Crown Princess Port

let'sgocruising

What is the cruise terminal that the Crown Princess sails out of in Los Angeles' date=' and what are the transportation options and cost from LAX to the pier? [/color']

San Pedro/Piers #91,#92,#93.

Princess Shuttle

Supershuttle/Prime Time Shuttle $18pp each way.

Taxi approx $60.

http://www.portoflosangeles.org/recreation/cruises.asp

Edited by Colo Cruiser

• 2 weeks later...
Here is a discount code that you will save $3 with when booking Super Shuttle online. UYR59

Thanks for the info. The only time that worked out for our schedules was to be flying in the same day as the cruise, arriving in LAX at 12:30pm. In your opinion, how does Super Shuttle handle that timing?

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. The only time that worked out for our schedules was to be flying in the same day as the cruise' date=' arriving in LAX at 12:30pm. In your opinion, how does Super Shuttle handle that timing?

Thanks.[/quote']

Yikes! You're cutting it way too close! It could take you up to an hour to just leave the airport... Then, there's the notorious LA traffic. You could possibly make it by 2:30 IF you're lucky, there's little traffic, no road work or accidents. I hope you have insurance for your cruise... Because there's a good chance you'll miss your ship.

Thanks for the info. The only time that worked out for our schedules was to be flying in the same day as the cruise' date=' arriving in LAX at 12:30pm. In your opinion, how does Super Shuttle handle that timing?

Thanks.[/quote']

Do not use Super Shuttle. Take a taxi. Your goal here is not to save money but to ensure speed. Time is of the essence if you want to have a fighting chance of making it to the ship before she sails. Everything will have to go perfectly for you to be at the pier timely.

I don't know what schedule constraints you're prioritizing over making it to the ship, but if you can't arrange it to fly in the day before (or even to arrive much earlier in the morning), you might as well just begin booking your hotel for that night and your flights out the next day to the next port. I'm not being snarky; I'm just being realistic.

Do not use Super Shuttle. Take a taxi. Your goal here is not to save money but to ensure speed. Time is of the essence if you want to have a fighting chance of making it to the ship before she sails. Everything will have to go perfectly for you to be at the pier timely.

I don't know what schedule constraints you're prioritizing over making it to the ship, but if you can't arrange it to fly in the day before (or even to arrive much earlier in the morning), you might as well just begin booking your hotel for that night and your flights out the next day to the next port. I'm not being snarky; I'm just being realistic.

Ditto... you have about a 40% chance of making your cruise. Check the Princess recommended arrival times!

[/quote']

You are gambling. LA traffic can be a nightmare and it can take over an hour to get out of LAX, on to the freeway, and then pray there is no accident or a closed lane. People are going to tell you that they take the shuttle and never have a problem. I say "not yet." I would take the Princess transfer to make sure I got to the ship. Good luck!

We have had excellent success with Super Shuttle but with you arriving at 12:30 (we hope) and allowing 30 minutes to get any checked luggage and out on the curb .....well I wouldn't take the shuttle either. Check with Princess re their transfer and if they are not operating that late if not then consider a cab. Good luck.

We have had excellent success with Super Shuttle but with you arriving at 12:30 (we hope) and allowing 30 minutes to get any checked luggage and out on the curb .....well I wouldn't take the shuttle either. Check with Princess re their transfer and if they are not operating that late if not then consider a cab. Good luck.

30 minutes possibly if the baggage handlers aren't on break, and all of the equipment works right... So many intangibles...

Thanks.[/quote']

Check with your travel agent or Princess. They usually have the Princess transfer bus from LAX to the cruise terminal for $24/person.

You will probably be ok taking a taxi or super shuttle too, but as others have said who knows with LA traffic,although it tends to be lighter if you are traveling on a Saturday or Sunday.

I think you need to be onboard the ship by 3pm with a 4pm departure.(not sure of your departure)

Quote:

Originally Posted by let'sgocruising View Post

Thanks for the info. The only time that worked out for our schedules was to be flying in the same day as the cruise, arriving in LAX at 12:30pm. In your opinion, how does Super Shuttle handle that timing?

Thanks.

Wow that is way too close for comfort! Remember, there is that LA Parking Lot called "The 405"

Check with your travel agent or Princess. They usually have the Princess transfer bus from LAX to the cruise terminal for $24/person.

You will probably be ok taking a taxi or super shuttle too, but as others have said who knows with LA traffic,although it tends to be lighter if you are traveling on a Saturday or Sunday.

I think you need to be onboard the ship by 3pm with a 4pm departure.(not sure of your departure)

Check with Princess as to the latest time that their transfer bus leaves? You are probably too late for it. Best advice is "Pray & promise the cabby a big $ tip if he gets you there on time!

As has been posted above, your only option for certain boarding would be the Princess transfers. You should be ok as Princess offers transfers for domestic arrivals up to 1:30pm (international arrivals 12:30pm... I assume you're flying in from within the US). I have seen many ships held for late arriving Princess airport transfer buses but never for a cab.

You don't specify your sail date, but Princess' cutoff for flight information(needed on booking before transfers can be booked) is 14 days before sailing. If they confirm your transfer after receiving your flight info you're fine. I suggest you call your TA - or Princess - asap.

Edited by cattman

Yikes, I just booked a flight to LAX arriving by 11:15 but the airlines changed the arrival time to 11:45. Didn't realize this was cutting it close. Sailing time is 4PM. Do you think I should call them and have them rebook me on an earlier flight? I'm traveling from NY, so it's a long flight.

:eek:I mean this.:eek:

I've seen traffic jams even on the weekends. So another:eek:

We live 50 miles away from the World Cruise Center (the Port of LA in San Pedro) and we always try to be in our car by 9:30am. And for the times we've booked a two week cruise and used land transportation instead -- I always ask for a 10am pick up. I rather luck out and get there 11am (which would be a bit unbelievable and miraculous) and wait in that big waiting room after getting checked in and going thru security, then risk not getting there on time.

Yikes, I just booked a flight to LAX arriving by 11:15 but the airlines changed the arrival time to 11:45. Didn't realize this was cutting it close. Sailing time is 4PM. Do you think I should call them and have them rebook me on an earlier flight? I'm traveling from NY, so it's a long flight.

OMG, yes.

I was checking the OP's last few posts and saw the cruise is scheduled for January, which is normally right in the middle of our so-called rainy season. And hopefully anyone who can do a rain dance will be doing so this winter as we so desperately need rain.

A couple of cruises ago we took was during a very rainy season. A big group of passengers never made it on to the ship (and the captain even waited over four hours and gave up...with the rain coming down, if that plane finally did get in, odds are it would have been waiting a couple more hours). I would even ask anyone with a British accent if they were part of that group (I think it was a flight booked through Princess), and each one said they made their own arrangements and came to the states a few days early at the least -- not one just one day prior.

OMG' date=' yes.[/quote']

Thanks ever so much. I had to go up the chain with Delta but they were willing to change my flight to the day before as an even exchange. The first operator wanted to charge me over 200 dollars for rebooking. I got lucky reading this thread just as they changed my flight times. Can't thank you all enough!