Guarantee Assignment Timing

luvncruisn

I'm sure this question has been asked a billion times, but I can't seem to find a recent answer.

What is the typical timing of getting your guaranteed cabin assignment? I know Carnival says 2 days before sailing, but is this correct? I thought I had seen several people post that it is usually 60 days in advance.

I appreciate your response and thanks for patience regarding the same old question! :)

rare does it happen at 60 days.

it will not happen before final payment. ANd majority is usually around 30 days.. but yes you can get your assignment up til sailing.

and even if you are assigned it can change up til then also

I booked a "last minute guarantee" about 4 weeks out from the cruise date. I asked my Carnival rep if there was a chance I would be assigned my cabin before we embarked and he said no.

So, I immediately checked my reservation and then did my online checkin, hit the enter and my cabin was assigned immediately! I believe it is 4F- across from the Grand Suites on deck 7. We paid for the lowest level guarantee.

We sailed in a balcony gty in September on the Victory. I booked the cruise in July online and the cabin was assigned as soon as I finished the booking. Truth be told I was slightly disappointed :) Was looking forward to the anticipation of seeing what we would get. Assigned deck 7 forward, enjoyed the cabin, location, and cheap price.

We sailed in a balcony gty in September on the Victory. I booked the cruise in July online and the cabin was assigned as soon as I finished the booking. Truth be told I was slightly disappointed :) Was looking forward to the anticipation of seeing what we would get. Assigned deck 7 forward, enjoyed the cabin, location, and cheap price.

Sometimes a past guest rate of a 2 category upgrade is cheaper then a guarantee- I wonder if this is what sale your agent got for you.

On our Liberty cruise in September, we booked about 4 weeks out and didn't get our cabin assignment until 2 days before the cruise. We had a balcony guarantee and I checked daily. For some unknown reason Carnival assigned us a cabin, but it was never posted on the Carnival check in location and then they changed it and posted it.

Everything that was being sent to us was sent to the original cabin which caused us a lot of trouble. An example was that we had SteakHouse reservations and didn't get a confirmation in our cabin when boarding which was unusual since it was for the first night. I called to confirm and they had our reservation under a different cabin number so that was how we found out about the room change. We had OBC sent to us by our TA and that was sent to the other cabin too. It took so many trips to Guest Services to get things cleared up.

Just because of the things that happened to us, I wouldn't book a guarantee again as I don't want to waste so much of my vacation at Guest Services. I also know this was not the norm, but still having our Platinum gifts sent to the other cabin, our strawberries and champagne that was sent to us sent to the other cabin as well as the other things I mentioned was too much for us. By the way, this was our first ever guarantee!!!!

On our Liberty cruise in September, we booked about 4 weeks out and didn't get our cabin assignment until 2 days before the cruise. We had a balcony guarantee and I checked daily. For some unknown reason Carnival assigned us a cabin, but it was never posted on the Carnival check in location and then they changed it and posted it.

Everything that was being sent to us was sent to the original cabin which caused us a lot of trouble. An example was that we had SteakHouse reservations and didn't get a confirmation in our cabin when boarding which was unusual since it was for the first night. I called to confirm and they had our reservation under a different cabin number so that was how we found out about the room change. We had OBC sent to us by our TA and that was sent to the other cabin too. It took so many trips to Guest Services to get things cleared up.

Just because of the things that happened to us, I wouldn't book a guarantee again as I don't want to waste so much of my vacation at Guest Services. I also know this was not the norm, but still having our Platinum gifts sent to the other cabin, our strawberries and champagne that was sent to us sent to the other cabin as well as the other things I mentioned was too much for us. By the way, this was our first ever guarantee!!!!

Thanks for the heads up. We had an assigned cabin but switched to a guarentee. We also have steak house reservations the 1st night. As soon as I find out the cabin number I will notify the steakhouse hopefully this will prevent any issues.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes 30 days seem to be the assignment date. We booked 30 days ago and just got your cabin which is 30 days out...

Do they ever change the assignment? I was also wondering if I can upgrade using current prices since I'm past final payment date. There are some spa balconies as well as aft that would be relatively inexpensive since prices dropped.

Do they ever change the assignment? I was also wondering if I can upgrade using current prices since I'm past final payment date. There are some spa balconies as well as aft that would be relatively inexpensive since prices dropped.

From what I understand...

Yes they can change you depending on the type of cabin you have...2 people in a 3+ people cabin, non-handicap in a handicap, etc..

After final payment ..no without a change fee of I think $50

From what I understand...

Yes they can change you depending on the type of cabin you have...2 people in a 3+ people cabin, non-handicap in a handicap, etc..

After final payment ..no without a change fee of I think $50

Cool. The only thing I could tell from deck plan is that it was a connecting room. I guess I will just keep my eyes out for an upsell.

• 3 weeks later...

Funny thing. As I mentioned previously we got our assignment about 33 days out and we were ok with it. Plus we had oodles of obc so we were very happy.

So today I get a call from the upsell fairy with a good offer on an ocean suite. I asked if I could use the obc to pay for it. After checking she said yes since it was cash I had paid in then switched to the guarentee room.

So now I got a suite cheaper then the advertised price and didn't have to come up with extra and still have a little bit in the kitty.

Don't think it can get any better

Does Carnival notify you via email when they assign your cabin or do you check your booking periodically to find when they assign the cabin? First time we have booked this type but sure can't beat the savings by booking guaranteed right now!

Does Carnival notify you via email when they assign your cabin or do you check your booking periodically to find when they assign the cabin? First time we have booked this type but sure can't beat the savings by booking guaranteed right now!

No carnival doesn't notify you. You need to check your booking and one day it will just be there.