Latest news on carnival vista

cruisingbluewaters

Carnival needs a destination ship to get through the winters. It sucks just waiting the first two and last 2 days and a half waiting for it to get warm outside all while watching Hasbro and Playbill, as well as bingo.

Hopefully, Vista will fill that bill.

Yea but all ships have to make the journey out of NYC and face the climate.

Thats why the newer ships have more indoor entertainment.

Yea but all ships have to make the journey out of NYC and face the climate.

Thats why the newer ships have more indoor entertainment.

And that is EXACTLY the point. I could walk around the inside of a RCCL ship for hours without having to go outside. I don't find I can do that on Carnival on their existing fleet.

Carnival needs a destination ship to get through the winters. It sucks just waiting the first two and last 2 days and a half waiting for it to get warm outside all while watching Hasbro and Playbill, as well as bingo.

Hopefully, Vista will fill that bill.

True, that is the down side of sailing from the Northeast during colder months. They tried to sail year round with the Splendor out of New York and it did not work. They will not put the newest gem there in the winter. Bet on it. Whether the entertainment changes, improves or stays the same (on the Vista or all their ships) we will see. There is a new (from the outside) head of entertainment VP brought in, let's give her a chance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

And that is EXACTLY the point. I could walk around the inside of a RCCL ship for hours without having to go outside. I don't find I can do that on Carnival on their existing fleet.

yes indeed.

So, Vista is the answer, since NCL has Breakaway right there and RCCL Quantum is heading to Bayonne, NJ.

True, that is the down side of sailing from the Northeast during colder months. They tried to sail year round with the Splendor out of New York and it did not work. They will not put the newest gem there in the winter. Bet on it. Whether the entertainment changes, improves or stays the same (on the Vista or all their ships) we will see. There is a new (from the outside) head of entertainment VP brought in, let's give her a chance.

We have taken Splendor in winter last January. Was dirt cheap but not lots to do inside.

CCL needs to to be able to compete with the other lines. Vista would be huge and yes they could charge more and people would pay.

Edited by limoguy1

Understood Jimbo. Drat! Lol

Oh well. I will just continue heading South. I'm personally fine with NOLA if that's where it ends up.

Alright so will Breeze stay in Miami you guys think? Carnival has too many ships going to the same places. Can't we get one up here that goes to Bermuda year round? Sunshine maybe.

I was on the Oasis in March, I don't remember all that much being inside except the shops (can't remember the name of the neighborhood) being inside. All of their rides were outside, aqua theater, bumper cars, ejection pods, sky diving ride, rock walls, flow rider. Some of the above are new on QOTS.

That was Carnival's mistake. I don't NEED a year round ship. I'm quite happy with a seasonal ship. It was CARNIVAL who mistakenly thought this was something North Easterners wanted. I seem to remember proclaiming we'd be dancing down 5th Ave, and even the day that was announced, all I saw was ridicule to the idea. And true to form, it didn't even last a year.

Those making that decision should have been made to walk down 5th Ave. NAKED.

We have taken Splendor in winter last January. Was dirt cheap but not lots to do inside.

CCL needs to to be able to compete with the other lines. Vista would be huge and yes they could charge more and people would pay.

We need to see what will be on the Vista, then we can discuss better.

That was Carnival's mistake. I don't NEED a year round ship. I'm quite happy with a seasonal ship. It was CARNIVAL who mistakenly thought this was something North Easterners wanted. I seem to remember proclaiming we'd be dancing down 5th Ave, and even the day that was announced, all I saw was ridicule to the idea. And true to form, it didn't even last a year.

Those making that decision should have been made to walk down 5th Ave. NAKED.

Not sure I would go see John do that.....

so you say CCL wont home port the new Vista in NYC but NCL does home port breakaway.

why is that?

Edited by limoguy1

so you say CCL wont home port the new Vista in NYC but NCL does home port breakaway.

why is that?

Because Carnival is unable to command the prices that NCL and RCI are able to. It's perception in the mind of the buyer. Whether that perception is valid or not is immaterial. Carnival still has a perception problem.

Because Carnival is unable to command the prices that NCL and RCI are able to. It's perception in the mind of the buyer. Whether that perception is valid or not is immaterial. Carnival still has a perception problem.

So, the newest most fancy CCL ship could not make them compete?

NCL uses the newest ship in the fleet!!

Vista is equal compitition I feel anyway

Believe me a new ship in NYC would be a head turner.

Edited by limoguy1

The problem is, Carnival is STILL trying to pass of the Sunshine as the newest ship in the fleet. The curtains been pulled back.

The problem is, Carnival is STILL trying to pass of the Sunshine as the newest ship in the fleet. The curtains been pulled back.

Well, Im saying CCL has to make a big splash with the new ship.

And it should be NYC.

There is a reason Breakaway and Quantum are there

why is that?

Lots of potential answers, heck I don't know.... Couple of comments though. NCL has 3 new builds and 4 more on the way. Carnival has one...... NCL. (And others) has some more varied points for stops (read that as the biggest draw in Bermuda) than Carnival does. Give kudos to both NCL and RCI they were in trouble with their mammoth builds and came out smelling like roses.

Believe me a new ship in NYC would be a head turner.

Who knows, on whether they can compete. The Vista is the only new build they have for a long time. It comes down to where they can get the best use out of her. I agree on your thoughts on head turning in NEW York.

Lots of potential answers, heck I don't know.... Couple of comments though. NCL has 3 new builds and 4 more on the way. Carnival has one...... NCL. (And others) has some more varied points for stops (read that as the biggest draw in Bermuda) than Carnival does. Give kudos to both NCL and RCI they were in trouble with their mammoth builds and came out smelling like roses.

Another issue I think is Carnival corp as a whole is spread thin with all the cruise lines they operate. SMH

That seems to be the turning point. Carnival passed on the monoliths, thinking they were going to be failures, and they've been anything but. And still command fares that give those passengers a quality cruise.

There's not much you can do in the dust with plummeting fares, causing quality to be scaled back more, each time when you think they can scale back no more.

Edited by TPFKAH