Birthdays at Sea

AutumnSky

If they don't put a sign and balloons on your door just mention it to your steward and it will get fixed. I put my wife's birthday info into the personalier but ended up having to mention it to the steward the second day. I mentioned it as we left for breakfast and, by the time we returned to our cabin after breakfast, the balloons and sign were there. My wife refused to get the cake at dinner because she didn't want the waiters to sing.

If your birthday is a couple of days after the cruise, can you still pick a day to celebrate it on the cruise? Mine is 3 days after the end of the cruise.

thanks

I was wondering the same thing. Mine is actually 4 weeks after the cruise, but I booked the cruise after receiving a mailer from Princess suggesting I celebrate my birthday with a cruise. Does that count? I remember at one time seeing guidelines somewhere, and I believe it said withing 30 days of your special occasion. I can't find it now, though.

I was wondering the same thing. Mine is actually 4 weeks after the cruise, but I booked the cruise after receiving a mailer from Princess suggesting I celebrate my birthday with a cruise. Does that count? I remember at one time seeing guidelines somewhere, and I believe it said withing 30 days of your special occasion. I can't find it now, though.

It really doesn't make any difference when your actual birthday occurs. They'll let you pick the day to celebrate it.

It really doesn't make any difference when your actual birthday occurs. They'll let you pick the day to celebrate it.

LOL! So does 5 months after my birthday count?? I'll be going on a cruise to mark a milestone birthday - the cruise is actually a birthday present to myself. I just won't be able to celebrate on my actual birthday date because of the timing of this itinerary. :D

The balloons can make it easier to find your cabin--unless there are tons of other cabins with balloons celebrating various things. We had balloons on our cabin for our anniversary last month, but I still almost stuck my cruise card into our neighbors' door. They also had balloons up and the anniversary sign on their door. Our cabin steward let me know I was at the wrong cabin before I got the card in.

With anniversaries, I don't see a problem celebrating whenever you want. But with birthdays, we only do it within 10 days. Mine is a week and a half before Christmas and DH's is eight days after. We've taken a lot of Christmas cruises and will celebrate my birthday the first night and his the last.

Edited by geoherb

Whatever we are celebrating, I mark that it's on the second day. That way we have balloons on our door the entirety of the cruse, starting the first morning you wake up there. You can do the cake any day also, just bring the card the night you want it.

Great idea! We are going two months before our 40th anniversary next summer as I start school before our actual date. So may use your suggestion - we had picked the sea day on the personalized but like this idea better.:)

Don't mind the waiters singing as we hear it often throughout the cruise at various tables. Nice if it's a table near you as you can join in and applaud afterwards.

The chocolate cake is ok if you eat it immediately.

Both Sally and i have our birthdays whilst we will be away Mar / Apr 2015 and my birthday will be my 50th.

I wonder if Princess will realise it will be my 50th which happens to coincide with Princess Cruises 50th year as a company.

Pete

LOL! So does 5 months after my birthday count?? I'll be going on a cruise to mark a milestone birthday - the cruise is actually a birthday present to myself. I just won't be able to celebrate on my actual birthday date because of the timing of this itinerary. :D

They really don't care when your birthday was. It could have occurred 6 months ago or could be coming up in 6 months time. You're the one selecting the occasion & the date. You could celebrate your cat having kittens if you wanted. :D:rolleyes:

Could someone tell me where I find the option to put in a birthday in the personalize section, I can't seem to find it. Can it be added after booking.

Thanks

Select your booking number, then under Guest Check-In at the bottom you'll see "Special Occasion".

You won't be able to add an occasion close to the sailing date. I'm not sure when they cut it off.

Edited by Lovetocruiseprincess

The cake isn't really a cake -- more of a double-wide cupcake
it's about the size of a small soup can. It's rich chocolate and my wife can't eat chocolate so it was all I could manage myself.:)

Get the waiters to sing Happy Birthday, don't be shy. It's just a lot of fun.

Our waiters sang Happy Anniversary.

Edited by cdnguy