Further reference to the Journey cruise 11th October

davidandjulia

We write in conjunction with “Sleep 7”s excellent thread concerning the above cruise.

After returning home from the above cruise we wrote to Nicole, the Le Club representative who duly acknowledged our communication but failed to mention that our grateful thanks would be passed to those who we felt should be recipients of our accolade. The main purpose of writing to Nicole was to express our appreciation to all those on board who contributed so much to making the cruise so enjoyable and of course to Mr Pimental for no doubt being instrumental in introducing the many recent improvements to the furnishings which have greatly enhanced our comfort on board. It will be noted from reading the following letter we sent to Nicole that we couldn't let the opportunity pass without making reference to the loss of the harpist on board.

We are aware that many of those referred to in our letter (including Captain Johannes) are followers of Cruise Critic and with this in mind we thought it appropriate to add our contribution to those who have already replied to the thread originally posted so commendably by “Sleep7” . The following is a copy of our letter to Nicole:-

We have just returned from our 11th October Azamara Journey cruise from Monte Carlo to Barcelona and in view of our recent emails to you regarding our previous negative reaction to the original proposal to remove some of the benefits associated with the loyalty rewards programme which have since been reinstated, we think it pertinent to comment further regarding our observations relevant to our recent cruise.

This was our fourth Azamara cruise following 20 plus cruises with other lines, mainly Princess, and we both agreed following our first cruise with Azamara two years ago that it would be virtually impossible (within our price range) to find a cruise line that could beat Azamara for the friendliness of the officers, staff and crew and the high standards they achieve in all departments. We also felt that our first cruise with Azamara couldn't be bettered, but each cruise since has proved us wrong, including our last, indeed it well exceeded our expectations. This was our third cruise on the Journey and it was a joy to be back on board, being totally spoilt by our sea going friends. This was our first cruise with Captain Johannes in command, ably supported by the very talented Cruise Director Eric and we were delighted to have had the pleasure of being in their company if only for a very short time. Without exception all those on board, too many to mention by name, engaged in their own fields of expertise, contributing to making this probably one of the finest cruises we have experienced. Perhaps though we should particularly mention Cindy, the Future Sales representative who we feel must be given special acknowledgement. We were fortunate in that we became acquainted with Cindy when she first joined Azamara and the Journey last year and due to her endearing nature and her in depth knowledge of future cruise options available to us, we had no difficulty in once again being persuaded (not that we needed much encouragement) to book yet another cruise with her for next October.

We were aware that we were joined for part of the cruise by Mr Pimental. No doubt he was taking the opportunity to inspect the many recent on-going enhancements to ensure the continuing competitive status of Azamara and it was a particular delight to once again meet up with Executive chef Robert who had joined the ship to help in the implementation of the new menus that are being introduced. Congratulations must be extended to Mr Pimental and his team for the additional quality deck furniture that has been installed and the carpeting to the top deck which has made the area a haven of luxurious comfort. We felt for those passengers on the larger ships moored alongside who must have looked down on us with much envy....perhaps this is what Mr Pimental had in mind when he took steps to transform this particular area! Perhaps the time has arrived to bring back the talented harpist that added that touch of class which enriched the on-board experience for so many in the past and which helped to encapsulate the high standard that is the bench mark of Azamara and which, to our mind must be the envy of its competitors.

Many thanks again for all at Azamara for making this short cruise a most enjoyable occasion.”

davidandjulia,

Reading your post was a pleasure particularly as we embark Journey next week.

I felt that my first Journey cruise in May (after many Quest cruises) though enjoyable lacked a little sparkle.

Your recent experience along with those of sleep7 and Deirdre has convinced me that we will have a wonderful time.

And I can't wait to try that very lovely looking new deck furniture

davidandjulia,

Reading your post was a pleasure particularly as we embark Journey next week.

I felt that my first Journey cruise in May (after many Quest cruises) though enjoyable lacked a little sparkle.

Your recent experience along with those of sleep7 and Deirdre has convinced me that we will have a wonderful time.

And I can't wait to try that very lovely looking new deck furniture

Hi Spursgirl, :)

I was also on the Journey cruise, it was great. It was my first time on Journey, after several cruises on Quest. The staff are wonderful on both ships.

The new deck furniture is very stylish, although I didn't try it out for comfort.

The White Night Deck Party was a particular highlight. Eric and the live band were amazing and everyone had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

I hope you have a brilliant cruise; I'm back on Quest next Saturday. Have fun! - Jan

I hope you have a brilliant cruise; I'm back on Quest next Saturday. Have fun! - Jan

Jan,

Can you tell us please are the changes davidandjulia describe being done, or are done, on the Quest. Perhaps when you return you could post please.

Sorry for hijacking the post.

Hi Spursgirl, :)

I was also on the Journey cruise, it was great. It was my first time on Journey, after several cruises on Quest. The staff are wonderful on both ships.

The new deck furniture is very stylish, although I didn't try it out for comfort.

The White Night Deck Party was a particular highlight. Eric and the live band were amazing and everyone had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Hi Jan,

It's funny, we were very tempted by that October 11 cruise but in the end opted for the slightly longer one on Nov 6. And if I am totally honest we felt it had better shopping opportunities:D

I am so glad so many people are enjoying Journey at the moment. My anticipation of our cruise is rising daily.

Want to wish you a fabulous time on Quest too. Have no doubt It will be superb. If he is back from leave please give our very good friend, Max Difaz a hug from Hazel and Lottie.

When I am enjoying a cocktail on the pool deck I will think of you hopefully doing the same.

Hazel

Jan,

Can you tell us please are the changes davidandjulia describe being done, or are done, on the Quest. Perhaps when you return you could post please.

Sorry for hijacking the post.

Hi, With regard to the changes, are you talking about the new deck furniture?

I'll check it out when I'm onboard and report back. Jan

Many thanks Bonnie. As you say, Nicole probably has shared our email but very many thanks for your reassurance

With reference to the new deck furniture, we can confirm that it is so very comfortable. We were also impressed how quickly it becomes dry again after being soaked following a rain storm. We also observed whilst taking a late night walk around the deck before retiring, a couple snuggled together under a blanket, enjoying the new double canopied recliner whilst enjoying the romantic view of the city by night. Ah......:)

In addition to the pictures of the new furniture already posted in an earlier thread, the October LCV Newsletter also contains information and pictures together with details of further enhancements that are due to be carried out.

Hi DavidandJulia!:)

Thanks for the sweet shout out about my review. It was such a marvelous cruise.. wasn't it! GREAT letter you wrote Nicole. It is so nice recognize such hard working people that make our leisure time so pleasant.

Cheers!!!

Claudia (sleep7)

Many thanks Bonnie. As you say, Nicole probably has shared our email but very many thanks for your reassurance

With reference to the new deck furniture, we can confirm that it is so very comfortable. We were also impressed how quickly it becomes dry again after being soaked following a rain storm. We also observed whilst taking a late night walk around the deck before retiring, a couple snuggled together under a blanket, enjoying the new double canopied recliner whilst enjoying the romantic view of the city by night. Ah......:)

In addition to the pictures of the new furniture already posted in an earlier thread, the October LCV Newsletter also contains information and pictures together with details of further enhancements that are due to be carried out.

Yes indeed. The new deck furniture is indeed as comfortable as it looks. A really great addition.

Phil

Hazel, a couple of weeks ago it was still Richard Rubin, but I'm not sure of when he gets off. Brooks Aehron also came onboard for a show.

Phil

Thanks Phil,

Hope Equinox was fun.

Will email you before we leave on the 5th. Believe you depart shortly after us for your Quest cruise.

Hazel

I got my second email from Azamara yesterday, with links to the lovely newsletters. That new furniture indeed looks mighty nice! :)

Thanks so much to Le Club Voyage Ambassador Nicole Lukacs for getting me on the list after a couple of years of frustration.