Cunard Port in Los Angeles

janetcbl

It is my understanding that the Cunard Line ships depart from the Port of Los Angeles in Long Beach. CA. Can anyone give me information about where this is located, nearby hotels, transportation to the ship. etc? We will be flying into Long Beach (LGB), not LAX. Thanks!

It is my understanding that the Cunard Line ships depart from the Port of Los Angeles in Long Beach. CA. Can anyone give me information about where this is located, nearby hotels, transportation to the ship. etc? We will be flying into Long Beach (LGB), not LAX. Thanks!
Actually the cruise port in Los Angeles is in San Pedro not Long Beach. The address for the L.A. cruise port is 100 Swimford Street in San Pedro,CA 90731 and the berths the Cunard Ships dock at are Berths 91-93. If you interested in a hotel to stay at before your cruise and if you are interested in Ocean Liner history, You can stay overnight at the Queen Mary in Long Beach,CA which is the original Queen Mary Ocean Liner which is now a hotel/museum and conference center. The website is http://www.queenmary.com Regards,Jerry

You absolutely have to stay on the Queen Mary Hotel. And there will be others there that have arranged cab or vans to the QM2 in port.

If you stay on the ship, take the haunted ship tour. Eat in the restaurant Sir Winston's. Have cocktails in the Observation lounge and walk the promenade about the ship. Shop in the shops if you like. Explore the ship everywhere. I find it exciting and on my second stay had the best time as I think I had a visit from a ghost!!!! :eek:

It is worth every penny.

In 2013 the Cunard "hotel" wanted $680 a night with a shuttle to the ship. I found that the Ritz-Carlton in Marina Del Ray was only $280. Tell them it is your birthday or anniversary and they will have a nice plate of chocolate covered strawberries in your room at no extra charge. The cab ride to San Pedro is about 40 minutes. Overall savings versus the Cunard "plan" was $280.

What was the cab fare from The Ritz-Carlton to San Pedro and how long did it take? We're looking for a decent hotel for a couple of nights prior to a cruise and I like Marina del Ray.

Thank you

Forget how long does it take and let's go with cab fare and hotel suggestions, in fact any really good hotel in the vicinity of the port.

Thanks again.

Vic

In 2013 the Cunard "hotel" wanted $680 a night with a shuttle to the ship. I found that the Ritz-Carlton in Marina Del Ray was only $280. Tell them it is your birthday or anniversary and they will have a nice plate of chocolate covered strawberries in your room at no extra charge. The cab ride to San Pedro is about 40 minutes. Overall savings versus the Cunard "plan" was $280.

I am booked in the Queen Mary Hotel next April before sailing on QV and the price is $179 for a Deluxe King room. A $25 cab ride on top of that is no problem. :D

Forget how long does it take and let's go with cab fare and hotel suggestions, in fact any really good hotel in the vicinity of the port.

Thanks again.

Vic

Twice we have stayed at the Crown Plaza in San Pedro 310-519-8200. Very nice area and restaurants. I'm booked for Feb 2015 and is $160 including taxes! I don't remember if shuttle to ship is free, however, iif not, it is a small fee.