Ladies: clothes question please

lovetotraveltx

Do women wear riding boots in Alaska and on their Alaskan cruise? Or, are they a no no in June since it's technically summer?

Thank you!

Most women wear sneakers or casual walking shoes. Boots aren't necessary unless you are doing something, such as hiking, that requires them. They are also heavy/bulky to pack.

Thanks!

They are mostly fashion. Black leather up to the knee. Have traction on bottom. Very big here in Texas in fall and "winter".

I live here, and, have boots like that, and, only wear them in the fall and winter!

Susan in Anchorage:)

Since this is more about "your" fashion....if you want to wear the boots...wear them. Don't feel that you have to adhere to the season or where you are, or let anyone elses taste influence you. Enjoy !!

My 2 cents: Waterproof shoes. We went in May this year. We encountered snow on several excursions. It also rained a few days. I bought the Columbia Hiking boots. They worked great on Glacier landing and rainy weather. But the downfall is they were bulky and we didn't have the room in our luggage, so we wore them everywhere on land. I would recommend the waterproof hiking Sneaker type. Not so bulky, with comfort of a sneaker.

Have a great time.

Thanks!

They are mostly fashion. Black leather up to the knee. Have traction on bottom. Very big here in Texas in fall and "winter".

I wouldn't subject nice leather riding boots to the wet and mud we have been in since we got here. I'm wearing waterproof hiking boots. http://www.rei.com/product/854864/ahnu-sugarpine-waterproof-hiking-boots-womens

It has been cold, wet, muddy, etc. I am so glad I brought these with me, they are all I've been wearing.

Just a man's opinion, if you want to be 'fashionable' wear them. As long as you are comfortable in them when doing lot's of walking, they have good rubber soles, they are waterproof and you have room in your luggage, DO IT.

Personally though, why schlepp them all the way to Alaska, just for fashion. A good pair of sneakers will serve you better, on and off the ship.

Cheers

Len