5 star mariner

solocanadian

Nice to see you posting here again! Betting you have a HAL cruise booked???

I do! :D I leave Friday on Statendam for a 30-day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise, then have the 14-day Alaska cruise, the same itinerary you just took, to look forward to in 2015.

Not hardly! :eek: I am not at 700 days yet (close), but received my silver medallion before the gold one.

You're confusing the silver medallion with the platinum one.

Don't think you looked closely at my post.

Original time posted was at 6:59 -- I made correction by 7:01.

You then posted at 7:04 -- in those 3 minutes you should have seen the correction.

Yes, certainly Ruth has the number of days correct for the Medallion Program.

The Star Mariner Program is:

Star Mariner after first completed HAL cruise or if you have sailed on a ship in Carnival Family of Ships (includes Costa, Seabourn, HAL, Carnival, Cunard and Princess .....)*

2 - Star Mariner after 30 Cruise Day Credits

3 - Star Mariner after 75 Cruise Day Credits

4 - Star Mariner after 200 Cruise Day Credits

5 - Star Mariner after 500 Cruise Day Credits

* Though you would be called a Mariner if you have sailed on ship in the Carnival Corp. Family, those days earned on other cruise lines do not accumulate toward days total on HAL. Only days sailed on HAL count for HAL Mariner Programs.

This is good to know! We have almost 200 days on Carnival and are taking our first HAL cruise this October. It is a 30 day Hawaii/ Tahiti so we should hit 4 star Mariner on our first cruise. Will the Pursers Desk be the place to confirm this or the corporate offices ?

700 actual sea days for Platinum medals.

We were fortunate to get to 700 days while HAL was still giving out the Platinum Lapel pins.

I am not sure how many actual sea days you need to get into the Presidents Club -- by invitation. But I know that we will never make it there.

President's Circle is 1400 sea days - do know a few who have achieved that. Ah - wishful thinking....

Do know the other mariner stars also take into account the on board spending but the medallions only count actual days at sea - correct??

This is good to know! We have almost 200 days on Carnival and are taking our first HAL cruise this October. It is a 30 day Hawaii/ Tahiti so we should hit 4 star Mariner on our first cruise. Will the Pursers Desk be the place to confirm this or the corporate offices ?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Carnival days have no bearing on HAL days so you will be a 1-star on your upcoming HAL cruise. This has been a huge argument for a long time and HAL just says 'they are looking into combining programs' as I would love to combine my points on other CCL cruise lines with my HAL points. You can check with Seattle for confirmation.

I still like hal but I'm more sick of their pricing and smoking policies. Depending on what you are looking for you might enjoy princess. They give solos 2 cruise credits per cruise. I'm an elite in a lot less days than the 200 days on hal.

I'm with you on their pricing and smoking. Perhaps Princess is worth a try. However their ships are so big.

Unless I am misunderstanding your post, you are mistaken and will not reach 200 days ( 4 Star Mariner) on that cruise. The days earned on Carnival will not be credited to your HAL Mariner Account. Any days sailed on any other cruise line associated with Carnival Corporation only count toward making you automatically a Mariner at entry level. You then will be credited with actual HAL cruise days sailed and bonus days for spending and/or being in a suite as described in the program.

And, yes....... you can confirm with Front Office what number of days you have credited to your account. Days earned on your upcoming cruise will not be posted until about a week or so after the end of the cruise. You can check at the HAL site to verify they are posted accurately..

Again, This is the Star Mariner Program:

Originally Posted by sail7seas View Post

Yes, certainly Ruth has the number of days correct for the Medallion Program.

The Star Mariner Program is:

Star Mariner after first completed HAL cruise or if you have sailed on a ship in Carnival Family of Ships (includes Costa, Seabourn, HAL, Carnival, Cunard and Princess .....)*

2 - Star Mariner after 30 Cruise Day Credits

3 - Star Mariner after 75 Cruise Day Credits

4 - Star Mariner after 200 Cruise Day Credits

5 - Star Mariner after 500 Cruise Day Credits

* Though you would be called a Mariner if you have sailed on ship in the Carnival Corp. Family, those days earned on other cruise lines do not accumulate toward days total on HAL. Only days sailed on HAL count for HAL Mariner Programs

Edited by sail7seas

President's Club requires a double platinum. 1400 actual sea days sailed, and an invitation.

Scott & Karen

When one reaches 1400 days how does HAL determine who is special enough to receive an invitation? I mean, it would be a letdown to reach that milestone and find out one isn't good enough wouldn't it?

When one reaches 1400 days how does HAL determine who is special enough to receive an invitation? I mean, it would be a letdown to reach that milestone and find out one isn't good enough wouldn't it?

One would guess that after someone has sailed the HAL ships for 1,400 days, they likely are known by many in the company. Perhaps they've always been complainers and hard to please? Or maybe they are the most delightful people ever.

Like any ''private club" admission is not guaranteed. When we joined a Yacht Club in our area, we had to interview, have letters of recommendation from 5 members blah blah blah.... we found the experience funny but probably would not had we been refused. :eek: :D

And, Yes, I agree with you it would be very hurtful and disappointing to reach that level and be denied being part of the group. I tend to doubt that happens very often but what do I know?

What is interesting is there has been more conversation about President's Club here on CC in the last some months than in the fourteen or so years I've been coming here and in the 20+ years I've been sailing HAL. It is rarely spoken about on the ships and most members are rather discreet and don't talk much about it. We know two couples we are in President's Club and though they have shared some information, for the most part we respected their privacy and never inquired much about it. I enjoyed these folks too much to want to make them possibly feel uncomfortable by asking many questions.

Edited by sail7seas

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Carnival days have no bearing on HAL days so you will be a 1-star on your upcoming HAL cruise. This has been a huge argument for a long time and HAL just says 'they are looking into combining programs' as I would love to combine my points on other CCL cruise lines with my HAL points. You can check with Seattle for confirmation.

So would I ...:)

President's Circle is 1400 sea days - do know a few who have achieved that. Ah - wishful thinking....

Do know the other mariner stars also take into account the on board spending but the medallions only count actual days at sea - correct??

Correct.

HAL having 2 programs is making it very hard for new people to understand what they get in each program and when.

I imagine that it would be a letdown to reach 1400 days and find out that you aren't good enough to get an invitation.

When DH and I got married, I already belonged to a country club but he still had to get 2 letters of references and they couldn't be from either my mother or me. And he still had to be interviewed. And I do know of people who were turned down to join.

The only person I know that has over 1400 is Mama Lu - and to be truthful, even though we have met her, I never asked if she was invited to join the Presidents Club.

President's Club seems to be just all about bragging rights. Dull.;)

I think there's a bit more to it than that. ;) Some really nice 'extras'.

And, as I mentioned, the folks that we know who are Presidents Club never have been braggarts. It wasn't even from them we learned they were members.

Edited by sail7seas

I think there's a bit more to it than that. ;) Some really nice 'extras'.

And, as I mentioned, the folks that we know who are Presidents Club never have been braggarts. It wasn't even from them we learned they were members.

Really??

You then posted at 7:04 -- in those 3 minutes you should have seen the correction.

I can read faster than I can type. :D

It doesn't so much matter who made the correction first, as that it was made at all.

Thanks for the Medallion lesson.

Sorry I LIKE Billy Joel. This dude gave no reason. I raised my middle finger & left and never went back. He knew I would dish him on CC.

He was on our Ryndam cruise two years ago. Interestingly enough, several people who had cruised with us the previous year on Maasdam were on this cruise...a complete surprise to us. We were all "piano bar addicts". The previous year on Maasdam we'd had Mark Farris who is fabulous...and enjoyed sing=alongs.

Not David Anthony. He basically refused to do sing alongs...just liked to entertain his way.

President's Club seems to be just all about bragging rights. Dull.;)

Am I the only other person who finds this all a bit silly :confused: Being honored to be in the "President's Club" if one attains over 1400 days :confused:

Let's face it...it's "all about the money". The only criteria for gaining that status. Spend $300,000 or $400,000 and you may be issued an invitation ?

As they say, there's a sucker born every minute. Sorry to be so cynical but this is one of the silliest things I've heard.

Am I the only other person who finds this all a bit silly :confused: Being honored to be in the "President's Club" if one attains over 1400 days :confused:

Let's face it...it's "all about the money". The only criteria for gaining that status. Spend $300,000 or $400,000 and you may be issued an invitation ?

As they say, there's a sucker born every minute. Sorry to be so cynical but this is one of the silliest things I've heard.

I tend to agree with you, Sheila. It is kind of silly when you really think about it.