Latest news on carnival vista

cruisingbluewaters

While true (we were in New York for the naming ceremony and sleepover and had to enter and exit on deck 0), what is your point?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Go back and read where someone said Vista could not come to NY because it couldn't handle large ships.

Go back and read where someone said Vista could not come to NY because it couldn't handle large ships.

I followed the thread, what does the Dream have to do with the Vista? The point overall is not relevant as the only stop she would make here is on her way over, not as a homeport, and if it is a visit it is not a big deal.

Edited by jimbo5544

I followed the thread, what does the Dream have to do with the Vista? The point overall is not relevant as the only stop she would make here is on her way over, not as a homeport, and if it is a visit it is not a big deal.

Ask pe4all. He brought it into the mix as a reason Vista couldn't port in NY, using Dream as an example.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44160484&postcount=30

But you don't know that the Vista would not have NY has a home port, do you?

The second was that the Vista was definitely not going anywhere outside the US for home port (which I feared) and the third was that the home port had been decided but not released and more information would come out possibly including renderings before the holidays.

the home port is definitely known by the CCL brass by now!

And hopefully, it is NYC :)

Ask pe4all. He brought it into the mix as a reason Vista couldn't port in NY, using Dream as an example.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44160484&postcount=30

But you don't know that the Vista would not have NY has a home port, do you?

I don't know anything. I asked some people who do know and was given a couple of ports that were "most likely" be the home port. New York was not in the two names. My point in questioning New York as a stop point is who knows that the reason that the Dream class could not use the gangways is even valid for a new class of ship?

My point in questioning New York as a stop point is who knows that the reason that the Dream class could not use the gangways is even valid for a new class of ship?

That was mine too, yet you didn't challenge THAT poster.

Very possibly, they do need time to make any changes to the pier.

Wonder why they are still not releasing much on the features of the ship.

Good question, my guess is they want all the hubbub regarding QOTS to settle down before they announce. They want the focus to be theirs.

That was mine too, yet you didn't challenge THAT poster.

I did not think I was challenging you, just trying to clarify what the logic was (for her being able to come or not come to New York).

Is the Vista going to be larger then NCL breakaway?

If not, Vista should fit

I doubt there is any question she would fit. Their was issues when the Dream came from the naming ceremony and the gangways did not line up, it had to do with the exterior side of the ship (there was some comments on San Juan as well where the fancy sin covers on the pier prevented the ship from getting close enough to the pier). It was fairly embarrassing for Carnival that they found out when she attempted to dock there.

I did not think I was challenging you, just trying to clarify what the logic was (for her being able to come or not come to New York).

HUH? All I've posted is reasons why there's no reason it can't come to NY. Some have posted there's never been a new build ported in NY, and I can remember at least 4.

Bringing a NEW ship to NY could possibly get the premium rates back that Carnival once commanded. Right now, I'm inundated with Splendor deals for $199.

I doubt there is any question she would fit. Their was issues when the Dream came from the naming ceremony and the gangways did not line up, it had to do with the exterior side of the ship (there was some comments on San Juan as well where the fancy sin covers on the pier prevented the ship from getting close enough to the pier). It was fairly embarrassing for Carnival that they found out when she attempted to dock there.

Well... thats definitely a design issue.

HUH? All I've posted is reasons why there's no reason it can't come to NY. Some have posted there's never been a new build ported in NY, and I can remember at least 4.

Bringing a NEW ship to NY could possibly get the premium rates back that Carnival once commanded. Right now, I'm inundated with Splendor deals for $199.

Again, I was not challenging you. There hash been much discounting of cruising from New York. Carnival will never commit a new build (their only new build for at least 4 years) to full time in the north east.

Again, I was not challenging you. There hash been much discounting of cruising from New York. Carnival will never commit a new build (their only new build for at least 4 years) to full time in the north east.

Why though? So many people leaving out of Florida are from the Northeast. Limited itinerary? Just wondering.

I think its the winters in NYC...

CCL has a hard time selling cabins in winter months at a decent margin.

somehow, NCL and RCCL gets through it.

Perhaps, bring Vista in NYC can change CCL luck?

Why though? So many people leaving out of Florida are from the Northeast. Limited itinerary? Just wondering.

Seasonal, you can make an argument. Winter ( or year round ) never. Think about it: where can they command the highest (or most stable) price on their biggest, newest, best ship in January.... New York or New Orleans or Galveston ? Limited itineraries is another focus. From New York and a lesser extent Baltimore they are confined to HMC, Bahamas, and Port Canaveral. They have begun experimenting with longer one ways but that is new and there is await and see attitude before more of the above.

I think its the winters in NYC...

CCL has a hard time selling cabins in winter months at a decent margin.

somehow, NCL and RCCL gets through it.

Perhaps, bring Vista in NYC can change CCL luck?

Carnival needs a destination ship to get through the winters. It sucks just waiting the first two and last 2 days and a half waiting for it to get warm outside all while watching Hasbro and Playbill, as well as bingo.

Hopefully, Vista will fill that bill.