Veendam 9/29/2014 Canceled

carolcp

I very much doubt she made the trip from Quebec to Phila on one propeller. Though the variable pitch function had failed which would limit manueuvering and astern capabilities as well as a full range of speed control, I'd bet that while in Quebec they were able to set the propeller in a fixed position to permit it's use on the trip.

I wonder that too...it wasn't clear here in Quebec exactly what they performed on the propeller. We know for sure they had to pump the oil from the casing of the propeller, removed the casing, did some sort of repair. We could see the oil floating on the water around the aft of the ship after she was moved to the other dock ( there was oil containment products on the water ).

It just wasn't clear if they re-assembled the whole thing before she left Quebec or if the propeller was in working order ( without the variable pitch ) or not...

Assuming that I expect it will be a very quick turnaround in dry dock unless HAL decides to take advantage of the dry docking to do some other work, which seems unlikely.

Veendam just had a recent dry dock in which rugs and furniture were replaced so I doubt they will do much of anything, although if the crew is onboard they could do some touch-up painting and deep cleaning I suppose.

BTW Veendam looked pristine and refreshed when we were on her in mid-August.

Edited by shrimp56