Aloha Shirts

Thrak

My husband wears his tropical shirts almost all year here in the Central Valley of CA. We have warm weather from late Feb - November most years. Right now it's 9/14/14 and it will be 102 today!!

He has purchased his shirts from all over the South Pacific, and he has some beautiful regional designs. He buys them in neutral colors, lots of tan and black designs, or flowered ones with black or navy blue backgrounds.

He looks very nice in them, and much better than a tee shirt, IMO.

Edited by pcur

As we live in the Sonoran desert my DH wears his Aloha shirts year round. He loves Reyn Spooner's also. I try to get him one every year. Of course when we go to Hawaii he has a bit of a shopping spree instead of me for a change.

Speaking of shopping, my husband has found a HUGE selection at Walmart in Honolulu. They are actually really good quality. He bought 4 new ones there this past Spring.

I see nothing wrong with "aloha" or Hawaiian shirts and I often wear them around my community in Ruskin, FL. I almost always pack one or two on cruise vacations - although when we went on our Alaska cruise two years ago I left the Hawaiian shirts at home. The silk ones are very comfortable, and they tend to hang nicely to cover everything up.

Matthew.

Next Cruise: Holland America Zuiderdam - Panama Canal - Nov. 2014

Edited by falcon1961

Fiji:

We love picking up shirts there for gifts. DH is little bit more picky although he does have several from there.

I wish he would get more there, I think $100+ for an aloha shirt ( unless I'm buying it for me :D) is a bit much.

We love picking up shirts there for gifts. DH is little bit more picky although he does have several from there.

I wish he would get more there, I think $100+ for an aloha shirt ( unless I'm buying it for me :D) is a bit much.

My husband agrees with you. Now that he's seen what can be found, he won't pay more than $30 for a shirt, and the prints he finds outside the US are nicer, too!

I think Hawaiian shirts are a great way to:

1. Get a guy to wear some color

2. Let a guy know that an untucked shirt can be a good thing

3. Make a guy feel more like relaxing than working

My workaholic, drab color wearing DH has become a devotee of the Hawaiian shirt. He was pleased to receive his most recent one with cruise ships on it...

:D

Where did he get the shirt with the cruise ships on it?

My DH loves his aloha shirts, we live in MT and he wears his all the time. He does try to avoid the "loud" ones and does like the silk ones the best.

To him his aloha shirt and kakis are formal wear. ;)

I have a couple myself and aloha dresses, so comfy, just love them.

~ :) ~