Quantum 2 Night

TeamPants

I'm curious about people experience on these short 2 night "sampler" cruises. I really want to go on the Quantum 2 night in November but I'm having trouble convincing my husband that it is worth it. Would love to hear some opinions of folks who have tried it? Is it worth it? Any one already booked?

I'm curious about people experience on these short 2 night "sampler" cruises. I really want to go on the Quantum 2 night in November but I'm having trouble convincing my husband that it is worth it. Would love to hear some opinions of folks who have tried it? Is it worth it? Any one already booked?

"Is it worth it?"

No one knows your financial situation better than you. And we know nothing about it.

Ask yourself: what are my associated costs: transportation to the port, parking or cabs, child care or pet care at home, cost of vacation days, etc.

Is this costing more per night than a "regular" cruise?

To me, the answer is a resounding NO. But that's me. :)

I look at cruise cost by comparing cost/day on comparable stateroom categories. This cruise is still priced a little high in my opinion, but it is a brand new ship. I've done several Bermuda trips out of Bayonne in November - and yes it's chilly. The short weekend cruises on the Majesty are very popular, and I've done plenty of them. Great way to escape to the warmth of the Bahamas for a weekend - these cruises are much more fairly priced, but depending on your location, you may have to include cost of airfare.

I live in Delaware and have considered this cruise because no airfare involved, but cheapest cabin is still over $1000 for two people in cheapest category - and that's for only 2 nights. I think I'll hold off and wait for the novelty to wear off. This is just my opinion. You have to take your own personal circumstances into consideration.

Thanks! I'm in DC/MD/VA area so I don't have to consider airfare but still parking/dog boarding/gas. Any chance the price will go down? Seems like there are still quite a few inside staterooms left?

We are cruising on the NCL Getaway from Nov 1-8 so I would like to book before I leave but maybe I will wait and see if there is anything left (inside state rooms and money) when we return. :):D

$1008 for inside stateroom and not even a full 48 hrs on the ship.

I am thrilled to be going on this cruise! We are also doing the 3 night before this one. It will be awesome to have been on the ship when it was brand new, and to be able to experience all of the newest innovations. Remember - those inside staterooms have virtual balconies 😃 There is a great group from CC that will be in this trip. Consider joining us if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think it will be good for those that are really excited about Quantum and like to stay up very late and get up very early. It's the only way you'll be able to get to see things as the cruise is very short. As someone mentioned, less than 48 hours.

I've debated going, but so far I don't see the value for me. I also worry about the crush of people; I like a quieter cruise. There is a nice group going so if you decide to go I'm sure it will be fun.

Seems more of a hassle then anything.The two craziest days are first and last.That leaves one day in between.Totally not worth it.Even if I lived across the street from the port.DEF need a week on the ship.

Never really thought about that... but I agree 100%

We're booked on the 2-nighter on November 21 and boy it's been fun counting down the days at the awesome Roll Call for this cruise.

We've visited the Queen Elizabeth when she had her Maiden Arrival in New York in 2010 and that was great fun. Even though we'd only been on the ship a few hours you still had the feeling of Cruise Mode riding in the cab back home.

On Quantum we'll have two full days to explore the ship, we have an informal Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle set up, a Cabin Crawl plus dinner booked in Wonderland and the Grande.

It's a bit pricey but, a wise man once said "Sometimes you have to say what the #*@%!"

It will also be a great buffer until our next cruise on Grandeur in February. Counting the hours till Quantum 624 to go...

Jonathan:D

Edited by cruiserking

I have done a 1 and 2 nighters in the past on NCL and Carnival. As expected, it is a very quick getaway and at a high price. As many have stated, short cruises to "nowhere" always command a premium, even if the ship is not new. With that said, if you are ship enthusiast like myself, you will take any cruise, especially on a new ship. I have to say I least enjoyed the 1 night and most likely would never do that again. Nevertheless, it is a great way to relax and do something out of the ordinary for the weekend.

Put it into perspective, one night at many Atlantic City top end hotels used to be about $500 a night (not sure about these days) with no food or entertainment included. Even a night in NYC at a nice 4 or 5 star hotel (like a Ritz Carlton) is at least 400-500, or more, for each night plus food and entertainment. A broadway show ticket goes for $150 per ticket! While RCI is not top end (like a Ritz Carlton), they offer a great product with all your meals and entertainment included, in RCI's case it is quality entertainment! When you compare the Quantum fare for a 2 night cruise in an inside cabin to a city stay, it comes out to be about the same or better value.

Edited by nycruiser80

We do not cruise as much as most people on this forum but we thought it would be neat to be some of the first passengers on a new ship. That's why we are doing the 3 night sampler. Its something different. I think it will be a different feel than what you get on a regular cruise.

I have to say that the CTN's are usually a lot of fun, certainly not a laid back relaxing cruise though.

Does anyone find it odd that there are so many unsold cabins on the Nov 21st 2 nighter and the price hasnt budged in the last week that I have been stalking it, i figured at this point they would be trying to unload unsold cabins. The only thing i can come up with is that they dont want to be at capacity for these first couple sailings? Thoughts? Although from a business stand point that doesnt make much sense.

-Matt

Every time I have been to New York I have spent over $1000 for 2 nights so I don't think the price is ridiculous at all for breakfast, lunch, a nice dinner and a show for each day and night. A nice dinner cruise in Washington, DC where I live is $500 for 2 people and that lasts only a few hours.

To the OP if it fits your budget I say go and enjoy since you do not have to travel far. I am booked on the two night to celebrate my husband's birthday and we are looking forward to a great weekend getaway.

I have to say that the CTN's are usually a lot of fun, certainly not a laid back relaxing cruise though.

Does anyone find it odd that there are so many unsold cabins on the Nov 21st 2 nighter and the price hasnt budged in the last week that I have been stalking it, i figured at this point they would be trying to unload unsold cabins. The only thing i can come up with is that they dont want to be at capacity for these first couple sailings? Thoughts? Although from a business stand point that doesnt make much sense.

-Matt

Wondering the same thing too. I am very close to booking this but waiting to see if the price comes down. As you said, there are many cabins available. If my memory serves me right this cruise was priced very high a month ago. I think many people, such as myself, was scared away. Maybe they will lower fares again. I am hoping at least they will. Then I will book. It is my bday the day before the cruise it would be a great way to celebrate.