Birthdays at Sea

AutumnSky

Could someone tell me where I find the option to put in a birthday in the personalize section, I can't seem to find it. Can it be added after booking.

Thanks

In the Cruise Personalizer click on Guest Check-in and scroll to the bottom. Yes, you can add it anytime.

it's about the size of a small soup can. It's rich chocolate and my wife can't eat chocolate so it was all I could manage myself.:)

Get the waiters to sing Happy Birthday, don't be shy. It's just a lot of fun.

Our waiters sang Happy Anniversary.

This post has a picture of the 'cake':

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=29902519&postcount=46

Usually we also get a 'note' from the Captain congratulating us on our birthday/anniversary/celebration. When we were on our honeymoon 15 years ago on the Grand Princess, it was actually signed by the Captain, but over the last few years we have noticed that it is now just a laser-printed signature.

ETA For children in the kids' programs, sometimes they get a bit of a production from the kids' staff.... depends on the staff though.

Edited by helenb

they really don't care when your birthday was. It could have occurred 6 months ago or could be coming up in 6 months time. You're the one selecting the occasion & the date. You could celebrate your cat having kittens if you wanted. :d:rolleyes:

lol!!!

I forgot to mention.....they put a sign on you cabin door "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Anniversary" and it's stuck there with double sided tape. They're printed on heavy plastic stock and if you have any intentions of saving it, take it down before the last day or the cabin steward will remove it to reuse on the next cruise. ;)

I forgot to mention.....they put a sign on you cabin door "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Anniversary" and it's stuck there with double sided tape. They're printed on heavy plastic stock and if you have any intentions of saving it, take it down before the last day or the cabin steward will remove it to reuse on the next cruise. ;)

I was curious about this during our trip.

As the cruise went on some of the "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Anniversary" signs were no longer on the doors, yet the balloons remained.

Occasionally I would see a cabin steward with one of the signs in their hand. I imagine some of the stewards were probably going to put some of the signs up or had removed some. I wondered if some of the stewards were removing signs after the event date went by or if the people celebrating were taking the signs down themselves. I wondered if they were for the celebrant to keep or if they were to be left to be reused on following cruises.

I was curious about this during our trip.

As the cruise went on some of the "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Anniversary" signs were no longer on the doors, yet the balloons remained.

Occasionally I would see a cabin steward with one of the signs in their hand. I imagine some of the stewards were probably going to put some of the signs up or had removed some. I wondered if some of the stewards were removing signs after the event date went by or if the people celebrating were taking the signs down themselves. I wondered if they were for the celebrant to keep or if they were to be left to be reused on following cruises.

There yours to keep if you take it down or they remove them on the last day to reuse. Most people wouldn't think to ask the steward for them back.

They reuse everything- even the birthday candle on your cake.

#1Nanna and pablo222, thanks for the pictures of the cake and door decoratiions!

I just remembered this little tidbit from last summer on our cruise to the British Isles. Our son's birthday came while we were on the cruise, and this would be the first time we'd ever missed being with him--he's a grown man with a wife and baby, but still. . . Anyway, I took a sign with us that said "Happy Birthday Adam!" and had a table mate at dinner take a picture of my husband and me holding the sign. My plan was to email the picture to him. Shortly after that, one of the waitstaff brought us a cake with a candle. I said, "Oh, it's not my birthday!". He said "I know, it's Adam's birthday." Then he asked for my phone and took a picture of us with the sign and the cake! Very sweet and considerate! So, apparently, you don't even have to be on the ship to get a birthday cake!

The cask I got was bigger. I took a piece and they took the rest (no one else wanted any) and brought it to my cabin. I had a small piece each day for the next week.. I stored it in the refrigerator on its plate and plastic cover and it kept well.

Good cake. :)

I've always found it's not a good as the other desserts offered that evening.

But on a cruise, you can have your cake and eat another dessert too!

BTW, I am SO entering my kids' birthdays on our upcoming cruise as they both have birthdays shortly before or during the cruise. They are in their 20's and will kill me when the waiters sing "Happy Birthday" to them. BWA-HA-HA!

[quote name='GradUT']But on a cruise, you can have your cake and eat another dessert too!

[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm not that fond of Princess's birthday cakes. Maybe it's just because there are other desserts that are so much better or just the way they make them.
Everybody else seems to like them though. [/FONT]

[quote name='GradUT']But on a cruise, you can have your cake and eat another dessert too!

BTW, I am SO entering my kids' birthdays on our upcoming cruise as they both have birthdays shortly before or during the cruise. They are in their 20's and will kill me when the waiters sing "Happy Birthday" to them. BWA-HA-HA![/QUOTE]

I think you should pack party hats!

Thanks for the info but I think I left it too late, my cruise is in 25 days and the occasions option is not there now. Oh well I guess I can tell them on board, it will be my 65th birthday less than 2 weeks after and this will be my present to myself and I am going solo.... Can't wait

[quote name='snowflakesb']Thanks for the info but I think I left it too late, my cruise is in 25 days and the occasions option is not there now. Oh well I guess I can tell them on board, it will be my 65th birthday less than 2 weeks after and this will be my present to myself and I am going solo.... Can't wait[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Let the Captains Circle host know once you on board & I'm sure they'll make arrangements. It only involves notifying you cabin steward as ti which day it is & giving you a card to present at the door when entering the DR. [/FONT]

[quote name='GradUT']Oh Pablo, you are evil! I like the way you think!:)[/QUOTE]

These should embarrass just about anyone:

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Beistle-Super-Tube-Noiseless-Blowouts-Assorted/dp/B000R4KUH2/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1411471983&sr=1-2&keywords=blow+outs[/url]