Headliner Show on Oasis????

dz9yvr

RCL has recently opened up dining and entertainment reservations for the Jan 3 cruise. As I was making entertainment reservations I noticed there wasn't any option for a Headliner Show. Is the Headliner Show another victim of budget cuts? Has anyone else seen this for 2015 cruises?

RCL has recently opened up dining and entertainment reservations for the Jan 3 cruise. As I was making entertainment reservations I noticed there wasn't any option for a Headliner Show. Is the Headliner Show another victim of budget cuts? Has anyone else seen this for 2015 cruises?

Perhaps they have determined that, in many instances at least, reservations aren't really needed to control the crowds for headliner shows on Oasis. Of course the absence might just be a typical IT screwup.:rolleyes:

Previously the only shows that could be reserved were Hairspray (now Cats), Come Fly With Me, Oasis of Dreams, and the ice skating show. The Headliner Showtime shows did not require reservations. Just show up!

Edited by Tyler80

Previously the only shows that could be booked were Hairspray (now Cats), Come Fly With Me, Oasis of Dreams, and the ice skating show. The Headliner Showtime shows you just showed up for.

Maybe Oasis was different, but we booked the Headliner show on Allure.

Agreed. We have sailed the Allure much more frequently than the Oasis and we always have made reservations for the Headliner Show. I thought Oasis followed the same pattern.

I´ve booked headliner Shows before as well, but as it´s still some time for the OP, they might not know the headliners yet. Having said that I had to make reservations for headliner Shows before without knowing who it would be, which was strange and ended up in having reservations for the same Shows multiple times:rolleyes:

Maybe they just realized this is just BS and yes those Shows are rarely overrun, so not taking reservations would make sense.

When the Oasis gets Cats it will be the full length show. They likely cut the Headliner to accommodate the longer show time and make up for the added costs. The Quantum class no longer has a show for each night because the play is the length of 3 shows.

When the Oasis gets Cats it will be the full length show. They likely cut the Headliner to accommodate the longer show time and make up for the added costs. The Quantum class no longer has a show for each night because the play is the length of 3 shows.

Another reason to avoid Cats.:rolleyes:;)

Is there a list somewhere of who the Headliners are for the different ships for Nov/Dec?

No list. You can request the entertainment for a cruise by sending an email to [noparse]web_reservations@rccl.com.[/noparse]

Edited by clarea

Just because Cats if a full length musical that has nothing to do with costs. It's still one cast that performs 2 separate show, just now one of them is longer. No more additional salary to pay. It is either most likely not loaded or no longer needs reservations.

I sailed Oasis in 2012, so things have obviously changed if everyone else is booking Headliners now too. The "Showtimes At A Glance" pdf offered on Royal's website doesn't give times for Headliners, nor does it say who the headliner is.

Edited by Tyler80

We are on the Oasis, 3 weeks after you, and I was just able to book , Cats, the Ice Show, the Ariel show, and the Comedy show. Our reservations opened about 2 weeks ago.

I wonder if it is a quirk with your sailing.

We are on the Oasis, 3 weeks after you, and I was just able to book , Cats, the Ice Show, the Ariel show, and the Comedy show. Our reservations opened about 2 weeks ago.

I wonder if it is a quirk with your sailing.

Yes, I can book those shows, my question is why can't I book the Headliner Show just as I have done in the past.

FYI, I have also booked MTD times for each night.

Yes, I can book those shows, my question is why can't I book the Headliner Show just as I have done in the past.

FYI, I have also booked MTD times for each night.

I'd try calling. Could be a programming issue they are not aware of.

How long is "full length"? I have a hard enough time sitting through Hairspray and Chicago.

Edited by Ocean Boy