Paid in full-now shows balance Due

I'm booked for Nov 17th on Enchantment of the Seas-first time on Royal Caribbean. I booked and paid in full on Sep 3, 2014. I logged in to view my itinerary and it now shows I owe $120-the bogo half off deal is removed. The only thing I can think of is I had $100 on board credit thru the royal caribbean visa card applied to the cruise for on board credit-would that effect it-i thought I read all terms and conditions carefully? I sent an email asking them and they replied-no explanation-just a statement showing I owe $120-nice of them. I tried calling a couple times and lines were busy (I'm at work and couldn't hold too long). I'll call the number again tonight but any ideas? I'm getting a bad feeling on this.

That has happened to me 3 times on the same reservation…..and I'm not at final payment yet!! They keep refunding a portion of my deposit!!!!

Each time that I call to resolve it they have to work on it for quite a period of time. They said they are aware that their system is malfunctioning.

You've reported the problem. If you have a copy of a statement with a zero balance, hang on to it. I wouldn't put any more effort into resolving their problems.

They need to work it out on their end, and stop tying up customer's time with their constant IT issues.

Just call them when you get off work. Make sure to mention the exact sale. I have had to do it a few times and only once was it harder to get them to fix. They usually ask if you want them to send you another invoice but just in case they don't ask for one and print it out.

RCI has no incentive to fix this problem until forced by legal means. As its a known fact in the business world that if you without reason just change a price, increase it, and bill it, that roughly 25% of customers will pay it without question. To RCI this means millions of dollars straight to the bottom line!

So why fix it!

Edited by Peterbilt Driver

My Mom and I are going on the Liberty next month, and when we went to complete our online check-in this past weekend, we noticed that although we paid in full, there was a $60 balance due. We called C&A, and after the customer service representative climbed a few rungs up the ladder, she came back to tell us that no one had any idea where that $60 came from, and it was immediately removed from our account. I hope you get your discrepancy resolved as well!

Derek

They will tell you its because you accessed your reservation online through My Cruises. They will then tell you to only access your reservation online by going through Before You Board and then Countdown to Cruise.

Once they correct it, ask them to email you a updated booking invoice showing the 0.00 balance.

They will tell you its because you accessed your reservation online through My Cruises. They will then tell you to only access your reservation online by going through Before You Board and then Countdown to Cruise.

Once they correct it, ask them to email you a updated booking invoice showing the 0.00 balance.

For me its the other way around! if I check through My cruises it shows correct, if checked through countdown to cruise it shows a higher balance due:confused:

With all the reading of balances owed, I had our TA check our booking for next Oct and we are fine, even though I have gone in many times to check prices. I am confused as to why those who booked directly with RCCL are having such problems. It is something they definately need to correct and fast.

Same thing happened to our reservation today, for our 11/30 sailing on Independence. I made a quick call and they took it right off. Didn't say why it was there but I'm guessing just some sort of glitch.

Hope yours gets straightened out quickly as well, and have a great cruise! The Enchantment was the last ship we were on and we found her to be quite charming :)

• 3 months later...

Crazy balances due are happening again (or maybe never stopped). I've read of other folks IT/payment issues but so far, it hadn't happened to me...until today. I went online today to make the final payment on my 5/2 cruise. I was shocked to see that my balance due had jumped by $2300! Looked at details and found that the residency discounts were gone :eek: I'm on the phone with them now...20 minutes in. Agent said "for some reason it re-priced and also dropped your $300 OBC". The agent had to go to a supervisor.

She came back on the line and said "it's re-priced but if you try to make a payment online again, it may re-price again". Huh? When I told her I wanted to pay by phone then, and be emailed a zero balance due Booking Confirmation she explained that even with that, I won't see the residency discount but rather "adjusted cruise fare". She also noticed the supervisor still didn't put the OBC back on so I'm on hold again.

Wish me luck!

Fully resolved with a fabulous agent named Teresa. She emailed new booking confirmation showing zero balance due. She also offered this advice:

If you need to go back into your booking DON'T access through My Cruises. Instead, go to the Before You Board tab for dining, excursions, shows, and online check in. She said it's a known issue that crops up randomly. It's good to know there's a work-around but would be better if they just fixed the root cause..

Fully resolved with a fabulous agent named Teresa. She emailed new booking confirmation showing zero balance due. She also offered this advice:

If you need to go back into your booking DON'T access through My Cruises. Instead, go to the Before You Board tab for dining, excursions, shows, and online check in. She said it's a known issue that crops up randomly. It's good to know there's a work-around but would be better if they just fixed the root cause..

It looks like they at least recognize they have a problem with re-pricing. This notice showed up the last time I went in to My Cruises to check a reservation:

"Please note: Cruise or Cruisetour reservations with Onboard Credit(s) can only be modified by calling 866-562-7625. You can, however, complete your Online Check-in and make reservations using our Cruise Planner."

Fortunately, I didn't need to change anything:eek:

What screen can I see the amount due

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On your my cruises account select a cruise. Click on the tab "view my cruise". You will be on the "overview tab" that shows payment due in top left corner. For more detailed information click on the tab that says "payments"

On your my cruises account select a cruise. Click on the tab "view my cruise". You will be on the "overview tab" that shows payment due in top left corner. For more detailed information click on the tab that says "payments"

And going to that very page is what caused my cruise to mysteriously re-price. I'd used that path and that page many times on every cruise I've booked and never had a problem until yesterday. I think I'll be a phone payment cruiser going forward and will use the "Before You Board" tab for any pre-cruise excursion/dining and for online check in.

Except that your balance due could change-