First time on regent , new at cruising

Odile1

I would agree that all of the sites have sales! I am not a size two which seems to be the popular leftover size! In shoes as well! TC--I have a bit of the travelers from Chicos and just don't like the fabrics. My problem is that I really only like natural fabrics and just hate the feel of some of the stuff out there when it touches my skin. I DID just clean out my closet a bit as I was getting ready to knock out the wall into another bedroom to make a bigger one (the contractor talked me out of it) and have categorized the closets instead! I REALLY don't need any more white pants ! Dillards is here the best source for sale items--when it gets to 65% off and then another 50%--now that's a deal.

We've seen everything in the MDR on Regent --from lovely vintage clothing from Russion women dressed in the latest couture--no one has ever looked out of place!

Debi

debijaynes, agree about the fabric. I like the very lightweight jackets and don't mind the pants. Not a big fan of the tops but do have a few. I used to buy a lot of tops at Soft Surroundings but am looking for new places. Think I'll leave here and go to Fresh Produce (such a cute name for a clothing store:-)

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Sorry Jane, "Fresh Produce" is a cute store and online catalog store for ladies. They specialize in cotton comfort for warm climates. I love their clothes for Hawaii & Caribbean and when I was in Turkey and it was so so hot! Super cute stuff :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by nana541

I want to share my favorite store with all of you beautiful travelers. Most of you do the Med and Italian linens are the best. This boutique is in Positano and it is named Blitz Moda. I always stock up on these and you can also call and they will ship to you. They are perfect for warm weather and are lovely with a jeweled sandal and you will look like a Greek Goddess. My fashion tip of the day.

Wal Mart & Target have a wonderful collection also. :eek:

I try to avoid those stores like the plague. After seeing the people of Walmart pictures, I find that I would be afraid to enter one without an armed guard. Target is pretty much the same way. Lots of migrant workers and snowbirds. Terror has many forms. :)

Dillards pulled thru as usual! A cute outfit --but the last of the summer. All has been shipped up North. Go Figure!!!

Debi

I want to share my favorite store with all of you beautiful travelers. Most of you do the Med and Italian linens are the best. This boutique is in Positano and it is named Blitz Moda. I always stock up on these and you can also call and they will ship to you. They are perfect for warm weather and are lovely with a jeweled sandal and you will look like a Greek Goddess. My fashion tip of the day.

Tried to get into the site but they require you to register and log in with passwords just to look..... Hate that and won't do it! I need one more password like I need another hole in my head :(

debijaynes, your condescension of those who shop and work at Walmart and Target is uncalled for. Both stores, particularly Walmart, offer value to millions of customers. Walmart has done more to make all kinds of goods affordable to customers of modest means than any other organization of which I can think. You don't have to shop there, but please don't criticize those that do.

debijaynes, your condescension of those who shop and work at Walmart and Target is uncalled for. Both stores, particularly Walmart, offer value to millions of customers. Walmart has done more to make all kinds of goods affordable to customers of modest means than any other organization of which I can think. You don't have to shop there, but please don't criticize those that do.

It wasn't a criticism-- you're right I DON'T have to shop there and would find it simply amazing that anyone cruising on Regent would do their clothes shopping at either store. Both stores serve a very valid purpose as I pointed out--here they serve budget minded snowbirds and the Hispanic community. Frankly most people I know here don't like the Macy's store that serves the area so I will throw that into the mix. I would rather pay good money for quality merchandise than throw my money away on poorly made items from a third world country where they are paid pennies.

Debi

Debi, you did a little more than criticize the merchandise. As a matter of fact, in your first post this morning, you didn't mention the merchandise at all. But you did suggest those who patronize the store are terrorists of some sort.

I guess you will just have to book a cruise to the Med and Positano :)) The fabrics are fabulous and they have pants with tunics to match and dresses all in the finest Italian linen. Very elegant for daytime, as well. Reasonably priced too!

Loved Positano, would like to spend a couple months there!

Debi--I cruise on Regent. I shop at Walmart. You may find it "amazing" that I have found some dressy tops, as well as casual clothes, that I've happily and proudly worn on our cruises. Some of us choose to shop at Walmart, Target, Kmart, etc. in order to save some of our hard-earned dollars so we CAN cruise on Regent.

If I'm budget-minded, so be it. If we ever meet, I defy you to tell whether my outfit came from Walmart or a high-end store. My smile and happy attitude transcends any clothing label.

Debi, you did a little more than criticize the merchandise. As a matter of fact, in your first post this morning, you didn't mention the merchandise at all. But you did suggest those who patronize the store are terrorists of some sort.

No not terrorists-not by any chance--Have you not seen the People of Walmart pictures? Have you been in the parking lots here? I am very careful when I shop about the parking areas. When I lived in Atlanta, the police told me not to park at either Lenox or Phipps unless the valet was available and that was 16 years ago! I don't think a woman can be too careful in this day and age. Why invite something bad? I live in a lovely area, but I still lock my doors and am aware of my surroundings where ever I park.

I'm always amazed every year at the end of the show circuit that people come to the office and say ""My wallet was stolen!"" and then proceed to say--no the car wasn't locked.

I would say Walmart serves a purpose --many people have made money from the company--it just does not serve my shopping purposes, nor would I think many on these

boards.

Debi

Debi--I cruise on Regent. I shop at Walmart. You may find it "amazing" that I have found some dressy tops, as well as casual clothes, that I've happily and proudly worn on our cruises. Some of us choose to shop at Walmart, Target, Kmart, etc. in order to save some of our hard-earned dollars so we CAN cruise on Regent.

If I'm budget-minded, so be it. If we ever meet, I defy you to tell whether my outfit came from Walmart or a high-end store. My smile and happy attitude transcends any clothing label.

You see I'm happy about my clothing that I get for up to 90% off at Dillards, Neimans and Nordstrom!!! I figure it's a better deal to get top quality for less than the discount chains!

Enough of this-- I'll shop where I want and you shop where you want! Just be careful!!!!!

Debi

In the Winter our home is at one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country. I relish my days off the slopes when I can drive an hour for my Walmart and Target trips to stock up. I am a fan of both and without them I am stuck with Amazon for my goods.

Demographics definitely play into where we shop; we have no Nordstrom, Dillards, Neiman Marcus, etc. anywhere within our immediate area. I'd love to be able to take advantage of such 90%-off sale bargains, but keep in mind that not everyone has the luxury of such store/mall availability. Living in a rural area limits our choices. When I was teaching, most of my wardrobe in those days came from JCPenney. That's about as "high end" as we get up here in the boondocks!:)

Demographics definitely play into where we shop; we have no Nordstrom, Dillards, Neiman Marcus, etc. anywhere within our immediate area. I'd love to be able to take advantage of such 90%-off sale bargains, but keep in mind that not everyone has the luxury of such store/mall availability. Living in a rural area limits our choices. When I was teaching, most of my wardrobe in those days came from JCPenney. That's about as "high end" as we get up here in the boondocks!:)

How funny, I see you are in Syracuse...I am in Lake Placid in the Summer and I understand your dilemma :(....The shopping here in the boonies is not NYC ;-)

Any chance you're near Seneca Falls? My grandmother grew up there! What a pretty area!!! I visited their graves several years ago and visited Trinity Church--what a lovely lovely area!

Debi

We live north of the Finger Lakes/Seneca Falls area, right on Lake Ontario, midway between Rochester and Syracuse. It is really beautiful, except when the lake effect snow kicks in. We joke that we have two seasons, winter and the 4th of July!

(Sorry folks, off topic...:))