Princess Stock

It's probably best not called Princess Stock either but the entire Carnival brand that includes a range of cruise lines including Cunard.

Good on Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Yachts of Seabourn, Cunard, Costa, Aida, Ibero, P&O, Ocean Village.:D

Good on Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Yachts of Seabourn, Cunard, Costa, Aida, Ibero, P&O, Ocean Village.:D

Hi Mike

We should get the $250 for our QM2 cruise next year. I think you can only apply when the cruise is fully paid for.

Cheers,

Janet:)

Hi Mike

We should get the $250 for our QM2 cruise next year. I think you can only apply when the cruise is fully paid for.

Cheers,

Janet:)

The stipulation is you need proof of ownership (stocks certificate) within 3 months prior to the cruise as well.:D

I will be putting in for it around February next year.

Edited by MicCanberra

With our Super we can ask our financial advisor to choose different shares and I am wondering whether we could use these Carnival shares. Does anyone know if we can we use shares for OBC if they are part of our Super? Also what is the name of the shares as I've looked on the Australian share site and can't find Carnival?

With our Super we can ask our financial advisor to choose different shares and I am wondering whether we could use these Carnival shares. Does anyone know if we can we use shares for OBC if they are part of our Super? Also what is the name of the shares as I've looked on the Australian share site and can't find Carnival?

They are on the New York Stock Exchange.

As mentioned, they are international shares out of the New York Stock Exchange, (NYSE), their code is CCL. If you own 100 shares and have a statement of proof that you own them, then there is no reason why you cannot get OBC. Your super fund/broker should be able to tell you if it is possible or not to buy CCL shares and have them in your portfolio.:D

Two reasons not to purchase through a super fund. You could have the shares in your super fund but the certificate won't be in your personal name as appears in the booking but the name of the Super Fund. So may or may not be acceptable to the cruise line. But more an issue is that Super Funds must be audited each year and the auditor should ask why you have randomly purchased just 100 shares on the NYSE. He/she may alert the ATO and they audit and they will say you are not trading at third arm length and are personally profiting from buying the shares which could render the super fund in default with significant penalties. Not worth it.

Edited by Pushka

Two reasons not to purchase through a super fund. You could have the shares in your super fund but the certificate won't be in your personal name as appears in the booking but the name of the Super Fund. So may or may not be acceptable to the cruise line. But more an issue is that Super Funds must be audited each year and the auditor should ask why you have randomly purchased just 100 shares on the NYSE. He/she may alert the ATO and they audit and they will say you are not trading at third arm length and are personally profiting from buying the shares which could render the super fund in default with significant penalties. Not worth it.

And I would add that if they were to find you were gaining personal benefit from them in the form of OBC the audit could get nasty.

Just google Carnival Share price and it will bring up lots of info on them.

Following on from the Super Fund ownwership , you should also be aware that some Sharebrokers purchase overseas shares in " group parcels" and hold them for you. If this is the case , your name will not appear as a holder , so just check before buying that the shares will be entirely yours.

Two very good points.

I couldnt work out why "third arm length" didn't sound it. I combined "third party" and "at arms length". I just invented a new term! :p

But we knew what you meant, or at least I did and I'm stupid so I assume everyone else did too.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I'm sailing on Sapphire Princess from Singapore to Beijing in March.

I would like to claim my OBC for my Carnival shares, I know I need to prove ownership of the shares but I can't work out what I actually need to provide. :confused:

I purchased the shares more than 6 months ago. I recently received a dividend payment but that was based on ownership on a date more than 3 months ago.

I have an Etrade account. When I look at my share account I don't have a page that shows my name and my Carnival shares.

Has anyone have an Etrade account claimed their OBC? If so, what evidence of ownership did you provide?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Hi all,

I'm sailing on Sapphire Princess from Singapore to Beijing in March.

I would like to claim my OBC for my Carnival shares, I know I need to prove ownership of the shares but I can't work out what I actually need to provide. :confused:

I purchased the shares more than 6 months ago. I recently received a dividend payment but that was based on ownership on a date more than 3 months ago.

I have an Etrade account. When I look at my share account I don't have a page that shows my name and my Carnival shares.

Has anyone have an Etrade account claimed their OBC? If so, what evidence of ownership did you provide?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

My CCL shares were purchased through E*trade. I log on to my account, to the "My portfilio" page. Select "email account" then I select" in PDF format".

Open email. You will need to provide your User ID to open the email. Go to the page that lists your holdings. You cannot print the page. I use the "Ctrl "+"Print Screen" buttons on key board. I then open Paint (a free graphics editor) or you can use another graphics editor program. Select "Ctrl"+"V" to paste the screen capture into Paint. Crop as required, save as JPEG file and attach to email to "shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com"

Hope that helps.:)

My CCL shares were purchased through E*trade. I log on to my account, to the "My portfilio" page. Select "email account" then I select" in PDF format".

Open email. You will need to provide your User ID to open the email. Go to the page that lists your holdings. You cannot print the page. I use the "Ctrl "+"Print Screen" buttons on key board. I then open Paint (a free graphics editor) or you can use another graphics editor program. Select "Ctrl"+"V" to paste the screen capture into Paint. Crop as required, save as JPEG file and attach to email to "shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com"

Hope that helps.:)

Thanks for this advice.:D

So for $3500 USD around $4200 AUD) you can buy 100 shares. This is to get extra OBC worth possibly a few hundred per cruise.

I am not sure if it is worth it, I have some queries though.

Is it may combinable with other offers? YES AND FULLY REFUNDABLE

Does the amount change with cabin class? NO

Is it available to all of Carnival's cruise lines? YES

Perhaps it is worth it, if you have many years of cruising still.:D

I bought 100 in sterling in 2009 and I have had Back more than the money I used for the purchase in on board credit since then as well as the rise in their value (I wish I had put all my super in CCL)

It is a no lose situation if you have enough cash on hand to purchase 100 shares. When we do a longer cruise like 49 days we book it as perhaps 3 cruises b2b2b (it may cost a few dollars more) but you get the obc 3 times that way