Food Preferences - what would you like to see improved????

skiiergirl

I don't get it :confused:

Increase the price of a cruise and use the money wisely.

I'd rather experience an upgrade in quality, a few extra smiling faces on the MDR's wait staff or another few inches between tables than the pink bear.

It's just me and I'm sure others will strongly voice a different opinion, but the bear does nothing for me.

bosco

bear.jpg.7cf6bac444624b56bf2db68b35d6c046.jpg

Increase the price of a cruise and use the money wisely.

I'd rather experience an upgrade in quality, a few extra smiling faces on the MDR's wait staff or another few inches between tables than the pink bear.

It's just me and I'm sure others will strongly voice a different opinion, but the bear does nothing for me.

bosco

Still not getting the "bear" reference.

Taco/Burrito Bar option every day at least until 6:00

Mongolian Wok

More no fee food options in general

We have only been on one RCI cruise so far(Serenade) and the next one is less than 3 weeks(Navigator).

Being from Texas my DH thinks he needs Tex-Mex almost every day. Oh and why can't we get a regular lime frozen margarita? The one I received from Rita's Cantina and the Schooner bar (in the same type of glass my DH got his beer in) was NOT a margarita...and $10.50...really?

DH actually asked me to cancel two cruises due to lack of food options. Maybe we missed something?

Better desserts.

The desserts don't interest me at all that are served right now. They might get me to stop asking the waiter to bring me, regular chocolate chip cookies (not sugar free) to have with my coffee IF they offered a cheesecake that was not sugar free. Good old fashioned, made with REAL cream cheese....with a graham cracker crust, and a little chocolate syrup on top (ok, no need for the chocolate syrup).

I may be asking for a lot.....oh by the way, it won't stop me from requesting the real chocolate chip cookies.

Apple pie please, or at least apple strudel. I couldn't get apple anything on the Freedom a few years ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of the MDR lunch menus (on sea days) has apple strudel on the dessert menu. We've tried it--it was dry (too many crumbs in the filling) and not very satisfying.

Just a few I'd like to see:

Free coffee that tastes like coffee

A return to the separate appetizer and salad courses - though I generally order one of each anyway, but more salad choices would be nice.

Bring back the Scallop Risotto

Get rid of the awful "BBB Creme Brulee" and make a real creme brulee

Wow! Some excellent suggestions. I agree with all of them. Here are a few more.

I would like to see some regional dishes from the region we are visiting. For example some Caribbean food in the Caribbean.

Also less shellfish. Shellfish allergy is the most common allergy.

Bring back the Sugar free Key Lime Pie. The stuff that replaced it isn't anywhere near as good.

The desserts don't interest me at all that are served right now. They might get me to stop asking the waiter to bring me, regular chocolate chip cookies (not sugar free) to have with my coffee IF they offered a cheesecake that was not sugar free. Good old fashioned, made with REAL cream cheese....with a graham cracker crust, and a little chocolate syrup on top (ok, no need for the chocolate syrup).

I may be asking for a lot.....oh by the way, it won't stop me from requesting the real chocolate chip cookies.

Room service has the good ones. Bring a zip lock and they last a day or two

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Count me as another who would LOVE to see the Vidalia onion tart back on the menu!! So many people are always asking for it... Did onions become some black market item that I wasn't aware of?? And I miss that sugar-free coconut cake like crazy too. :(

1st - Would absolutely LOVE Bread Pudding with warm vanilla sauce like on Holland America (this alone makes me cruise HA)

Every sea day, I am so there at Windjammer as soon as "snack time" begins, simply for the bread pudding with warm vanilla sauce!! Yuummmm.... Man, now I'm hungry, lol. :D

I will answer under the constraint that total food cost does not have to increase for Royal.

At lunch, I'd like to see casual options of good, simple food for lunch on older ships. WJ food isn't great and Cafe Promenade is really a snack joint. Have an outdoor grill serving up fresh burgers, hot dogs, and perhaps chicken sandwiches. I may get flamed for this, but Carnival has the burrito bar, the deli, and better pizza. It's a way to still serve tasty food without incurring high costs.

and WAY less use of salt. They need more vegetarian/vegan options, too and something other than tofu as a protein source.

I'd like to see some GOOD Peruvian, Cuban and El Salvadoran food in place of or in addition to all the Indian food. Also, fresh quacamole every day!

Edited by Bookish Angel

Because of the giant bear on Quantum. OP is saying they could take the money and improve the food instead of spending it on silly stuff.

pink-bear.jpg?w=680

I bet not as much as you might think.

Just RCI's current berths, there are just over 72,000 berths available every day. To be conservative, call it about 70k/day all year, which is 25.5 Million passenger berths/year.

Now I may be wrong, but I bet that costs less than $25M, which is just $1/day for just one year.

When the two fully come on line, RCI will have over 80,000 berths available per day. $1/day for each berth is a lot of money.

Although, I would be willing to add that to the cabin cost....

What I would like to see....

1) Definitely better coffee - it's gross.

2) Better shrimp cocktail in the MDR - the shrimp are small and tasteless.

3) Better caesar salad in the MDR - it's just blah.

4) Better desserts in general - there's only a couple that stand out for me, sticky bread pudding being one of them. Yummy!:D

5) Food service near the pool - Even if just simple things like burgers, hot dogs, pizza, tacos etc. Having to cover up and leave the area for food is a pain, especially when you're travelling with kids:(

Just my 2 cents.......

We went to the Brazilian Steakhouse on the Allure. We have been to several of them in the U.S. in different cities so we know what to expect. The Brazilian

restaurant on the ship didn't come close . They didn't have the 70 different selections on the salad bar which I looked forward to. My husband looked for the meat mainly. Neither one of us would waste our money on it again. It is pretty expensive to go to so will skip it in the future.

We had enough to eat with what is included in our cruise package. Funny I keep hearing people asking is it free to eat there. I guess it is free since you

don't have to dish out more money after you get on the ship. No one will starve on any ship that is for sure.

as it might lead to less food waste. If that "Chicken ______" dish has labeling that tells me that ginger, shrimp paste or fish sauce is included, it will get a pass from me and even the small test amount I take will not be wasted.

Also, fats and calorie counts, more gluten-free items and info about where food is sourced.

Edited by Bookish Angel

Park Café on all the ships, eggs benedict in WJ and the onion tart.
I was almost impossible to get Eggs Benedict in the dining room on the 9/1/14 Vision cruise. They only had them 2 out of 10 mornings and would not let you special order them if they were not on the menu.:mad: