Suite Coffee and Tea Questions

riddle

Will be in our first suite on Nov. 9. I know there is supposed to be a fancy coffee maker that makes lattes, cappuchino, etc. Is this a pod type machine and if so can I get tea pods as well as coffee pods?

Will be in our first suite on Nov. 9. I know there is supposed to be a fancy coffee maker that makes lattes, cappuchino, etc. Is this a pod type machine and if so can I get tea pods as well as coffee pods?

It uses pods and they will have several different coffees and teas.

I am probably in the minority but I am not a fan of the Lavazza machine. Any coffee that comes from a capsule is not good IMHO :) And since it is used mostly for coffee the tea always tastes like coffee too. Universal machines never make great anything. Sort of like universal gym equipment. They do a poor job with each muscle group. A specialty machine always works best.

But it does make coffee fast ;)

I LOVE the Lavazza coffee machine! It is way better than any mini coffee pot you may have in other rooms. We have the butler stock our fridge with milk (you can use chocolate too for a mocha) and enjoy a latte at least once a day. It saves the cost of purchasing a latte as well. I believe they use the same machine when serving lattes elsewhere on the ship.

After trying the tea pods I decided to just heat up water and use tea bags for my tea. I filled up a coffee cup with the bottled water provided in our suite and used the steaming mechanism to heat it up It's hard to explain how to do that but your butler will know. It made better tasting tea in my opinion that way

You can pick up tea bags at the buffet or in the haven.

We will be in our first suite in January. Our 11yo son loves to drink hot chocolate with his evening snack. We have a Keurig at home and he loves to make his hot chocolate with it. My question is does NCL stock the Hot Chocolate pods for their machines? I know they are available but unsure if NCL keeps them on board. If they do, great! If they don't I think I will have to buy some to take with us so he won't be disappointed.

We will be in our first suite in January. Our 11yo son loves to drink hot chocolate with his evening snack. We have a Keurig at home and he loves to make his hot chocolate with it. My question is does NCL stock the Hot Chocolate pods for their machines? I know they are available but unsure if NCL keeps them on board. If they do, great! If they don't I think I will have to buy some to take with us so he won't be disappointed.

No, NCL does not carry the hot chocolate pods, however they do provide the packages of hot chocolate. You can use the hot water function on the Lavazza machine to make it.

No, NCL does not carry the hot chocolate pods, however they do provide the packages of hot chocolate. You can use the hot water function on the Lavazza machine to make it.

Thanks for confirming what I thought. That is unfortunate. I will have to pick up a few pods to take with us. Since he started using the Keurig machine to make his nightly choco (his name for hot chocolate) he has become a bit of a choco connoisseur/snob and refuses to drink the powdered stuff. I have explained that is all that is inside the K-cups he uses. He understands this but says "Dad, it is just not the same". I suppose it would compare to a coffee drinker having to make a choice between a cup of instant and drip coffee.

Thanks again!

Thanks for confirming what I thought. That is unfortunate. I will have to pick up a few pods to take with us. Since he started using the Keurig machine to make his nightly choco (his name for hot chocolate) he has become a bit of a choco connoisseur/snob and refuses to drink the powdered stuff. I have explained that is all that is inside the K-cups he uses. He understands this but says "Dad, it is just not the same". I suppose it would compare to a coffee drinker having to make a choice between a cup of instant and drip coffee.

Thanks again!

I understand, my kids are K-cup white hot chocolate snobs...:p

Thanks again!

Just remember Keurig pods will not work in this machine

When I was on the Breakaway in August my suite had the hot chocolate pods. The butler was sure to point it out bc I was traveling with kids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

When I was on the Breakaway in August my suite had the hot chocolate pods. The butler was sure to point it out bc I was traveling with kids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

I have sailed the Breakaway 4 times, the last being Sept 21 of this year and we have never been lucky enough to get the pods, :(

Gad you did though,

Cherie

I have sailed the Breakaway 4 times, the last being Sept 21 of this year and we have never been lucky enough to get the pods, :(

Gad you did though,

Cherie

We were on BA in March and asked butler. He brought the packets and I've never seen the pods on any NCL ship for hot chocolate. Our DS just fills up a cup with water, steams it with the silver tube, then adds the mix and is happy as a clam.

THIS can make me book a suite. Which suites have this? We both love Lavazza coffee. It has a great depth of flavor. We had Lavazza on our Celebrity cruise at the coffee bar El Bacio.

Almost every suite in the fleet has a Lavazza machine. Some cabins on the Sun do not have the machines.

This photo is the NCL Breakaway,cabin 9916.

Does anyone know if all the suites on the sun have been switched over to the Lavazza? We are booked in 9202 SG and the last I heard they still had regular coffee pots.

The aft penthouse suites on the sun do not have a Lavassa coffeemakers. I believe the only suites on the Sun that do are the owners suites. Our concierge offered to bring us one but there really was not room.