supper club

mothergoose3

I have paid $25.00 on the Valor and Spirit for the Supper Club and was told it was 30.00 on the Legend. Has the cost of the Supper Club changed?????

Yes - it is $30 pp now on all CCL ships... still a great value, IMHO.

And to verify what others have said: YES - children are allowed, though seldom seen (actually never by us in 7 visits...)

Tom

I've been to the Supper Club twice. I dont remember any kids. Had a wonderful time both times and will visit it again in a moth
Month_____
Month
Just an FYI, you *do* have 30 minutes from the time you post to go back and edit it. :rolleyes:

Just an FYI, you *do* have 30 minutes from the time you post to go back and edit it. :rolleyes:

Just an FYI, you *do* have 30 minutes from the time you post to go back and edit it.

I was blind and now I see!!!

It is no longer 30 minutes (I recall it was, at one point)... I just tried to edit one after 19 minutes - no ICON there (I have seen this many times, and I always thought that 30 minutes had not elapsed!)

I suspect it is 15 minutes now... oh well!

Tom

Tom-Its supposed to be 20 minutes total.

Supper Club-- nothing is on Carnivals Webs itre about ages of kids. It IS on Royals. If you think your kids can sit through a 2 1/2 hour meal then by all means bring them.

We were on the Valor 7/17-7/24 on our honeymoon, we went to the supper club for a nice romantic dinner only to be sat next to a group of 20 with about 10 kids all under the age of 13. These kids ran all over the place around tables, not only their table but those of other guests. Fighting with each other, and running in and out of the restrooms, basically ruined our quiet dinner. I told the hostess I was surprised and disappointed that they would let that go on, especially in a place that they hype as being a spectacular dining expierence. She told us that they can't prevent people from bringing their kids to the supper club. Note to parents, leave the brats at camp carnival, or better yet at home.

Note to parents, leave the brats at camp carnival, or better yet at home.

Nope. In fact, I will have three with me next time. But it's MY responsibilty not to have them running all over the place. Not the hostess...not Carnival.

If you don't like it, YOU make other arrangements.

Out of respect for your fellow passangers I hope that you do make sure they are under control. As for me making other arrangements I did that by leaving the dining room and going to the Supper Club.

Out of respect for your fellow passangers I hope that you do make sure they are under control. As for me making other arrangements I did that by leaving the dining room and going to the Supper Club.

Ryan, I think that you will find that most people on these boards are VERY WELL aware of the unruly-unwatched (yes, BRATS!) child syndrome.... It comes up in many threads.

I think, that in a case like yours (if it was as you described) that the hostess should have given you the meal for free, or invited you back on another night (on them), as they do promote the Supper Club as a REFINED dining experience!!! Some people on these boards will differ with me here, as many are against various forms of "compensation" from CCL when things do not go "as planned" (unless it happens to THEM... lol)

Tom

Well Tom when the hostess asked how our meal was, my response was "the meal and service were very good, but I am very disappointed that you would permit those children to behave like that and not even say anything to their parents" She said that they cannot prevent children from coming to the supper club, however they do suggest leaving the kids at camp carnival. I thought they may reduce our fee or try to make it right but wasn't surprised that they didn't.

Ryan. I would think that most reasonable people understand that a supper club generally is an intimate and even romantic dining experience, serving more imaginative and complex dishes with more formal service, not a family dining room. Usually that kind of service exceeds a child's attention span being two hours or more. Often for a special events such as honeymooners, anniversarys or even that special date. Not designed to entertain youngins.

.......Note to parents, leave the brats at camp carnival, or better yet at home.

Your experience could have also occurred in an upscale land based restaurant. It is unfortunate that the parents let them behave that way, but I hope you don't label all children as brats. My personal experience with kids in the dining room is that they are usually well behaved. As Tom mentioned, I doubt that any member of this board would let their children behave in such a manner in the dining room, let alone the supper club.

John

Archived