Off The Enchantment-Some Observations

disfan

No pastry in departure lounge for D D+ and Pinnacle, but that is the second time we have experienced that. On BR transatlantic ending in May 14, there was only coffee and water in departure lounge. Miss that perk, as we often don't make the WJ on the last morning.

Embarkation and debarkation very quick and easy. Arrived at pier at 11:15, were onboard in 5 minutes. Number 2 called at 8:30, and we were off in less than 10 minutes.

JMO

There was one small tray of pastries in the departure lounge at 7:00 am...Bert got the last one about 7:45 and it was never re-filled...guess they figured we had enough to eat during the week...:(

1- The welcome aboard photos are no longer dated. Just a generic "Welcome to Port Canaveral". Makes it a little more difficult for those keeping their photos in order.

2. No sail away pool buffet from Nassau. Only snacks in the Windjammer. There may have been rain in the forecast but this is the first time this has happened on any of my cruises.

3. Finally for those who complained about the basket of cheese, crackers and nuts, it has been replaced by a package of butter shortbread cookies and toasted almonds.

Shortread cookies and toasted almonds,in a fancy box.That should make people cruise more.:D

There was one small tray of pastries in the departure lounge at 7:00 am...Bert got the last one about 7:45 and it was never re-filled...guess they figured we had enough to eat during the week...:(

LOL, I should have known:D

No nuts in our welcome aboard package, maybe they figured the 3 of us were nutty enough:D

LOL, I should have known:D

No nuts in our welcome aboard package, maybe they figured the 3 of us were nutty enough:D

You didn't miss anything. It was a dried up looking danish.

We too only got the bag of 6-1 inch shortbread cookies. No nuts, plus never got our robes even though we are also D+.

Shrimp cocktail in Chops was terrible. Huge, tough, flavorless shrimp. Left most of it behind. Never thought I'd ever say that the shrimp cocktail in the MDR was much better, but it was.

The noises deep within the bowls of the ship were horrible and no fun to hear before 6 AM! We sure didn't need an alarm clock!!

Edited by Bellalago Breeze

We've sailed on Enchantment 5 or 6 times since she came to Port Canaveral. Our welcome basket has always been the shortbread cookies and some sort of dried candy.

When there is threat of rain, the sail away from Nassau has been held inside on more than one occasion. Disappointing, but certainly understandable considering the amount of work it takes to set it up.

Hi We had a great time. Seeing Old friends in the 5-8 daily get together was great. Seeing Desmond back upstairs was great. The food this time was just fair. However the Lamb (i think is their best item) was great. The steaks were on okay this time. The Windjammer was chaos as usual. Park Grill awesome. I always eat breakfast in the Diamond and above area and it is awesome as always. The crew in the dining rooms need to stop people in shorts and tee shirts from entering at anytime. This was my 5th cruise in the EOS and I am going again in a few days. I hope to see some of you on there then for my birthday,

Hi We had a great time. Seeing Old friends in the 5-8 daily get together was great. Seeing Desmond back upstairs was great. The food this time was just fair. However the Lamb (i think is their best item) was great. The steaks were on okay this time. The Windjammer was chaos as usual. Park Grill awesome. I always eat breakfast in the Diamond and above area and it is awesome as always. The crew in the dining rooms need to stop people in shorts and tee shirts from entering at anytime. This was my 5th cruise in the EOS and I am going again in a few days. I hope to see some of you on there then for my birthday,

See you then, neighbor. I'll be doing B2B on her for the 09/19 and 09/22 cruises.

Edited by OGCFreddie

So Desmond is still with us. I had read of his earthly departure, glad to hear it was false info

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hi Tom

I will be jealous that you are doing a b2b, I have done 2 or 3 they are great. But just to be on a cruise is always awesome, At least I have been on 6 in the last 12 months and I am thinking October is a great month to cruitse also. try and remind everyone that you can usually chose your gift prior to boarding. This is my birthday cruise 27th. See you around the ship. I usually hang out in the Crown for departure.

Hi John

Yes Desmond is very much Alive. He is assigned to the Crown Lounge and the Concierge Lounge 5-8 pm. I have known Desmond since He was very young on the Song of Norway. The rumor was a bad joke from someone and should have never posted without proof. He is the best and attentive waiter i have met