Are they closing aqualina ?

troywest

I just saw a copy of an email that a friend received from Azamara. It contained an interview with the "Corporate Chef" that contained the following:

"........ One of my first projects is to turn our Aqualina Specialty Restaurant into a Italian Specialty Restaurant with two different menus, changing every five days......"

If this is true, I would be very unhappy. Aqualina was always a part of the Azamara experience that I looked forward to.

Possibly, the "Corporate Chef" is someone in Miami -not someone on any Azamara ship- who has joined the Club Voyage experts in Miami in trying to destroy everything we like about Azamara.

I understand it to read, that it will become an Italian restaurant. Not sure when, they are feeding the changes through.

There has been comments in the reviews that the menu never changes and what's the point when you can go to discoveries and get the same thing. That kind of comments, they probably take on board and want to make it something different, with a changing menu for those on more than 7 day cruises. Sad though for those who love it as it is.

Yvonne

Edited by HudandPug

I just saw a copy of an email that a friend received from Azamara. It contained an interview with the "Corporate Chef" that contained the following:

"........ One of my first projects is to turn our Aqualina Specialty Restaurant into a Italian Specialty Restaurant with two different menus, changing every five days......"

If this is true, I would be very unhappy. Aqualina was always a part of the Azamara experience that I looked forward to.

Possibly, the "Corporate Chef" is someone in Miami -not someone on any Azamara ship- who has joined the Club Voyage experts in Miami in trying to destroy everything we like about Azamara.

I just got that e mail today, also.

I had to go back and pull it out of my junk mail where I deposited it and actually read it and yes, you are right.....that is what it says.

Interesting that this slips out before they announce it to loyal cruisers.....:confused:

That was one of the many e mails I have received this week since they made their LCV announcement.

Here is the article on Robert

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/our-ships/life-onboard/our-crew/meet-our-captains-and-crew/corp-exec-chef-robert-van-rijsbergen

You can certainly ask for items off menu, however with more and more restriction in some counties on food that may or may not be sold, purchases ashore to meet requests can be an issue. I fear goats cheese maybe one but time will tell if this is an issue

Also, remember the days on Celebrity when you could go off menu and think how it is now. Who knows whether the bean counters will inflict thus curse on Azamara or not, track record this month is not good!

Edited by uktog

I can't see why this change would be regarded as bad? We dined in Aqualina twice on our recent Quest TA and enjoyed it both times but will be just as eager to go and try the new restaurant when we are on Journey next year and with the menu changing every few days, we may be tempted to visit more often. :D

I can't see why this change would be regarded as bad? We dined in Aqualina twice on our recent Quest TA and enjoyed it both times but will be just as eager to go and try the new restaurant when we are on Journey next year and with the menu changing every few days, we may be tempted to visit more often. :D

I do agree. This is one actual enhancement, IMO. Nice after all the negative stuff going on. We ate in Aqualina the last time, because we loved the atmosphere and because our favorite waiter was now assigned there. But I'm glad Azamara is trying something different. The Grand Marnier soufflé is yummy too and I hope they keep it on menu. I've always felt that the desserts on Celebrity and on Azamara were not as good as the rest of the food. Princess was certainly a cut below Azamara, but they managed to put out perfect soufflés every night in the MDR.

I have dined in Aquilina and Prime C many times. Their menus have not changed. As nice as they are, after a few cruises and the increases in surcharges, they really have lost their appeal. On my most recent cruise, we did not eat in either specialty restaurant. A change is way overdue. Most people like Italian food. This may be a nice option.