My time dining

Can anyone verify how this works? Do we have to make a reservation every day? Or can we just go to the main dining room between certain hours when we get hungry? When we were on Celebrity a few years ago, we could just show up. We didn't have to make any reservations. I just wanted to make sure how to do it this time :)

Can anyone verify how this works? Do we have to make a reservation every day? Or can we just go to the main dining room between certain hours when we get hungry? When we were on Celebrity a few years ago, we could just show up. We didn't have to make any reservations. I just wanted to make sure how to do it this time :)

You can just show up. You may have a minimal wait for a table. They try to get you to make reservations but it's not necessary.

We loved it! We had to pay our gratuities before we cruised to secure mtd. My dh made a reservation every night based on our daily activities. On Explorer we had to make a reservation by 3:30pm on the same day.

We had the same waitstaff every night except for one night when we didn't make a reservation. We didn't always sit at the same table but that didn't matter. Even on the one night that we had a different waiter, our usual waiter seated us and introduced us to our waiter for that evening.

We love mtd and will do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only nights that you may want to make a reservation for is formal nights. Sometimes there can be a bit of a wait.

We like to make reservations to assure a time.

Same here.

On all of these MTD threads I feel like I have to chime in. So many people say no reservations and little to no waiting time (which was their experience), but my experience was the opposite. The two nights we tried without reservations the wait for a two-top was nearly 2 hours. So we ended up in Windjammer. My point is - understand that it depends on the ship/sailing and be prepared for a wait or to eat somewhere else.

Making reservations was not big deal - a quick phone call in the morning from the cabin or stopping by the desk outside of the dining room. We still felt it was "our time" as we chose the time for the reservation. We also had the same table/waiter each night.

This time we made our reservations before sailing by calling RCCL. They are showing up on our booking - we'll see how it works in January.

Same here.

On all of these MTD threads I feel like I have to chime in. So many people say no reservations and little to no waiting time (which was their experience), but my experience was the opposite. The two nights we tried without reservations the wait for a two-top was nearly 2 hours. So we ended up in Windjammer. My point is - understand that it depends on the ship/sailing and be prepared for a wait or to eat somewhere else.

Making reservations was not big deal - a quick phone call in the morning from the cabin or stopping by the desk outside of the dining room. We still felt it was "our time" as we chose the time for the reservation. We also had the same table/waiter each night.

This time we made our reservations before sailing by calling RCCL. They are showing up on our booking - we'll see how it works in January.

That's what we did. We made 6 or 6:30pm reservations. Should we not want to eat at that time we can always cancel them the morning of.

Recommend that you make your reservation online (cruise planner) for all days in advance. You can cancel or change them anytime during your cruise. That way you have a spot..no waiting...and have the flexibility to change if needed..

Same here.

Totally agree with you, we were on the Radience in August and just turned up for a table for 2, you would have thought we were asking for gold. It was at least a 2 hour wait. They couldn't understand why we didn't want to sit with strangers around around a table for 10. That's just isn't us, we went to the windjammer.

We depart on the Navigator on December 7 and still cannot make MTD reservations. I called last Friday and was told there was a computer glitch that prevented MTD reservations. I was promised a phone call on Wednesday - yesterday, that would correct the problem.

I emailed RCL yesterday and still do dot have reservations.

One person told me I could not make reservations because the cruise was 90 days out. I had to tell him it was less than 40 days.

So I keep bugging the customer service reps until I get reservations.

We always cruise with our MTD reservations in advance.

Patience is required in dealing with the reps.

You can just show up - we have done MTD on our last several cruises - never had to wait and the funny part was somehow we always got the same table and the same wait staff. Granted - we were probably within a half hour each time but it was like they were waiting for us:)

We ask for the same wait staff and get it. We love MTD, have done it ever since Royal came out with it. The only time we make reservations is if there is a show we want to see and we need to make it there at a certain time. Otherwise, we show up when we are hungry. Love it. Love the flexibilily

We like to make reservations to assure a time.

See and for us, MTD is all about flexibility. I have no idea when I am going to get hungry. I want to go eat when I feel like it. That is why we rarely make reservations. Only do it if there is a show we want to make. Otherwise just go with the flow. Never on Royal have we waited more than 5 minutes. We usually eat b/t 7:30 and 8:30

your choice. we actually like to make reservations that are between early and late seating just because we like to split the difference.

We do MTD with reservations and have always gotten the same two top table each night, works well for us. Nice to know we could just show up any time, but turns out we are more creatures of habit than we like to admit, and show up on time each night.