Tropical storm Gonzalo

marnie2005

I know that no one knows for sure, however, is this a possibility?

When we did the Breakaway last year they took two days to get to Bermuda and then one day back to NYC, the Dawn has one at sea day from Boston to Bermuda, if they took two at sea days then we would get to Bermuda on Monday, "after" the storm

I know that no one knows for sure, however, is this a possibility?

When we did the Breakaway last year they took two days to get to Bermuda and then one day back to NYC, the Dawn has one at sea day from Boston to Bermuda, if they took two at sea days then we would get to Bermuda on Monday, "after" the storm

Last weekend the TS Fay passed near Bermuda around 3am on the night of Saturday to Sunday.

The Dawn was able to dock about 14 hours later when the winds calmed...

Now the Hurricane Gonzalo is "scheduled" to pass over Bermuda around midnight Friday...leaving around 36 hours before your schedule docking time.

Even IF the Hurricane stays on this course, you SHOULD be able to go to Bermuda. But who knows what the Island will look like :eek::(

I am sailing just after you...

I hope everyone will be safe on the Island...

Last weekend the TS Fay passed near Bermuda around 3am on the night of Saturday to Sunday.

The Dawn was able to dock about 14 hours later when the winds calmed...

Now the Hurricane Gonzalo is "scheduled" to pass over Bermuda around midnight Friday...leaving around 36 hours before your schedule docking time.

JW, where do you see the "scheduled" time midnight Friday? the models above show 2pm saturday

My prayers are with the people on those islands. We sail on October 25 and while it would be a slight inconvenience if we had to visit other islands, that is nothing compared to the devastation those people might be facing. I am praying for a weakened Gonzalo. I love visiting their home but I definitely wouldn't want to make my home there. They are sitting ducks anytime a hurricane comes their way.

This has me nervous! We will also be on the Dawn this coming Friday to (hopefully) Bermuda. This will be our honeymoon so I really hope we can get to someplace warm! No matter what we will have a great time tho. Won't let it ruin our honeymoon!... Thank God for the UBP :D:D:D

Don't worry, I am fairly certain you can find something to occupy your time while on honeymoon! ;)

Don't worry, I am fairly certain you can find something to occupy your time while on honeymoon!

LOL yeah I think I can figure out a few things to do!

Honeymoon, UBP and 7 days at seas....

Good combination, right? HAHA :D:D

Please not Florida, please not Florida, please not Florida. I thought that diverted Bermuda cruises went north and I didn't know south was a possibility. I don't have it in the budget for one day tickets to Disney and I really just want to be exploring a place that's not Florida. We will have a wonderful time no matter what, but please not Florida. ;)

Well if you cannot buy Disney tickets, you can go to Wal-mart for the "Wallie World people" show. :)

We usually sail the Breakaway and do the Florida route. Jetty Park is a nice quiet beach. The $5.00 drinks on Cocoa Beach during happy hour is nice I have heard.

We have not done a hurricane cruise yet so this could be a bit of an adventure.

Watching the weather for next weekend...see some of you on Friday.

If the Bermuda cruise gets diverted to Florida/Bahamas the water will still be rough. I was diverted in August and the water was rough going down and the beaches had rough waters. Be careful at the beaches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Packing for Bermuda! If diverted because of Gonzola, praying for Bahamas/Florida! Not packing for "cold climate"....3 more sleeps!

Me too!! I have already packed most of my clothes...Praying for Bermuda....I think we will miss the storm, but wondering how hard Bermuda will be hit!! :eek:

Please not Florida, please not Florida, please not Florida. I thought that diverted Bermuda cruises went north and I didn't know south was a possibility. I don't have it in the budget for one day tickets to Disney and I really just want to be exploring a place that's not Florida. We will have a wonderful time no matter what, but please not Florida. ;)

Pack a warm jacket, because Canada might be the destination.

This will be my 33rd trip to BDA. I've been going since 1976. 30 by air & 2 by sea. I've sat through 3 hurricanes, (and parties) over the years. If the island gets hit with a big one a cat 2 or higher it could be a whole new game. Don't expect many services right away. They need to take care of their island first, and rightfully so. If you rent a scooter you may have trouble getting gas. Public transportation, Buses & Ferries, and roads maybe limited. They will close the causeway to St. Georges. Bars will be open. but the beaches may be Red Flagged. I love the Island and have friends their too. I'm still hoping that the Port stays open, the sky is blue and pink sand. Let's all hope for a BIG right hook.

Wouldn't south be the destination as Gonzola is heading to Nova Scotia Canada later in the week? Hoping for the south!!

Yes, it's expected on Sunday...

So I guess the south would be the escape route...IF an escape route is needed.

If the Island is hit at the expected time of 12pm Friday, then the Dawn might go to Bermuda...unless the Dockyard is damaged...

Edited by sebas030

Gonzalo is now over open water and is no longer a threat for the Caribbean :D

The latest forecast confirms the path of Gonzalo for a straight hit on Bermuda around noon on Friday.

The Hurricane will be classified as a MAJOR Hurricane, meaning sustained winds of ABOVE 110 mph...

Bermuda is going to suffer from this one...:(

<a href=Gonzalo3_zps28bfc594.jpg' alt='Gonzalo3_

Sebas030,

thank you very much for the continued updates! I'll be on the Dawn Friday (hopefully) heading to Bermuda. Your posts are helpful! At this point, it looks like the hurricane will be over and done with the day we are supposed to dock (Sunday) but would the ship still go there if Bermuda suffered major damage? I know theres likely not a definite answer, but what do you all think? If Bermuda gets hit bad, would the Bahamas be a more likely destination? Also, let's all keep the people of Bermuda in our prayers!

Sebas030,

thank you very much for the continued updates! I'll be on the Dawn Friday (hopefully) heading to Bermuda. Your posts are helpful! At this point, it looks like the hurricane will be over and done with the day we are supposed to dock (Sunday) but would the ship still go there if Bermuda suffered major damage? I know theres likely not a definite answer, but what do you all think? If Bermuda gets hit bad, would the Bahamas be a more likely destination? Also, let's all keep the people of Bermuda in our prayers!

If the dock is open and the ship is able to dock safely, I really think you will go to Bermuda.

Keeping in mind the ship is self sufficient, the fuel cost much greater to sail to Florida/Bahamas, etc..., I think they will still call on Bermuda.

thanks for the continued updates on this thread. it is so much easier than trying to research facts on the internet. I keep checking the RCCL site also as the Explorer is to arrive in Bermuda on Monday

hopefully we can get to Bermuda and the weather will be nice, I am already looking at options if we get rerouted south!

Thinking of all the Bermuda residents and hoping they do ok.