Princess Stock

I've read a few such stories about Celebrtity/RCL OBC being difficult to get. I don't think it will be given on some discounted fares or additional to other OBC offers. Carnivals policy is simply excellent.

If you want RCI shares for the sake of shares they are close to $90 USD each, not cheap but they are performing well with reasonable dividends.

If you want them for Cruise OBC maybe not, especially if they won't combine with other offers, they are practically useless.

CCL are much more affordable and seems to be a lot easier to obtain OBC.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

My CCL shares were purchased through E*trade. I log on to my account, to the "My portfilio" page. Select "email account" then I select" in PDF format".

Open email. You will need to provide your User ID to open the email. Go to the page that lists your holdings. You cannot print the page. I use the "Ctrl "+"Print Screen" buttons on key board. I then open Paint (a free graphics editor) or you can use another graphics editor program. Select "Ctrl"+"V" to paste the screen capture into Paint. Crop as required, save as JPEG file and attach to email to "shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com"

Hope that helps.:)

It did, thank you! :) I received an email this morning saying that our OBC had been added to our booking...an extra $250 :D

• 10 months later...

Dragging up this thread again. Purchased 100 CCL shares yesterday. At the 'dip'. Already in profit. :p.

We have an Alaska cruise next year - should/can I use the OZ Princess email address or do I have to fax the US? I haven't had a fax machine in years! I'll have to find an online fax machine if so.

Dragging up this thread again. Purchased 100 CCL shares yesterday. At the 'dip'. Already in profit. :p.

We have an Alaska cruise next year - should/can I use the OZ Princess email address or do I have to fax the US? I haven't had a fax machine in years! I'll have to find an online fax machine if so.

In Oz, we can email proof of ownership of the shares. The email address changed as of the 1 December 2015. The new address is defencebenefits@princesscruises.com.au. I know the address doesn't look right, but I rang Princess twice to confirm and today I received confirmation for my shareholder application for an upcoming cruise. So the email address provided worked.;)

Hopefully you have bought the shares for the investment and not just for the side benefits of the on board credit. I was not aware that the email changed but the one that I use is Shareholderbenefit@Carnivalaustralia.com . Perhaps copy one in just to be sure. Just note that you need to provide a copy of proof of ownership for the shares no more than 3 months prior to the cruise as well as the booking reference number, good luck.:D

Hopefully you have bought the shares for the investment and not just for the side benefits of the on board credit. I was not aware that the email changed but the one that I use is Shareholderbenefit@Carnivalaustralia.com . Perhaps copy one in just to be sure. Just note that you need to provide a copy of proof of ownership for the shares no more than 3 months prior to the cruise as well as the booking reference number, good luck.:D

Of course. I held them a few months ago also then cashed out for $1000 profit. Now am back in.

Of course. I held them a few months ago also then cashed out for $1000 profit. Now am back in.

However, that "profit", needs to be more then what they now were purchased again at? Counting in the transaction fees :)

Wouldn't make any sense, if they were purchased at $30 per share, sold at $40, now purchased at $45. :)

I get over $1000 OBC every year- so, has been very positive for me. They aren't as much value for infrequent cruisers. Depends on the individual.

However, that "profit", needs to be more then what they now were purchased again at? Counting in the transaction fees :)

Wouldn't make any sense, if they were purchased at $30 per share, sold at $40, now purchased at $45. :)

I get over $1000 OBC every year- so, has been very positive for me. They aren't as much value for infrequent cruisers. Depends on the individual.

Yes, I agree. they would not be worth it for a lot of people unless they are looking at it as an investment alone, with a extra dividend when you cruise.

Thats called trading. I will only encroach on that profit if the parcel of shares reduces bt an overall $ amount by $1000. I have not lost any of that profit until then. So makes sense to me. If the newly purchased shares increase in value and the Aussie dollar continues to fall then it is additional profit. Trading cost $15 AUD.

I cruise on Cunard and Princess in the Carnival line. Received $300 USD in the first year I held the shares.

Australian shares are not recovering the way USA share market has since the GFC so International shares, esp NYSE are an additional investment option. Currently run our SMSF so have an accumulation of shares (but not CCL which is held personally or else it would be illegal). I think medical and Leisure companies are growth areas with increasing obesity, and an ageing population.

Edited by Pushka

A query about the on board credit. I have considered purchasing some Carnival shares. Is the on board credit in addition to what your travel agent gives? For example, I am going on Pacific Aria next year and the travel agent gave us $350 on board credit, so would that mean I get $350 plus $250 from the shares (cruise is 14 days) to give a total of $600 on board credit.

Kim

Thats called trading. I will only encroach on that profit if the parcel of shares reduces bt an overall $ amount by $1000. I have not lost any of that profit until then. So makes sense to me. If the newly purchased shares increase in value and the Aussie dollar continues to fall then it is additional profit. Trading cost $15 AUD.

I cruise on Cunard and Princess in the Carnival line. Received $300 USD in the first year I held the shares.

Well done, we still cruise for the itinerary and timing but we had one mega year for us on CCL ships with $650, but other years have seen us getting less, some as little as $100.

Edited by MicCanberra

A query about the on board credit. I have considered purchasing some Carnival shares. Is the on board credit in addition to what your travel agent gives? For example, I am going on Pacific Aria next year and the travel agent gave us $350 on board credit, so would that mean I get $350 plus $250 from the shares (cruise is 14 days) to give a total of $600 on board credit.

Kim

Yep, unlike some other types like RCL, CCL are combinable to give you both OBC amounts.:D

Yep, unlike some other types like RCL, CCL are combinable to give you both OBC amounts.:D

Mic is absolutely correct. Also, if you are ex military and if you have a Future Cruise Credit, these are accumulative as well, so it can very quickly add up.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Mic is absolutely correct. Also, if you are ex military and if you have a Future Cruise Credit, these are accumulative as well, so it can very quickly add up.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Correct - when we went to Hawaii we had $150 from TA $100 FCC $250 stockholder and $250 military and another $200 minisuite bonus they offered at the time of booking. I had no idea how we would spend it all. Somehow I found a way :D

Correct - when we went to Hawaii we had $150 from TA $100 FCC $250 stockholder and $250 military and another $200 minisuite bonus they offered at the time of booking. I had no idea how we would spend it all. Somehow I found a way :D

It is very easy to spend when you know it is there 'burning a hole in your pocket' so to speak.:cool: