RCI Liberty vs Princess Carrabbian Princess

rfs7306

Any thoughts ? I am considering these ships for a Nov cruise and can't make up my mind. Price is just about the same within a 100.00. If anyone can give me any info I would greatly appreciate it. I will be celebrating my 65th birthday but I am a young 65.

Any thoughts ? I am considering these ships for a Nov cruise and can't make up my mind. Price is just about the same within a 100.00. If anyone can give me any info I would greatly appreciate it. I will be celebrating my 65th birthday but I am a young 65.

Definitely Liberty

Liberty for me! Been on both. I like the promenade on Liberty with Sorrento's and Prom cafe, plus I like the windjammer hands down. Princess buffets are laid out badly- one way in, one way out, and one single line, unless to cut in and out in front of folks, which some folks do r like

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, you are on the RCI board so I would expect most of us are going to tell you Liberty. And the Princess people would tell you the opposite.

I have been on both ships (and also on Diamond Princess). I generally do not like the way Princess designs its public spaces. They always feel cramped to me. And things like the buffet end up feeling more crowded (and the layout of their buffet is kinda dumb). On Royal ships, especially a Freedom Class, you have lots of big spaces and I don't generally feel crowded. I've heard people say Princess food is better - I thought it was about the same. And I thought the Princess bartenders were pretty stingy and I am a good tipper. I think Royal offers more bang for the buck. IMHO.

Edited by MattInFLL

Been on both ships. Two things I did NOT like about Car. Princess....people can look down on you on your balcony...no privacy. Didn't like their cabin layout. Felt so cramped with no sitting area. I also didn't like the buffet area. Felt cramped as well. So I guess 3 things that stood out for me. Beautiful ships, but those things were too important for me. I love everything about Royal. So Liberty hands down for me.

I have also been on both ships and I recommend Liberty. What I did like about Caribbean Princess are the numerous, separated pools with adult pools at each end. However, every thing else was just kinda ordinary and the staterooms and some public areas looked very outdated.

Liberty is a lot more modern, staterooms are larger and more comfortable, and a lot more of the ship is impressive. Plus, there are no shows on Caribbean Princess that can compete with Saturday Night Fever and the ice show on Liberty.

Edited by Aquahound

Caribbean Princess also has more passengers per space ratio. They added another deck to this class w/o increasing the public space. I have been on other Princess ships that don't have this issue.

Go with Liberty so you don't feel that you are fighting the crowds.

Sue