Food Preferences - what would you like to see improved????

skiiergirl

Agreed ..need better desserts....also what I enjoy better that carnival has is guys burger joint...great burgers and fries and it's free and I love Mongolian grill...on royal I've only seen it for dinner and it's only like once a week whereas carnival has it for lunch and dinner everyday.

in my oppinion the bread quality has improved on RCL, bringing it closer to european standards, fresh and crispy.

for breakfast in the MDR i would like to see a larger selection of fresh fruit, especially berries and fresh squeezed OJ included and not for$. further, they should offer real jam and mapple sirup and not those artificial jellies / corn sirup.

in my oppinion the bread quality has improved on RCL, bringing it closer to european standards, fresh and crispy.

for breakfast in the MDR i would like to see a larger selection of fresh fruit, especially berries and fresh squeezed OJ included and not for$. further, they should offer real jam and mapple sirup and not those artificial jellies / corn sirup.

I would definitely like more fresh fruit available at all times....in the WJ for breakfast, lunch and just for a mid day snack. In the evening it would be nice if either at Lattitudes their were fresh fruit cups or up in Sorrentos they had some, instead of just pizza.

I don't expect that they will stop offering fresh squeezed oranged juice for a fee and offer it for free.

• 2 months later...

Must have been hungry driving to work this morning....I started wishing for the Vidalia Onion Tart. I miss it! Something else I hadn't thought about in years but realized this morning that I miss....the variety of dressings. In the "Old days" they would bring a tray of dressings around each evening for you to choose. There were generally 3 different dressings and the variety changed nightly! One in particular that we always looked forward to was the "King and I". Anyone else remember it?

Edible desserts (this is across the board on all lines that I have sailed). Cruise ship chefs are :confused: about making a cheesecake!

I would like more "normal" food. They lines are always trying to make the meals "fancy" and it results in them being gross. I'd rather have a good quality nicely seasoned steak and mashed potatoes than a low quality steak attempting to masked with some nasty sauce and some other things just thrown in for good measure. And don't stack my food on top of each other.

Also, add baked potato soup. Yum!

I would like to see less exotic and take comfort food and prepare it well. Johnny Rockets type burgers in the WJ.

I would like to see a larger dinner salad. The 5 pieces of lettuce in my Caesar salad leaves me longing for more. (I know and I have ordered seconds)

Add a vote for better desserts and better biscuits and gravy.

I'd like a return to and "official" appetizer course and salad course rather than the current implication that it's one or the other.

Replace current, presumably rolled, oatmeal in the windjammer with a nice tub of steel cut oatmeal.

I'll jump on the bandwagon of improvements in some of the desserts - I love their Strawberry Pavlova but their Creme Brulee is pretty awful. The texture implies they either grossly overcook it or add an unnecessary thickener (cornstarch perhaps)

I'd like a return to and "official" appetizer course and salad course rather than the current implication that it's one or the other.

Replace current, presumably rolled, oatmeal in the windjammer with a nice tub of steel cut oatmeal.

I'll jump on the bandwagon of improvements in some of the desserts - I love their Strawberry Pavlova but their Creme Brulee is pretty awful. The texture implies they either grossly overcook it or add an unnecessary thickener (cornstarch perhaps)

I agree the implication is "one or the other". Showing our age here...but we remember when it used to be "appetizer then soup then salad then entrée then dessert". So that is still how we order it. (If they have items we are interested in eating.) If we have new cruisers with us we warn them the first night. They sometimes look at us like we have lost our mind. Then usually by the 3rd night they are doing the same. LOL

I'm a type II diabetic and I have to eat low carb. Carnival has a low carb menu, there is no reason RCI couldn't do the same. They won't even tell you the nutrition on their food. If they did that, at least I would know what to avoid.