Cheers 2nd Day, match play

Crusi3r_

One of the reasons the CHEERS program is not available on day 1 is because you are still at a US PORT so the 15% per drink tax is still activated. Each ship would be different as to when you are out of US waters, (ie New Orleans, TX vs FL ports) I believe this is why they also only start selling the packages on Day 2. They DO NOT retro the drinks purchased while in a US port as well as benefit from everyone rushing on board to grab their first drinks. You may actually benefit by purchasing a Bottle of liquor via the IN ROOM GIFT SHOP - SAIL AWAY beverage program which you can share among others in your cabin.

TEXAS

• Due to Texas State laws, CHEERS! will not be offered until the second day of the cruise for voyages departing from our Texas home ports. In this case, please know the daily rate will be based on the full cruise duration price but only charged from day 2 forward. Guests may purchase drinks in the usual manner.

The OP sailed from Miami and chose to purchase on day 2. They could just have easily bought it day 1 if they wanted to. Only sailings from Texas must wait until day 2.

Just back from the Dream today.

Cheers is available for purchase on embarkation day and the first sea day. If you purchase on the first sea day you pay for 6 days of Cheers at 37.50 per day and any drinks you bought on day one stay on your bill as is.

While docked in NOLA and while traveling down the river, tax is charged one each drink. Came out to around 80 cents or so a drink while docked and 35 cents while still in the river. This was based on the nine dollar drinks we were buying.

You can absolutely get match plays with Cheers - my husband got about 60 of them over the course of the cruise. Used them while playing blackjack and won enough money to cover the cost of Cheers. Win/win!

Sodas and non alcoholic frozen drinks do not count towards the 15 drinks, but they are rung up, and you have to wait 5 minutes b/t purchasing cocktails and non alcoholic drinks.

We hit 15 drinks on 6 of the 7 days. Got our money's worth and then some even before the match plays. It was great.

Just back from the Dream today.

Cheers is available for purchase on embarkation day and the first sea day. If you purchase on the first sea day you pay for 6 days of Cheers at 37.50 per day and any drinks you bought on day one stay on your bill as is.

While docked in NOLA and while traveling down the river, tax is charged one each drink. Came out to around 80 cents or so a drink while docked and 35 cents while still in the river. This was based on the nine dollar drinks we were buying.

You can absolutely get match plays with Cheers - my husband got about 60 of them over the course of the cruise. Used them while playing blackjack and won enough money to cover the cost of Cheers. Win/win!

Sodas and non alcoholic frozen drinks do not count towards the 15 drinks, but they are rung up, and you have to wait 5 minutes b/t purchasing cocktails and non alcoholic drinks.

We hit 15 drinks on 6 of the 7 days. Got our money's worth and then some even before the match plays. It was great.

Thanks for reporting back. I hope you had a great cruise.

I was wondering if they gave you a can of soda or was it just by the glass?

They don't - they charge you for it with a 25% discount. You can only order single glasses of wine with your 15 drinks.

Yes I saw where you get the discount but like with our meals we will purchase a bottle and then have maybe a glass one night and then our waiter will bring us back the bottle the next night to have more. So I am curious if they see the bottle purchased how it will go against our 15 drinks for the day. Oh we have already purchased a 5 bottle wine pkg. for our up coming cruise.:cool:

Yes I saw where you get the discount but like with our meals we will purchase a bottle and then have maybe a glass one night and then our waiter will bring us back the bottle the next night to have more. So I am curious if they see the bottle purchased how it will go against our 15 drinks for the day. Oh we have already purchased a 5 bottle wine pkg. for our up coming cruise.:cool:

I'm not sure what the confusion is - when you purchase the bottle, it doesn't count against your 15 drinks at all. You simply pay for it and get a 25% discount. Or you can choose to order by the glass and use your 15 drink allotment for each glass. If you purchase a whole bottle for dinner, you can't use your 15 drinks towards it, even if you just drink a glass at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

Why would you not just get wines by the glass since they would be essentially free instead of paying extra to split a bottle over a couple of nights? Just curious!

They don't - they charge you for it with a 25% discount. You can only order single glasses of wine with your 15 drinks.

Remember that any glass of wine priced over $10/glass will be charged full priced minus 25% off. That means if the glass of wine is $10.95, you will be charged for 75% of that total. We were told by the wait staff that we would be charged the difference of 95 cents, but later got our bill for almost $20. There you go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app