Princess Stock

Making my application for my April cruise, wish me luck.:D

Hi Mike

WE made our application for our Carnival shares OBC for our QM2 cruise in the AM and had an email back in the PM and contacted our TA and got an email back with the OBC on the confirmation letter all in the one day. Hope you had as much luck.

69 days to go. Looking forward to meeting you. Hope there is an on board get together with the tour group early on in the cruise.

Cheers,

Janet

Hi Mike

WE made our application for our Carnival shares OBC for our QM2 cruise in the AM and had an email back in the PM and contacted our TA and got an email back with the OBC on the confirmation letter all in the one day. Hope you had as much luck.

69 days to go. Looking forward to meeting you. Hope there is an on board get together with the tour group early on in the cruise.

Cheers,

Janet

Yes, if not we can just arrange a meet-up. BTW, What email address did you send it to?:D

I have got it now, $250 OBC for this cruise, these shares are already reaping dividends.:D

That's great. We got $250 for our cruise on Diamond last November so after the QM2 cruise that will make $500. Better than bank interest. We also got $30 dividend and the price has gone up.

And with the Aud down right now, even more of a profit.

The one downside is that like plane loyalty I did find I was only looking for Carnival cruises. And I quite like Celebrity.

Itineraries come first then timing and price, loyalty to the brand of cruise only comes when all things are equal. The good thing is we have status for X (Elite) which gets us status for RCI (Diamond) as well, we also have some status (Ruby soon to be Platinum) with Princess and the shares benefit, so no matter what cruise we like there is an added benefit. :D

Itineraries come first then timing and price, loyalty to the brand of cruise only comes when all things are equal. The good thing is we have status for X (Elite) which gets us status for RCI (Diamond) as well, we also have some status (Ruby soon to be Platinum) with Princess and the shares benefit, so no matter what cruise we like there is an added benefit. :D

We are newbie cruisers. I do have Gold status with Cunard though which I think gives me a pin, Internet time and a nice gold trim sea pass. That's it! :p. And something with Princess. Not enough to get excited by though.

Edited by Pushka

We are newbie cruisers. I do have Gold status with Cunard though which I think gives me a pin, Internet time and a nice gold trim sea pass. That's it! :p. And something with Princess. Not enough to get excited by though.

Don't worry, they soon add up to get you something. just remember to compare the whole package, if all things are equal then take the cruise that gets you the loyalty points/ perks.:D

And an 8 night Cunard QV Sydney - Hobart - KI - Melbourne - Syd in Feb 2016 is tempting me at the moment. But I sold my stock! Not to worry, the U.S. TA is saying there's $150 OBC and deposit refund until final payment date. Sigh.

Don't worry, they soon add up to get you something. just remember to compare the whole package, if all things are equal then take the cruise that gets you the loyalty points/ perks.:D

Great advice Mick. That is exactly what we do.

We have bought both RCL and Carnival shares in our super fund. Our super fund is both our names so it is no problem, the BJ Name and B Name PSF. We have always had our RCL OBC granted when we have no other OBC, even when we had a deeply discounted Azamara cruise last year. That one surprised us, we were sure it would be rejected. Princess (Carnivals) is great, no drama and credits can be combined.

Beryl

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have bought both RCL and Carnival shares in our super fund. Our super fund is both our names so it is no problem, the BJ Name and B Name PSF. We have always had our RCL OBC granted when we have no other OBC, even when we had a deeply discounted Azamara cruise last year. That one surprised us, we were sure it would be rejected. Princess (Carnivals) is great, no drama and credits can be combined.

Beryl

Good to know, one day I may get around to getting some RCI shares as well.:D

Unfortunately our SMSF isn't in our names. But let's just hope the ATO doesn't read this thread because getting benefit from those shares is not really allowed. An audit might get tricky if you only had USA cruise company shares in your portfolio.

Unfortunately our SMSF isn't in our names. But let's just hope the ATO doesn't read this thread because getting benefit from those shares is not really allowed. An audit might get tricky if you only had USA cruise company shares in your portfolio.

MMM, mums the word.;)

We have always had our RCL OBC granted when we have no other OBC, even when we had a deeply discounted Azamara cruise last year. That one surprised us, we were sure it would be rejected. Princess (Carnivals) is great, no drama and credits can be combined.

Beryl

No such luck on our 2 Celebrity cruises in Dec - both were special past passengers price but with no OBC. The 2nd one was in a concierge cabin & they wouldn't even include the free drinks package at that price:(!

Only once out of 5 attempts on RCI & Celebrity cruises have we received the shareholder's OBC - it was a Transatlantic.

No such luck on our 2 Celebrity cruises in Dec - both were special past passengers price but with no OBC. The 2nd one was in a concierge cabin & they wouldn't even include the free drinks package at that price:(!

Only once out of 5 attempts on RCI & Celebrity cruises have we received the shareholder's OBC - it was a Transatlantic.

Not so great then.:(