Upgrading cabin question

If i was to upgrade my cabin and pay more money would I lose the Obc I got for booking during a previous WOW sale?

I really don't like the cabin RCI put me in so would like to change to an OV balcony from a B1 but not uf I lose my Obc of $150

Bill

Bill, two people yesterday posted on CC that they upgraded and lost their OBC. Infuriating.

Ok, I just saw this. I did NOT read past your initial post.

Here is my opinion/advice.

Just got a phone call from my travel agent that RCI has booted us from our cabin 11329 because of construction for our cruise on November 29, 2014.

Instead of the last balcony cabin on the boardwalk on deck 11 we now have the first boardwalk balcony on deck 14, 14693.

There are no other B1's available for our sailing.

Of course they waited until final payment date has just past so we can't cancel and now have to just suck it up and move on.

Booked in January for this specific cabin. Not happy at all.

Oh yeah I know it is in the contract that they can do this but doesn't make it any easier to swallow.:mad:

Bill

In light of them doing this to you, call C&A (1-800-526-9723) and suggest to them that since THEY did this, YOU want to pay them money to upgrade to an OV balcony and THEY need to let you keep your OBC when you do so.

Good luck.

Guest maddycat
Ok, I just saw this. I did NOT read past your initial post.

Here is my opinion/advice.

In light of them doing this to you, call C&A (1-800-526-9723) and suggest to them that since THEY did this, YOU want to pay them money to upgrade to an OV balcony and THEY need to let you keep your OBC when you do so.

Good luck.

The only problem with your suggestion is that he booked with a TA so C&A probably won't talk to him. He'll have to work through his TA.

The correct answer is who knows. I upgraded and kept my OBC, but mine was from an onboard booking. Some people have kept OBC and others have lost theirs.

You are probably right.

I would hope theyd let me keep it since like Merion Mom said, they caused all this not me but I'm not holding out much hope as RCI seems pretty rigid with little to no flexibility

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

If i was to upgrade my cabin and pay more money would I lose the Obc I got for booking during a previous WOW sale?

I really don't like the cabin RCI put me in so would like to change to an OV balcony from a B1 but not uf I lose my Obc of $150

Bill

I think under the circumstances, they certainly should let you upgrade without losing anything you had attached to your original booking.

When I upgraded yesterday, I kept my OBC from booking on-board, and I also kept my entire Diamond Discount. Maybe I just got lucky, but I was very pleased.:)

Ok, so you need to hope that your TA is a "real" TA and not an "order taker" with a large online agency. S/He needs to go to bat for you, with the argument that I have given to you.

And the reports of problems have been with WOW bookings, which seem to have stricter rules about "changing ANYTHING". That's what Bill has.