Prayers for Bermuda

sandij

They are now in the eye of the Hurricane and can expect a pause for 1 to 2 hours and then it will resume with stronger winds....

27900 without electricity...about 85% of the Island. The portbermudawebcam.com is still up and running...

Hope all are safe during the "exit" of Gonzalo...

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We made it through Gonzalo without any serious injuries. I lost electricty at 7:19pm and received it back at 2:20pm. My home didn't recieve any damage so that's a good thing. In the yard there was a bit of debris but nothing much.

I personally took a visit around at 9:00am and there was not too much damage besides a few trees down and road crews out and about. I can see most of the island back to normal on Monday. One thing I found amazing was the amount of people on the street driving around taking pics, etc. Lot's of stores are reopening so that is good. I was thinking to myself earlier, did we actually get hit by a cat 3 hurricane or not cause the amount of people out and stores open makes it seem like it was a normal Friday.

The ocean looks beautiful. I've never seen it this color but it looks aqua and it looks like someone's swiming pool.

To the cruisers scheduled this week, enjoy your cruise and come and visit Bermuda soon.

Edited by ComeOnLetsGo

We made it through Gonzalo without any serious injuries. I lost electricty at 7:19pm and received it back at 2:20pm. My home didn't recieve any damage so that's a good thing. In the yard there was a bit of debris but nothing much.

I personally took a visit around at 9:00am and there was not too much damage besides a few trees down and road crews out and about. I can see most of the island back to normal on Monday. One thing I found amazing was the amount of people on the street driving around taking pics, etc. Lot's of stores are reopening so that is good. I was thinking to myself earlier, did we actually get hit by a cat 3 hurricane or not cause the amount of people out and stores open makes it seem like it was a normal Friday.

The ocean looks beautiful. I've never seen it this color but it looks aqua and it looks like someone's swiming pool.

To the cruisers scheduled this week, enjoy your cruise and come and visit Bermuda soon.

This is fantastic news Comeonletsgo!!! We are so happy to hear this and to hear there were no injuries or fatalities. You must be so relieved!

Glad to here!

You have some sunk boats in the dockyard area it looks like

Edited by Laszlo

Thanks for the play by play yesterday. Glad to hear your home and Bermuda withstood this direct hit without devistation. Your power is back on already thats awsome. After Sandy I lost power for a week and 10 days before our cruise on the Miracle. Best wishes.

Thanks for the post to let us know you're ok and back with power.

Good luck cleaning up and getting back to normal.

Looks like Bermuda was very well prepared for Gonzalo.

Stay safe!

P.S. We will be back to visit next summer for sure!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

Thanks everyone. No worries with the live updates. I didn't mind at all.

I had to go deliver dinner to a mate who doesn't have electricity and witnessed a few homes that had structural damage but nothing too serious. In the event you don't know, the building codes in Bermuda are strict and the supplies used are very strong thus the reason you don't hear of homes falling apart or blowing away in cases like this unless you're in a tent.

I'm sure by Monday the entire island will have electricity and I'm saying that like I know what I'm talking about :D

Deff wasn't as bad as everyone expected and far from the disaster that Hurricane Fabin caused in 2003.

Edited by ComeOnLetsGo

Thanks everyone. No worries with the live updates. I didn't mind at all.

I had to go deliver dinner to a mate who doesn't have electricity and witnessed a few homes that had structural damage but nothing too serious. In the event you don't know, the building codes in Bermuda are strict and the supplies used are very strong thus the reason you don't hear of homes falling apart or blowing away in cases like this unless you're in a tent.

I'm sure by Monday the entire island will have electricity and I'm saying that like I know what I'm talking about :D

Deff wasn't as bad as everyone expected and far from the disaster that Hurricane Fabin caused in 2003.

So glad to hear. Had a fantastic time there last month. Already booked to return next Sept :D

It's great to hear that no one lost their life or was seriously injured as a result of the hurricane.

I do think our friend ComeOnLetsGo is being overly optimistic when saying that the entire island will have electricity by Monday. When Gonzalo rolled in not everyone had yet had their electricity restored from Fay hitting a few days earlier, and Gonzalo caused far more damage and many more electrical service outages than Fay.

Edited by njhorseman