Room Service dishes or from elsewhere

EmmasNana

I don't want them in my room. I call room service and leave them in the hall. To the people saying it's a tripping hazard or that it makes it hard for wheelchairs: I think you're overreacting. Rarely do I travel the hall when I don't have to contend with a room service cart, or a vacuum, and I almost never find poor souls flat on their face after being taken out by these hazards. Nor do I ever have to rescue some forlorn individual who is wheelchair bound and hopelessly stranded.

It's just like a hotel. Put it in the hall and be done with it. Want to feed your own sense of awesomeness? Then by all means, let your dirty dishes sit in your room until your steward comes.

I don't want them in my room. I call room service and leave them in the hall. To the people saying it's a tripping hazard or that it makes it hard for wheelchairs: I think you're overreacting. Rarely do I travel the hall when I don't have to contend with a room service cart, or a vacuum, and I almost never find poor souls flat on their face after being taken out by these hazards. Nor do I ever have to rescue some forlorn individual who is wheelchair bound and hopelessly stranded.

It's just like a hotel. Put it in the hall and be done with it. Want to feed your own sense of awesomeness? Then by all means, let your dirty dishes sit in your room until your steward comes.

WOW...kinda harsh?

All True.

Some will complain about anything........

I actually DID trip over a room service tray left in the hallway. I was walking with a a rather large group of folks on a cabin crawl so I wasn't able to readily see down the length of the hallway (and I thought it would be rude to the people I was speaking with the walk with my eyes scanning the floor ahead of me for hazards).

A room service cart is considerably easier to see than a tray on the floor and I really don't think this can be compared to trays.

We ordered room service almost daily (even if it was just coffee and pastries) and even in our tiny interior cabin (which was shared by two women with lots of "stuff") we didn't find it an inconvenience at all to leave the tray and dishes in our cabin (typically we stacked things neatly and left the tray on the little table in front of the sofa). Our steward always picked up the tray when he cleaned our room... no problem.

Edited by kirian

If it is from room service, we call them back and ask them to take them away................

.............if they do not return, we place them neatly in the hall by our cabin door.

Our suite attendant usually took them away quickly and never had a problem.

Sea ya