Chaos of the Seas--Wesbound TA

Hello, we were on the Westbound too and were not "wowed" mostly because of the crowds all over the ship and several other issues like (dis)embarkation. If the weather had been better it probably would be a nicer cruise. Our stateroom attendant and waitstaff were fine. We were disapointed that Chefs Table was cancelled which was communicated two days before the cruise. We would get our money credited to our Seapass Account but we did not. I sent an email a week ago but no response. Maybe the wrong email adress. What email should I use to write about this issue?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's too bad that you didn't get your refund for the Chef's Table cancellation while on the ship. Yes, the sheet of paper in the cabin definitely said that the refund would be applied to our Sea Pass account. I went to Guest Services and said that I wasn't going to get off the ship until I received my refund. Of course, this was about Day 4 or so. About 2 days later I received a call from Guest Services saying that they were making a HUGE exception for me and putting the refund on my Sea Pass account. I didn't bother to point out the facts, just said thank you and hung up.

I would definitely call the number that Clarea gave, or Crown and Anchor to get the ball rolling. I had to call C&A to have my point total corrected, they only gave me points as if I was on the 12-night sailing. It was fixed up right away. As well, they also added the points from the 5-night sailing...and that ended only a week ago.

I had prepaid 3 specialty dining reservations for the 5-night cruise and paid double due to the IT problems. I phoned on Nov 3rd, since I hadn't heard anymore about it (since the beginning of September). The gal phoned me back on the 5th, and said that my overcharge will be credited to my cc within 7 days. I don't have it yet, but am watching every day. That was through the Resolutions Dept.

Good Luck. Hope it all turns out with minimal hassle for you.

Joyce :D

Hello, we were on the Westbound too and were not "wowed" mostly because of the crowds all over the ship and several other issues like (dis)embarkation. If the weather had been better it probably would be a nicer cruise. Our stateroom attendant and waitstaff were fine. We were disapointed that Chefs Table was cancelled which was communicated two days before the cruise. We would get our money credited to our Seapass Account but we did not. I sent an email a week ago but no response. Maybe the wrong email adress. What email should I use to write about this issue?

There is a Guest Relations department that can be reached at royalguestrelations@rccl.com. There telephone number is 800-256-6649.

This department handles issues that a cruiser had on a cruise that still needs to be resolved after the cruise has completed.

My suggestion is to call them, first.

That's too bad that you didn't get your refund for the Chef's Table cancellation while on the ship. Yes, the sheet of paper in the cabin definitely said that the refund would be applied to our Sea Pass account. I went to Guest Services and said that I wasn't going to get off the ship until I received my refund. Of course, this was about Day 4 or so. About 2 days later I received a call from Guest Services saying that they were making a HUGE exception for me and putting the refund on my Sea Pass account. I didn't bother to point out the facts, just said thank you and hung up.

I would definitely call the number that Clarea gave, or Crown and Anchor to get the ball rolling. I had to call C&A to have my point total corrected, they only gave me points as if I was on the 12-night sailing. It was fixed up right away. As well, they also added the points from the 5-night sailing...and that ended only a week ago.

I had prepaid 3 specialty dining reservations for the 5-night cruise and paid double due to the IT problems. I phoned on Nov 3rd, since I hadn't heard anymore about it (since the beginning of September). The gal phoned me back on the 5th, and said that my overcharge will be credited to my cc within 7 days. I don't have it yet, but am watching every day. That was through the Resolutions Dept.

Good Luck. Hope it all turns out with minimal hassle for you.

Joyce :D

I've never quite understood how RCI imposes deadlines as strict as the IRS when it comes to getting money owed to them but when it comes to refunding money owed to customers they can do it at their pace, when, and how they feel like it.

There is a Guest Relations department that can be reached at royalguestrelations@rccl.com. There telephone number is 800-256-6649.

This department handles issues that a cruiser had on a cruise that still needs to be resolved after the cruise has completed.

My suggestion is to call them, first.

Can I call this number from Europe?

Looks like it is only for N. America? On Contact Us part of RCCL page.

European guests can contact us at their local offices or via one of our International Representatives:

Italy (Genoa office)

Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. 2:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.Cool • Tel: (+39) 010-4218202

(+39) 010-545821 (Trade)

• Fax: (+39) 01 05958713

• For Reservations:

conferme.it@rccl.com

UK (Weybridge office)

Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. • Fax: 01 932 820286

customerserviceuk@rccl.com

The flight inclusive cruise holidays advertised are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is 3088. Protection extends primarily to guests who reserve and pay in the United Kingdom. Click on the ATOL logo for further information. ATOL

Norway (Oslo office - also serving Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, and the Baltics )

Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

• Tel: 47 22 51 37 80

• Fax: 47 22 51 37 95

infono@rccl.com

Germany (Frankfurt office)

Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. • Tel: 069 920071 0

• Fax: 069 92007192

infode@rccl.com

Spain (Barcelona office)

Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

• Tel: 34 902 345 135

• Fax: 34 93 304 3528

info.es@rccl.com

France (RCL Cruises Ltd.)

77 Boulevard Haussmann, 2nd Floor

75008 Paris, France • Tel: 01.55.27.89.00

booking.fr@rccl.com

Send an email to royalguestrelations@rccl.com with the details and ASK them to call you. This is a specific department to hand post cruise issues that cruisers have.

Edited by Paulette3028

Good - that gives us hope!

MY TA just emailed me and said he spoke to RCI and they confirmed that this voucher can be used on previously booked cruises.

He called because I didn't get the email. They said they sent me one but I didn't get it as usual. Never get important emails from them and I have confirmed our email address several times.

They obviously have the right one because they were able to call, text AND email me about boarding times for this cruise.

I was going to start a new thread but didn't want to get this conversation started all over again.

Lou

MY TA just emailed me and said he spoke to RCI and they confirmed that this voucher can be used on previously booked cruises.

He called because I didn't get the email. They said they sent me one but I didn't get it as usual. Never get important emails from them and I have confirmed our email address several times.

They obviously have the right one because they were able to call, text AND email me about boarding times for this cruise.

I was going to start a new thread but didn't want to get this conversation started all over again.

Lou

Good to hear that we are not the only ones who did not receive the email.

Lou

So HOW will you be getting your voucher? Are they sending it to your TA and then your TA will forward to you or what?

As you said they were able to send you emails about the boarding times for the cruise when they felt the need to do that.

Welcome to the age of the MEGA SHIPS:eek: Lets see how many people we can pack in a small place and send it out to sea. This type of situation might become the norm on these floating cities every time the weather turns bad .Personaly I dont understand why anyone would want to sail on one anyway.To big to many people and you lose the feeling of being on a ship on the ocean.So lets sit back and watch what happens as they keep cranking out bigger and bigger ships. There has to be a limit Maybe some day the ships will be so big every cruise line willonly need a few ships to service everyone:rolleyes:

So HOW will you be getting your voucher? Are they sending it to your TA and then your TA will forward to you or what?

As you said they were able to send you emails about the boarding times for the cruise when they felt the need to do that.

If I understand correctly they will send it to me and then he will take it and get it applied. In his words there will be a couple of numbers on it that he will need to give them to get the discount applied.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

Welcome to the age of the MEGA SHIPS:eek: Lets see how many people we can pack in a small place and send it out to sea. This type of situation might become the norm on these floating cities every time the weather turns bad .Personaly I dont understand why anyone would want to sail on one anyway.To big to many people and you lose the feeling of being on a ship on the ocean.So lets sit back and watch what happens as they keep cranking out bigger and bigger ships. There has to be a limit Maybe some day the ships will be so big every cruise line willonly need a few ships to service everyone:rolleyes:

We cruised on Allure this past summer.....my biggest complaint about the ship, was I did not feel like I was on a ship. There was no soft ocean movement. We had a balcony overlooking Central Park, for a new experience. It was delightful sitting on our balcony and watching people walking through CP; we saw a beautiful bridal party taking pictures and enjoyed listening to the music being played at times. The only place that it was easy to see the ocean was near the Aqua Theater, or of course looking out from the pool deck or the secret balconies (which will soon be gone -- just like they have converted those to suites on Oasis).

We had a lot of fun on Allure...great things to do, and fun things to see. Enjoyed walking on the Boardwalk and the photo gallery and the carousel. All fun. But I did not feel like I was on a ship.

We might go on her or Oasis in the future...but for now we've booked a cruise on Indy for February 2015, and we just booked a short weekender on Majesty for Thanksgiving Weekend.....we will see a lot more ocean on both of these...and feel the soft motion of being at sea.

Lou

Hi Lou! It was great meeting you two in Rotterdam and sharing the ride.

We used to be missed for RCL emails all the time and now they have found us again.:D Even got the email about the FCC!! Many have not though.

Hope to see you both again on a cruise. Take care

Dayle

Hi Lou! It was great meeting you two in Rotterdam and sharing the ride.

We used to be missed for RCL emails all the time and now they have found us again.:D Even got the email about the FCC!! Many have not though.

Hope to see you both again on a cruise. Take care

Dayle

Hi Dayle! I just changed our email addresses on both of our CA profiles so we'll see if that helps! We both have three different ones. Great meeting you too. That's what is great about CC!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

We cruised on Allure this past summer.....my biggest complaint about the ship, was I did not feel like I was on a ship. There was no soft ocean movement. We had a balcony overlooking Central Park, for a new experience. It was delightful sitting on our balcony and watching people walking through CP; we saw a beautiful bridal party taking pictures and enjoyed listening to the music being played at times. The only place that it was easy to see the ocean was near the Aqua Theater, or of course looking out from the pool deck or the secret balconies (which will soon be gone -- just like they have converted those to suites on Oasis).

We had a lot of fun on Allure...great things to do, and fun things to see. Enjoyed walking on the Boardwalk and the photo gallery and the carousel. All fun. But I did not feel like I was on a ship.

We might go on her or Oasis in the future...but for now we've booked a cruise on Indy for February 2015, and we just booked a short weekender on Majesty for Thanksgiving Weekend.....we will see a lot more ocean on both of these...and feel the soft motion of being at sea.

Maybe you would have seen the ocean if you booked an outside balcony. :o

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Maybe you would have seen the ocean if you booked an outside balcony. :o

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We knew from our cabin we would not see the ocean (we wanted a little different experience from our cabin -- and enjoyed that)....but expected plenty of places where we would be able to....there really isn't an easy deck to walk around (it is either the track or the pool deck)

We knew from our cabin we would not see the ocean (we wanted a little different experience from our cabin -- and enjoyed that)....but expected plenty of places where we would be able to....there really isn't an easy deck to walk around (it is either the track or the pool deck)

Or an ocean facing balcony... just saying booking a boardwalk cabin then compaining you did't see the ocean just seems a bit obtuse to me...

jc

Or an ocean facing balcony... just saying booking a boardwalk cabin then compaining you did't see the ocean just seems a bit obtuse to me...

jc

I expected more public places to sit and enjoy the ocean view. On many of our past cruises we had ocean balconies and enjoyed them and on this cruise wanted to experience something different. If we cruise on Oasis or Allure again, I would choose a cabin that is close to the Aqua Theater because from those cabins you can look out from the balcony as see the ocean as well as enjoy the ambiance of overlooking the boardwalk.

We enjoyed our cabin overlooking Central Park and know what we will enjoy more, if we go on that class again.

If people followed the pre boarding times that were set forth by rccl we wouldn't of had all the boarding issues. I asked a handful of people what floors they were on when waiting in line and not a single person I spoke with was suppose to be there at that time. Everyone showed up early which flooded the small ports and caused a complete back up.

If people followed the pre boarding times that were set forth by rccl we wouldn't of had all the boarding issues. I asked a handful of people what floors they were on when waiting in line and not a single person I spoke with was suppose to be there at that time. Everyone showed up early which flooded the small ports and caused a complete back up.

But, if you were D+ or whatever, you could come when you wanted? So, the boarding times were not for C&A members etc. at higher levels.

Rotterdam was not prepared for this size of ship, to check in but Southampton was just disorganized period!! Our worst ever, in about 60 RCL cruises!!!

We were in transit and so we only had to return to the ship after exploring Southampton. There was no place for us to enter and no direction from anyone??

We did both trans -Atlantic crossings.

We were emailed that we could board at 11:30 am in Rotterdam I understand no one was allowed to board at that time.

We arrived at 3:30pm and the boarding was a mess we had to line up to get in the building once through security we were told as Diamond members we could advance but the crush was so bad we had to wait to get to the priority entrance as it was blocked by the crush of pax. Once there we moved well and in truth it took only about 50 minutes to board but a total mess caused by lack of staff to control the flow!

Why could boarding not proceed at the early time since there were no passengers on board and no customs to deal with?

I put it to the incompetence of RCI management who did no potential problem analysis for the boarding. Or perhaps they delayed the boarding to accommodate all the Travel agents they were hosting on the one day cruise to South Hampton?

In South Hampton I believe passengers did not need to get off, it was just that RCI wanted the ship vacant to showcase it for travel agents getting on in South Hampton for Lunch. I spoke to two passengers who did not disembark or see customs.

We did disembarked and it was a slow process.

When we returned at 4:00 pm it was a mad house once more with no staff controlling the flow and entrance doors plugged.

We entered with ships staff and squeezed past the lines but once in we learned that there was a door designated for staff and those in transit but it was not identified with signage or manned by staff.

Over the PA RCI apologized for the mess but never acknowledged the reason.

Since all staff did not have to clear the ship for customs I can only assume as confirmed by the pax that did not get off neither did we. RCI had everyone in transit get off and did not allow embarkation until after 1:00 pm so they could show case the ship!

They had total disregard for their paying passengers.

In Ft Lauderdale not sure what was going on but it appeared as though management was not prepared to have all staff clear customs. They had to page multiple times to have staff go and clear customs this was going on as late as 11;00 am. It seems pax could not clear until all ships staff did first.

Not sure if this was the cause but what ever the case I am willing to bet it was RCI management incompetence.

We asked for a late disembarkation in Ft Lauderdale and were given 10:30am as we were boarding Caribbean Princess docked near by.

At 12:20pm I started to panic that we would not make our boarding as the ship sailed at 4:00pm. We got in line even though not called and we were aboard Princess by 2:45 pm.

I feel sorry for all those that missed flights and had their cruise ruined at the beginning with the horrid boarding and then the nightmare disembarkation.

If I am wrong or misinformed in my statements perhaps some one can clarify as RCI never bothered.

To say the least I left Oasis with a much lowered opinion of RCI.

Edited by Sea-debris

If you don't understand it by now then you probably never will unless you try it for yourself. And as of right now, they are not cranking out bigger and bigger ships. Anthem/Quantum are both smaller than Oasis/Allure.

We did both trans -Atlantic crossings.

We were emailed that we could board at 11:30 am in Rotterdam I understand no one was allowed to board at that time.

We arrived at 3:30pm and the boarding was a mess we had to line up to get in the building once through security we were told as Diamond members we could advance but the crush was so bad we had to wait to get to the priority entrance as it was blocked by the crush of pax. Once there we moved well and in truth it took only about 50 minutes to board but a total mess caused by lack of staff to control the flow!

Why could boarding not proceed at the early time since there were no passengers on board and no customs to deal with?

I put it to the incompetence of RCI management who did no potential problem analysis for the boarding. Or perhaps they delayed the boarding to accommodate all the Travel agents they were hosting on the one day cruise to South Hampton?

The boarding did proceed at the earlier time in Rotterdam. Myself and our friends arrived about 11:10 am at the cruise terminal in Rotterdam and walked right in and had a seat in the area where they were doing check in.

At 1130 the check in process began. At that point is when we lined up according to Loyalty level and we were on the ship by 12:20 or so and sitting in the empty Windjammer by 12:30 PM

The boarding did proceed at the earlier time in Rotterdam. Myself and our friends arrived about 11:10 am at the cruise terminal in Rotterdam and walked right in and had a seat in the area where they were doing check in.

At 1130 the check in process began. At that point is when we lined up according to Loyalty level and we were on the ship by 12:20 or so and sitting in the empty Windjammer by 12:30 PM

So you arrived at 11:10am before it opened at 11:30 and boarded by 12:20pm.

Your boarding took 50 minutes the same as mine which was full of chaos.

How long was the line when they opened boarding?

Was the jam caused due to just poor organization and lack of staff available to clear passengers or was it that 4,000 past Crown & Anchor members who sailed showed up before boarding began?

Glad to hear it seemed to be caused just due to poor planning and lack of staffing personal.

Or the other way to look at it is RCI brought their ship to ports that were not capable of dealing apporpriately with a ship of this size. I'm not sure that a sampling of a handful of people proves anything for a ship that was going to load over 5000 people.