Cruise cost went down 100.00 each!

sassy~one

HAL offered a better inside room.

or 50.00 sb credit.

not happy!

If you are within the final payment period, that is a normal offer from HAL. If before final payment you can always just cancel and rebook, so they often pass on the entire savings.

If you are within the final payment period, that is a normal offer from HAL. If before final payment you can always just cancel and rebook, so they often pass on the entire savings.

thank you, i booked a week or so ago and they needed payment in full.

why are you not happy?

1/2 in obc up to $500 is the standard as I understand it.

They have offered you a better inside cabin. Is it bigger? have you looked?

grab one of the offers - a bird in the hand;)

let us know why you are not happy and then maybe we can help more?

The verandah cabin would have been about $14 per day...... any second thoughts it might be worth it to consider? (I added the $150 asked for plus the $50 obc you would be giving up and divided by 14).

Of course, only you know how much that would be worth to you.

The verandah cabin would have been about $14 per day...... any second thoughts it might be worth it to consider? (I added the $150 asked for plus the $50 obc you would be giving up and divided by 14).

Of course, only you know how much that would be worth to you.

I only wish that I could have gotten a balcony offer like that when I used to book insides. I have a guarantee VF for my cruise around the same time as the OP. I'll be thrilled to get anything from Hal if the price goes down. It's past final, they don't have to do squat.

I only wish that I could have gotten a balcony offer like that when I used to book insides. I have a guarantee VF for my cruise around the same time as the OP. I'll be thrilled to get anything from Hal if the price goes down. It's past final, they don't have to do squat.

You 'get it', Cruz Chic. That seemed like a good deal to me but each has to decide how to spend their own money.

Good luck. I hope you get a great offer. I'm rooting for you. :)

Happened to me. I got an offer of sbc but the would take away the deal I had with beverage cards, so it was only 50 increase. Or the offered the full amount $100 for a future cruise credit. I took the future credit but I don't even know how to check if I got it.

Thanks so much! yes i should thought about it more.

can you smoke on the balcony?

Yes, nothing has changed from your multiple other cruises with Hal. If you have an inside room why would that be important? I hope you are considering the balcony upgrade. It's a great deal and it's really nice to have a balcony!

Edited by cruz chic

I have cruised many times in inside cabins, because of the price. Now I am booking balconies or suites. The windows on the doors to the balcony bring a lot of light into the room and the views are wonderful.

Just being able to get fresh air a few steps away is worth it to me just for that comfort. I do sit on the balcony a lot but I love having that private space to 'get outside'. :)

I used to always cruise inside cabins and I was quite happy. For my 50th birthday 3 years ago I decided to treat myself to a balcony. Now I can't do without it. I've also experienced the ph and Neptune suites. Now a balcony is almost sloppy seconds:D for me. The rot set in for me anyway.