Book On Board Cruise Now OBC?

poffles

Does anyone know, or have a link that identifies how much the OBC is if you book on board with the Cruise Now option. It says "up to $500" but I can't find anywhere that it is broken down based on stateroom and cruise length.

I'm looking at a veranda on an 11 day cruise. The other perks seem pretty clear, it's the OBC that is vague.

We booked an 18-day Aqua Class while on board last month. They gave us an OBC for that current cruise of $400. If you don't use it all the credit the balance goes back to your credit card.

Judy

Now that was not made clear to us on our recent cruise and, because the 123go promo is not combineable with other offers, we opted to stick with a future passages purchase, where the OBC on these has now been halved.

Edited by terrierjohn

Now that was not made clear to us on our recent cruise and, because the 123go promo is not combineable with other offers, we opted to stick with a future passages purchase, where the OBC on these has now been halved.

Just want to make sure realize that the book now offer is combine able with one other offer like the 123Go as is the open passages. I apologize if you already knew this.

Remember to check always with current pricing. DW and I booked a AQ TA on board earlier this year and received a $200 cabin credit. Pretty nice deal and a good price on the stateroom, so we were very happy. But one night, a month later, while nosing around on the computer, I saw that the cost per person had dropped $300. That's a change of $600 total and made it very profitable to cancel the on board booking and rebook. That's what we did. The funny thing is that our reduced fare has never shown up on the fishy site or any place else to this day, as far as I know.

Remember to check always with current pricing. DW and I booked a AQ TA on board earlier this year and received a $200 cabin credit. Pretty nice deal and a good price on the stateroom, so we were very happy. But one night, a month later, while nosing around on the computer, I saw that the cost per person had dropped $300. That's a change of $600 total and made it very profitable to cancel the on board booking and rebook. That's what we did. The funny thing is that our reduced fare has never shown up on the fishy site or any place else to this day, as far as I know.

You said was a transatlantic, I thought the promotion did not include transatlantics. Did you get any of the other perks as well??

Here is a copy of the Cruise Now Press Release:

http://www.celebrityonboardcruisesales.com/t&c.html

The deposit required rates have not changed... They are based on length of cruise & cabin category (with a Premium amount for Suites)

I can probably find another link for you on that info (Celebrity Website - Terms & Conditions ) if you still require it.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... As others have said note the Terms & Conditions of each offer (especially regarding later changes to your booking). And as always it is best to go to a Future Sales Appointment onboard ship well educated on what other offers Celebrity is currently offering ashore (ie Tuesday Specials etc). Cause the more informed you are the better determination you can make if the onboard offer is indeed "a deal" or not.

Why cancel? I've never had a problem getting a price drop on a cruise booked on board. We've never lost our OBC.

Just want to make sure realize that the book now offer is combine able with one other offer like the 123Go as is the open passages. I apologize if you already knew this.

The 123go offer was already being offered as part of the book on board deal, but the paperwork did say this was not combineable with any other offer, and we would have been making a phantom booking and then switching it later when the new brochure came out; and it would not have been combineable with any launch offer OBC, but the future passage one would.

Mind you if we had known the OBC given on the current cruise was refundable back to our card, we would have had further math calculations to decide which was the best option.:confused:

You said was a transatlantic, I thought the promotion did not include transatlantics. Did you get any of the other perks as well??

It wasn't a promotion. It was a standard $200 cabin credit, as I recall. No, there were no perks at all.