Canyon Ranch Spa.....never again!!

cruisefar

Just received a response to the email to canyon ranch. She offered me a full refund except the $20 cash! Way more than I asked for!! Good to know if you have an issue with your experience they will resolve the issue!! Ok..I will give them another chance!!

I am glad to hear that you got your refund. Hopefully you will have a better experience this time. Not everyone can be perfect every time, but Canyon Ranch is damn near close. I know you will enjoy this trip.

Safe cruising.:)

That is so overpriced! I get a shellac mani, hand and arm massage and a pedi with a hot stone massage for $50 plus a tip. When I sailed Solstice 2 years ago the gel they make you use everytime you come near food ruined my shellac mani so I went to the spa to book just the Shellac mani. I was kept waiting 45 min beyond my appt and then the tec tells me she does not have time to do it cuz she has another appt! I was not happy at all, they offered me to come back the next day with a free hand and neck massage. Forget it, I'm not sitting in a spa wasting my vacation time.

Ship spas are nice but the prices are terrible.

I had two cruises (Reflection and Connie) with positive Canyon Ranch experiences...two services each cruise...a basic massage and facial....

Having experience with Steiner over the yrs, I bring the written spa menu with prices when I book, always book for port day discount and go early or late...and confirm whether the price applies for the full port day or only when ship us actually in port..I have them write it all down and initial it.

services have been good to excellent...and counter staff helpful as well.

...they also have limited clothing and jewely, sunvisors etc...pricey but nice

although I prefer other spa products to Canyon Ranch, I look forward to my spa time....and no upsells from staff

sorry OP had such a terrible sticker shock....to avoid same , get it in writing and ask questions...

That is so overpriced! I get a shellac mani, hand and arm massage and a pedi with a hot stone massage for $50 plus a tip. When I sailed Solstice 2 years ago the gel they make you use everytime you come near food ruined my shellac mani so I went to the spa to book just the Shellac mani. I was kept waiting 45 min beyond my appt and then the tec tells me she does not have time to do it cuz she has another appt! I was not happy at all, they offered me to come back the next day with a free hand and neck massage. Forget it, I'm not sitting in a spa wasting my vacation time.

Ship spas are nice but the prices are terrible.

All that for $50! Wow! I want to go where you go!

For $50, all I get is a pedi.

On the ship, I find many are tranfers from Steiners. Some are better than others.

Edited by Can'tstopcruising

All that for $50! Wow! I want to go where you go!

For $50' date=' all I get is a pedi.

On the ship, I find many are tranfers from Steiners. Some are better than others.[/quote']

Lincoln, Nebraska there are so many nail salons here competition is fierce!

The only thing I do treat myself to on a cruise is a hot stone massage. I will only do this on a port day to make the price within reason. First thing I say is to kindly not try to sell me anything. Dirty look, but no annoying sales pitch. The fee is about $35 more than it would be in Los Angeles area, but I only do this when onboard a ship-- my one vice besides eating.

I used to get a facial as well, but my gal at home does a great job for about half the price of a mediocre one when I am on a ship. So I don't do that any more. Same thing re mani/pedi.

For Bermuda sailing, I will be back on ship around lunch time. So a few hours before formal night, a hot stone massage for me is just heaven....

Thread may be older, but for those of use that haven't been around a long time and are using the "search" trying to find something specific it would probably have come up on the list of threads you could click on....:confused:

Someone posted the price list here, and I made a comment about some of the prices. There is a price list available at the front desk, the lesson is to read it and point to what you want. I thought the shampoo and blowout prices were also very high, higher than NYC prices......and since there is discretion as far as short, medium and long hair, I would caution anyone getting a blow out to get the price quoted before the service has started.

The spa prices are posted on the Celebrity web site. I looked at them yesterday. When on The Connie in Feb. I picked up a price list in the spa.

I mentioned the NYC prices to Guest Relations and subsequently got 2 calls from spa manager. I can get 2 massages at my local salon for less than they charge for 1.