piece unit of a skirt connected (sewn) to leggings. Which is why someone above mentioned that an actual skirt over leggings *would* be a more versatile option. So. YMMV.

Actually, one issue is that it's NOT versatile because it's a one-piece unit of a skirt connected (sewn) to leggings. Which is why someone above mentioned that an actual skirt over leggings *would* be a more versatile option. So. YMMV.

Yes, I agree that it is not versatile, but I just don't wear skirts or dresses very often so for me I think the attached skirt and leggings would be much more in my comfort zone. I am used to wearing jeans, capris, and my work out yoga pants.

I will have to work my way up toward separate leggings and a skirt. :)