Is door decorating done anymore?

2-laner

Just an FYI -- I had posted a similar question last week. One of the responses I got was that they don't like you to use the gel type of door decorations. Apparently it leaves some type of residue and dye on the doors and the cabin stewards have to spend considerable time trying to get it off. Same with any type of tape that you may use to put things on the door. Tape leaves a sticky residue.

To be respectful to the cabin stewards, I purchased the inexpensive vinyl window clings. I'm told they will stick to the door and won't leave anything on the door - and thus no residue on the door.

Several people mentioned that they use the 3M Command type of adhesive hangers.

I spent a whopping $1.00 at the Dollar Store for some really cute decorations for our door. I'll just throw them away at the end of our cruise since they were so cheap.

I'll leave a bottle of goo-gone behind for the cabin steward. A little dab on a rag takes off anything adhesive or sticky. I use it all the time to take stickers off the bottom of cups. I'll clean it off the day before we leave, the cabin steward doesn't have to bother with it.

Edited by elliair

I would love to see some pictures of the doors you all did.. I am thinking of doing this but I am just lost for ideas for our Mom and daughter freedom cruise next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's plenty of ideas if you google "cruise door decorations." Here's a link to 10 ways to decorate your cruise door.

http://kellystilwell.com/travel/decorate-cruise-cabin-door/

I'll leave a bottle of goo-gone behind for the cabin steward. A little dab on a rag takes off anything adhesive or sticky. I use it all the time to take stickers off the bottom of cups. I'll clean it off the day before we leave, the cabin steward doesn't have to bother with it.

good idea as I used Gel stickers last Christmas and it left color on door.

I have seen dry erase boards with an attached pen - originall intent to leave notes for family members. But there were some pretty funny notes left on them when we walked by one early morning! And some drawing not PG.

Maybe double sided magnetic tape vs. magnets - I have read of posts here of magnets sticking to people (aka they walk off)

Yes, I used magnets on our cabin door on the Dream our last cruise.

BTW thoroughly enjoyed your last review. Waiting for your next one.

Thank you so much. Our next cruise is in 61 days on the Dream and there will be another review for that cruise

I don't know how much longer we will be doing it. Some "you know what" stole my decorations the last night on the Liberty :>(

That stinks! It's important not to put anything of value on the door. The more personal, the less likely it will disappear. And avoid anything even slightly heavy as you will be repositioning it or picking it up off the floor every day. Sorry you got your stuff taken!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have done some sort of door decoration on every cruise. It is all part of the fun. The first one we just got little plastic sea animals from dollar tree and hot glued magnets to the back of them. On the last day we let the kids take a few of them to their new friends in camp carnival. We still have a few of those and of course some walked away too. But they were cheap enough I wasn't bothered by it. On our last cruise we had bought a net decoration at dollar tree and a craft that made a fish out of tissue paper and also brought some blue tissue paper with us and had painted a sign out of card board that said a day at the beach is never wasted all these things were on our door and so far it has been my favorite. That cruise we also had a contest and we had won a prize from the contest. It was a lot of fun! I haven't decided what we are doing for our next cruise though.

I purchased a package of eight small magnets from Home Depot for about $3.00. I originally intended to just put the magnets on top of the decorations and hope they would hold. My kids are adults and it has been years since I did anything "crafty", so I just now figured out that I should glue the magnets to the backs of the decorations. I used a glue gun; it took just a few minutes and they are holding just fine on my refrigerator :D

Edited by ZoeyVictoria