Solo Fares

G2G

Has the 125% discount for solo's gone for good?? There aren't any listed for 2015/2016. Whilst I will pay a double fare for an incredible itinerary i.e. Antarctic and Australia, it is prohibitive for every cruise, particularly when some lines charge 110-125%.

I have done that but only2014 came up

Hi G2G,

I noticed you are from the UK. It's possible the UK website does not list the 2015 sailings with the Solo promotion. According to the link that DLN929 provided, there's currently 4 Journey sailings, and 8 Quest sailings listed.

As of today (Oct 22, 2014), here's a list of the 2015 sailing dates. Please note they are capacity controlled, and subject to change. Hope this is helpful !

Journey :

Feb. 19, 2015 18 Night Copacabana-biscayne Bay Voyage

Mar. 21, 2015 12 Night Costa Rica Coast To Coast Voyage

Apr. 2, 2015 16 Night South Beach To Acropolis Voyage

Nov. 25, 2015 16 Night Wake Of Columbus Voyage

Quest :

Jan. 5, 2015 15 Night Discovering Vietnam and Thailand

Jan. 20, 2015 14 Night Burma, Sumatra & Malaysia

Feb. 3, 2015 14 Night Thailand, Java & Bali

Feb. 17, 2015 16 Night Asian Kaleidoscope

Mar. 5, 2015 16 Night Great Cities and Waterways of Asia: Japan to the Equator

Mar. 21, 2015 16 Night The Spice Route

Apr. 6, 2015 18 Night Suez Canal Voyage

Oct. 19, 2015 15 Night Suez Canal Voyage

Edited by Host Andy

Hi G2G,

I noticed you are from the UK. It's possible the UK website does not list the 2015 sailings with the Solo promotion. According to the link that DLN929 provided, there's currently 4 Journey sailings, and 8 Quest sailings listed.

As of today (Oct 22, 2014), here's a list of the 2015 sailing dates. Please note they are capacity controlled, and subject to change. Hope this is helpful !

Journey :

Feb. 19, 2015 18 Night Copacabana-biscayne Bay Voyage

Mar. 21, 2015 12 Night Costa Rica Coast To Coast Voyage

Apr. 2, 2015 16 Night South Beach To Acropolis Voyage

Nov. 25, 2015 16 Night Wake Of Columbus Voyage

Quest :

Jan. 5, 2015 15 Night Discovering Vietnam and Thailand

Jan. 20, 2015 14 Night Burma, Sumatra & Malaysia

Feb. 3, 2015 14 Night Thailand, Java & Bali

Feb. 17, 2015 16 Night Asian Kaleidoscope

Mar. 5, 2015 16 Night Great Cities and Waterways of Asia: Japan to the Equator

Mar. 21, 2015 16 Night The Spice Route

Apr. 6, 2015 18 Night Suez Canal Voyage

Oct. 19, 2015 15 Night Suez Canal Voyage

Why thank you kind Sir, you are indeed correct, I am from the UK and only 2014 125% sailings are shown for us. Thank you one and all for the info regarding relevant sailings, I hope that the solo reduction will be available to us Brits as well. G :)

I am learning that my prices go down around the time of final booking. some of my fares dropped American 3k or more before i paid this month. So thry might show yet.

my Quest cruises are all listed here and i paid them in oct. .maybe a last minute price drop.

Edited by ellbon

Why thank you kind Sir, you are indeed correct, I am from the UK and only 2014 125% sailings are shown for us. Thank you one and all for the info regarding relevant sailings, I hope that the solo reduction will be available to us Brits as well. G :)

Hi G2G,

Thank you for your kind comments. Much appreciated ! I hope the Solo promo is available for our dear UK friends as well. Please let us know, or perhaps one of our UK members will share their insights. Good Luck !

Each of the journey (4) cruises and just two of the 2015 ones listed above are showing on the UK website - for the last two years there have been many more especially in Europe - this is really tough on us solos! I'm wondering if it's because the BOGOF deal went so well there's little left to promote to solos?

Hi, I'm also from the UK.

When I was on Journey recently, I mentioned to Cindy in Future Sales that the UK website was only showing the solo deals for 2014. She printed out an updated list for me.

I booked on board for the Journey TA in November 2015 and got what I consider to be a good deal. 125% solo supplement, Double Cabin Upgrade, OBC and other perks. :)

Edited by tigernut

When I was on Journey recently, I mentioned to Cindy in Future Sales that the UK website was only showing the solo deals for 2014. She printed out an updated list for me.

I booked on board for the Journey TA in November 2015 and got what I consider to be a good deal. 125% solo supplement, Double Cabin Upgrade, OBC and other perks. :)

Thanks for calling my attention to this. I've sent off an email to the UK MD, Richard Twynam, to let him know our UK website needs a bit of spit & polish. Hopefully all the 125% dates will be up there soon.

• 2 weeks later...
How long does it take to do something as simple as this?! Still no sign on uk site!

Hi,

As usual the Az website has a convoluted way for accessing info.

If you go into offers and click on land tours or excursions, then come out of that and click on solo offers, the list comes up TA DA!! If you go straight to solo offers, NADA .... Don't ask me how I found out, I've obviously got too much time on my hands. I hope it works for you.

G:D

I'm booked on that one too. That means there are at least a couple of solos. I wish they'd do 125% on all cruises.

Bryan

I'm booked on that one too. That means there are at least a couple of solos. I wish they'd do 125% on all cruises.

Bryan

Seriously, they would be out of business soon if they did that, and no one here wants that :)

Right now they are giving reduced single fares through the spring of 2015 (with the additions of the TA's which they always offer reduced fares). I am hoping that in early 2015 they will give some more reduced singles fares for fall 2015 cruises. Generally they try to sell as many double fares as they can before they offer the solo fares. I've gotten reduced solo fares on five out of my six cruises and most with the balcony upgrade fares as well. I just have to play the waiting and dreaming game. If I don't want to pay double I must be content to wait a bit longer to book that fall 2015 cruise.

How long does it take to do something as simple as this?! Still no sign on uk site!

GM fraj1, I received an email that the site has been fixed. Please check and let me know if the UK site is now properly showing the 125% solo fares.

We apologize for the error, and do so appreciate you letting us know.

Bonnie