Specialty Dining Charges

fiftyguy

It makes a lot of sense to buy on a 7 night cruise. Plus this perk below!

• Beginning with Norwegian Getaway's 4/19/14 sailing - Guests who have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package can reserve the embarkation day performance of The Illusionarium at no additional cost.
  • Beginning with Norwegian Breakaway's 4/20/14 sailing – Guests who have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package can reserve the embarkation day performance of Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy at no additional cost.
  • Beginning with Norwegian Epic's 5/8/14 sailing – Guests who have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package can reserve the embarkation day performance of Cirque Dreams at no additional cost.

Prices as of 10/08/14

Cagney's- $30

La Cucina-$15

Le Bistro-$20

Teppanyaki-$25

Moderno-$20

Shanghai's-$15

Hope this helps!

Definitely buy the dining package. Last time I didn't because I thought we'd eat in the MDR at least a few times and we wound up going to specialty restaurants every night anyway. The package would have saved us a little money had I just gone ahead and bought it.

If you are traveling with two adults and one child do you need to buy 3 UDP's or can you buy 2 and then pay for the child fee when they eat? My son will probably only order an adult meal at Teppanyaki and Cagney's. Otherwise he opts for the kids menu. Anyone know how that works? I am seriously considering the UDP after eating all but one meal in the specialty restaurants last cruise.

If you are traveling with two adults and one child do you need to buy 3 UDP's or can you buy 2 and then pay for the child fee when they eat? My son will probably only order an adult meal at Teppanyaki and Cagney's. Otherwise he opts for the kids menu. Anyone know how that works? I am seriously considering the UDP after eating all but one meal in the specialty restaurants last cruise.

There is no UDP for children. We had it for the 2 adults and our daughter (age 7) ordered from the specialty menu as well and they never charged us for her. I don't know why.

We ate in the specialty restaurants every night. It was worth every penny.

It makes a lot of sense to buy on a 7 night cruise. Plus this perk below!

• Beginning with Norwegian Getaway's 4/19/14 sailing - Guests who have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package can reserve the embarkation day performance of The Illusionarium at no additional cost.
  • Beginning with Norwegian Breakaway's 4/20/14 sailing – Guests who have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package can reserve the embarkation day performance of Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy at no additional cost.
  • Beginning with Norwegian Epic's 5/8/14 sailing – Guests who have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package can reserve the embarkation day performance of Cirque Dreams at no additional cost.

Prices as of 10/08/14

Cagney's- $30

La Cucina-$15

Le Bistro-$20

Teppanyaki-$25

Moderno-$20

Shanghai's-$15

Hope this helps!

Shanghai Noodle Bar is a la carte. Its fabulous! The spring rolls were unbelievable.

We are just off the Dawn 7-night to Bermuda and I believe the UDP was being offered for $119 pp. We considered it but opted against it - we ate at specialties 4 nights - including Cagney's twice, Teppanyaki and La Cucina. $100 pp total. We agreed that had we wanted Cagney's a 3rd time, that would have made the UDP worth it.

FYI - if you purchase the UDP and are Platinum they will deduct 20pp from the price in consideration for the free dinner at La Bistro that you would have received.

So for our 10 day Europe cruise it was originally 164 and went down to 144 per person

Just off the Jewel 16 day Panama Canal cruise with the UDP. Great time, ate things we would never have tried if we were paying individually such as Mongolian Hot Pot in Chin Chin, fish in Le Bistro and Cagney, tried things I had wanted to try for some time like fish stew, and my wife tried Bison. Great value.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk