Food Preferences - what would you like to see improved????

skiiergirl

I'm getting tired of posting this and writing this on the survey. Please go back to serving Lipton or Twinings tea. Stash and Bromley are also good options. First Tea that is now served on all RCI ships is awful. It's weak and has an odd flowery taste.

SO TRUE! I miss the herbal orange tea they used to have, and decent mint tea. First tea is the last tea I'd want to drink.

SO TRUE! I miss the herbal orange tea they used to have, and decent mint tea. First tea is the last tea I'd want to drink.

Not a tea drinker, but isn't it steeped at the table? Bring your own bags if it is so nasty. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Lobster Bisque Soup in the MDR.

Lobster Bisque has always been served on the first formal night on my 7 day cruises. (Along with my favorite -- Fillet of Beef).

As for desserts, lately I've been skipping MDR desserts and instead going to Cafe Promenade later -- better desserts than the MDR I think. Of course, not all RCI ships have Cafe Promenade.

Edited by Jimnbigd

I was almost impossible to get Eggs Benedict in the dining room on the 9/1/14 Vision cruise. They only had them 2 out of 10 mornings and would not let you special order them if they were not on the menu.:mad:

I don't like the pre-made Eggs Benedict, since I like my yolks runny in EB. (I also prefer smoked salmon EB to traditional). So what I've done is ordered the ingredients separately. English muffin, poached eggs, smoked salmon and a side of hollandaise. Made my own.

Lobster Bisque has always been served on the first formal night on my 7 day cruises. (Along with my favorite -- Fillet of Beef).

As for desserts, lately I've been skipping MDR desserts and instead going to Cafe Promenade later -- better desserts than the MDR I think. Of course, not all RCI ships have Cafe Promenade.

Did you read the title of this post?

I just want them to improve the recipe, last time was too watery, no lobster flavor, very disappointed.

You are right about desserts, it looks like the MDR don't want people to stay for Desserts, they didn't have Tiramisu, and for some weird reason they offer a different version of creme bule made with bananas that tasted bad, please bring back original flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, it was suppose to be when the new menus came out but usually in the Caribbean they are not available every night due to a "world shortage":rolleyes:

A "world shortage" - ha ha ha !!

Yet they offer them on one of the biggest cruise liners in the world - lol.

They should be pleading world shortage on Oasis and offering them on Enchantment :)

Apple pie please, or at least apple strudel. I couldn't get apple anything on the Freedom a few years ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just off Rhapsody - apple strudel in MDR once and windjammer several days - both with whipped cream. Had the "famous" key lime pie and would not again. Had several good cakes in Windjammer at lunch time - large round cakes - not fancy looking but very tasty.

1. Bring back the Vidalia Onion Tart

2. Bring back the Scallops Risotto

3. Hire a southern chef to make biscuits

4. Hire a pastry chef to make deserts.

5. Get rid of the salty water called lobster bisque

Edited by temple1

Add me to the list of people who think the desserts need major improvement. The windjammer desserts were basically the same every day and were either gelatinized or moussed. The items looked and tasted cheap.

The cream soups seem to have become more watery to me also. Cost cutting is obvious.

So much of the food could use a major overhaul. Just think, if they feed us now for $10-$11/day, what kink of difference could another $5 a day make?

Paul

The first cold fruit soup I ever had was on a cruise so they always says cruising to me, but on Royal, they say ick! I swear the peach soup is a can of peaches thrown in the blender. The others weren't much better.

The desserts need a lot of work. The bread pudding was really good. Other than that, blah. The kids' banana split is misnamed. That is a scoop of ice cream with Hershey's syrup and a couple of slices of banana.

And more options for green salads would be lovely. Even a standard garden salad on the everyday section of the menu would be great.

So much of the food could use a major overhaul. Just think, if they feed us now for $10-$11/day, what kink of difference could another $5 a day make?

Paul

A $3 per day increase is 30%, even that would make a huge difference and a $21 per passenger increase in the 7 day fare would barely be noticed.

A $3 per day increase is 30%, even that would make a huge difference and a $21 per passenger increase in the 7 day fare would barely be noticed.

Let's go for $50 per passenger over the course of a 7 night cruise.

It is not really that much and as long as it was spent on the dining budget for the cruise and not just "slush funded" into other areas the entire dining experience would be greatly improved. Everything from food quality to service could go up a level or two in all the venues.

As far as specialty restaurants I would hope any extra money spent on them would not just mean a slightly better cut of meat or a better staffed dining venue, but in fact make the evening special.

bosco

Can we have some Gourmet Burgers in the MDR?

The desserts really do need an overhaul. I get ice cream most nights now.

That was me until most recent cruise -- on the Kids Menu, there is a "brownie sundae" -- it's basically a brownie with a (smallish) scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Ask for a "double/double" one and they'll bring you 2 brownies with 2 scoops and it resembles an adult sized dessert. Brownies are soft, fresh and nut-free. Wish I knew about this YEARS ago !! Way better than the "adult" desserts !!