Luggage Tags, Again!

newyorkray

I know this issue has been posted before but I never paid attention. We are booked on the Reflection for Nov 29th, 38 days away. After checking in several weeks ago the web site said luggage tags (not the printed ones) can be order "less than 49 days before the cruise" but at least 11 days before. I called X 3 days ago and they told me to wait one more day and it should show up on the check-in page, it hasn't. I know Celebrity has the worst web site available, are they ever going to improve it? I will be traveling for business a lot over the next few weeks so just wanted to have everything ready. I know small business's that have much more friendly web sites. I have been a loyal Celebrity cruiser for 18 years but wonder sometimes that with all these little annoyances are they trying to drive people away. I always considered X a class about all the mass marketed cruise lines but how often does their web site say one thing and the reality is something else?

I know this issue has been posted before but I never paid attention. We are booked on the Reflection for Nov 29th, 38 days away. After checking in several weeks ago the web site said luggage tags (not the printed ones) can be order "less than 49 days before the cruise" but at least 11 days before. I called X 3 days ago and they told me to wait one more day and it should show up on the check-in page, it hasn't. I know Celebrity has the worst web site available, are they ever going to improve it? I will be traveling for business a lot over the next few weeks so just wanted to have everything ready. I know small business's that have much more friendly web sites. I have been a loyal Celebrity cruiser for 18 years but wonder sometimes that with all these little annoyances are they trying to drive people away. I always considered X a class about all the mass marketed cruise lines but how often does their web site say one thing and the reality is something else?

Call the Captain's Club -- they can order them for you. Just tell them your tale. :)

As previously mentioned I would suggest a call to X. I am on the same cruise and my tags were available 47 days out. I ordered them and they arrived within 7 days. Also they will be available from the porters when you arrive at the terminal.

Newyorkray....we're in the same boat..literally. I haven't seen any luggage tags or been able to order them as well. Someone had mentioned in another post that sometimes its delayed if you have booked choice air. Which we did. So I thought I would wait a bit.

Does anyone have the number for Captains Club?

Newyorkray....we're in the same boat..literally. I haven't seen any luggage tags or been able to order them as well. Someone had mentioned in another post that sometimes its delayed if you have booked choice air. Which we did. So I thought I would wait a bit.

Captain's Club -- 800-760-0654

We flew Choice Air and had no problem getting luggage tags on line at My Celebrity check in at the 47-49 day out.

just print the one in ticket booklet yourself and call it a day. or have the porter at pier affix one.

Not worth the breath or bandwidth it takes to ask how to do it.

The preprinted ones don't make the luggage appear any quicker anyhow.

On the 41st day before the cruise I was told they were a little behind and to wait one more day then the link would be on the check-in site. I called the CC today (about 36? days before) and was told the same as you, because I booked ChoiceAir there is an additional delay. Don't quite understand why booking ChoiceAir has anything to do with it (unless it is because they pick up the luggage at the airport, but still, how different could that be.) The representative I spoke to really didn't seem to know what he was talking about.I love Celebrity but some things (like the website) they just can't seem to get right) I wouldn't care as we have time but am traveling a lot in November for my job and just want to have things ready.

just print the one in ticket booklet yourself and call it a day. or have the porter at pier affix one.

Of course I know you are right, just something about printing the paper ones... I remember my first Celebrity cruise 18 years ago. Boarding passes, luggage tags, itinerary, list of excursions, and other info all in a leather folder!! Now that was classy!!

Don't quite understand why booking ChoiceAir has anything to do with it (unless it is because they pick up the luggage at the airport, but still, how different could that be.)

I've not used Choice Air, but have used Celebrity's Bus service from Airport to pier, and THEY didn't pick up luggage as I thought they would (my first cruise). I found an agent after searching airport, who then told me to get my own luggage and bring to them. It did seem like some cruise lines did gather luggage, but Celebrity wasn't in Miami.

I wouldn't care as we have time but am traveling a lot in November for my job and just want to have things ready.

Print it off from your cruise documents link, it's somewhere near the end maybe 2 pages before the back. Be done with it tonight! :D They work just fine.

Some hints:

• Just print as many as you need fold them and tape/staple to the bags when you get the airport.
  • Be sure to print only that particular page so you don't print out the entire booklet multiple times.
  • If your print driver has the option select "fit to page" rather than same size as the tag does tend to go out of the margins a bit on some printers, but again, nothing that would cause any issue or delay in luggage delivery.

The Celebrity website has been a hit and miss mess for years and will continue to be. So I've learned to adapt rather than bang my head on the wall.

Edited by cle-guy

We just go to the last page of the cruise docs and print out four copies. My wife is a teacher and she has her own personal laminating machine here at home. We can laminate all four with two sheets and then cut them out. We have this little tiny stapler that we carry with us and attach two to each of our checked bags and give them to the porters at the port.

For some goofy reason, this has become a part of our pre-cruise ritual. I prepared our Thanksgiving bag tags a couple of days ago, and today I called dining services to request a table in the dining room. Every week, we have something to do leading up to each cruise. Planning and prep is half the fun!:)

Enjoy!

Kel

Love your signature, Curt! :)

We weren't able to order luggage tags until our e-docs were ready, and they weren't ready 49 days before. i called the Captains Club and was told it would be another week to 10 days because we were using Choice Air. 39 days out, no e-docs and no ability to order luggage tags.

I called Captains Club again and the rep said she would call documentation to expedite and to allow 24 - 48 hours. Three days later (72 hours), e-docs were available and so was the link to order luggage tags. Five days after that we had luggage tags!

There were no luggage tags to print until we had the e-docs.

I don't know why Choice Air makes a difference for some and not others, and if flying international makes a difference. Our flights were changed three times also, so perhaps that had something to do with it?